1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All Is Well ,slowly Things Returning To Normal...happy For My Sister

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by blessed, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Whenever people behave in the extreme opposite behaviour than what they usually are, some suspicion should surely rise. Parents should have sensed it better but in this case it was quite a tricky one for the parents to know as they were visiting only for few days.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Yes exactly , they would not know why the “son” was avoiding the parents but based on the earlier post it is evident that they deduced that the “DIL” had something to do with this whole fiasco back then.
    I understand the intention of the son was not to hurt the parents by revealing the real issue but all this led to them being heartbroken anyway ( and making so many wrong assumptions about his wife ) , first during the trip and second when they found out the about their daughter.
    I hope the DIL never finds out what her IL’s and family thought about her when all this happened.
    @blessed nothing against you at all, this is just my opinion based on the earlier post.

SGBV, SunPa, pinkRoseBud and 5 others like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@blessed ..Glad to know things are going well. Just a word of caution...the net isn't as anonymous as one would like to believe. Its best to be careful about sharing such intimate details about a young girls personal life esp without her explicit consent to do so.

SGBV, Meghaa, kalcandu and 7 others like this.
  4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

The daughter was behaving normally, as anyone would when parents come for a visit. The son is behaving unusually, and what's changed with the son now? He is married. So I think it is natural to wonder if the DIL had something to do with it, as as it is with anyone, they over-analyzed and hence attached meaning to seemingly innocent actions of the DIL (like not talking to the boy's side at the wedding etc.)

You start from the premise that in-laws are bad and blame the DIL for everything while I start from the premise that people are usually good and go from there. Hence the very different perspectives, I guess!!

SGBV and justanothergirl like this.
  5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

True as a DIL I myself faced this situation where I was unnecessarily blamed even if Iam not there in that picture, now again like history repeats even I was partly responsible in blaming the DIL and her attitude. I don't know about my sister but I promise to myself that in future I won't come to such conclusions.

SGBV, pinkRoseBud, sindmani and 4 others like this.
  6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes I was actually biased whether I should let these details out but this was the reason for my newphews weird behaviour and it should remain clueless.

7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I am sure you will be a great MIL :thumbup: !

blessed, sindmani and nakshatra1 like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Blessed only has a daughter.Like me, she will have to be a good mil for the happiness of our daughters.

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Assuming dils as the culprit is the default mode .

Had the daughter got married and acted strangely with visiting parents,parents would have attributed it to her adjusting to a new life,of being involved in making her husband happy , giving priority to her new family and life. And the parents would probably have been happy about it.

SGBV, blessed, pinkRoseBud and 2 others like this.
  10. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi @blessed,

Glad to know things have fallen into place.am happy for your family.

I came here to caution just as @justanothergirl has said above.. I would ask the moderator to see if the two threads can be deleted.. this forum is so easy to find, esp for people abroad and would hate for the DIL to come across this post in future. I know the chances are slim, but possible..

Sandycandy, yellowmango and NeetaR like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.