1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All Is Well ,slowly Things Returning To Normal...happy For My Sister

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by blessed, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

HI Ladies
    Thought of continuing in the same thread My Heart Cries For My Sis Who Is Now A Mil but many ladies would miss the updates hence started a new thread.

Lots of twist and turns took place in my Sis home, shocking truths were revealed, emotional moments, regrets, apologies from from both the parties all happened in these few days and me being only a silent spectator, good that I dint interfere ...as advised by most of the ladies here..else I may be in the receiving end.
    The shocking truth I was talking about is when my nephew dropped the bombshell of my Niece's love affair, she was in relationship with her professor who is divorced with 12 year old Son, around two months back prior to my sisters visit to US my niece introduced this man to her brother and SIL, that man was a desi guy who is almost 13 years senior to her and has lost everything because of his divorce, naturally her brother was dead against this which lead to lots of fights and arguments between brother and sister, he even met this man without his sisters knowledge and told him to back of, but that cunning guy wouldn't listen, why would he any ways when he is getting a beautiful young girl for his second innings. My nephew dint want to reveal anything to his parents because he knew they will be broken to pcs when they hear this, he thought he would settle the matter himself and actually he was not keen of his parents visit , but his sister promised she will make their visit comfortable without her revealing anything of her love affair, looks like he was avoiding his parents else he would spill the beans and upset every one.
    Nephews wife tried to counsel her but got insulted badly by my niece so she stayed out of the entire commotion and kept calm.
    Fast forward..... niece broke up voluntarily with her boyfriend , honestly told everything to her parents , my Sis was devastated because she couldn't believe her daughter would act so insensibly,but heaved a sigh of relief that everything is over now, she herself called her Son and DIL and spoke to them, personally told her DIL to take care of her daughter... so all ends well or probably all begins well

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@blessed,
    so glad to hear that all is finally well with your Sis and family. There had to be some major reason for her son
    to act the way he did. It is good that things are sorted out now. All this is a lesson for everyone who has gone through the post and the responses , that it is always better to wait for things to sort out by themselves, when we do not
    know the full reasons behind some seemingly rude behaviours.

sindmani, jskls, Sandycandy and 3 others like this.
  3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes, without knowing the actual reason my sister and myself started imagining and even coming to conclusions, unreasonably doubting the DIL and her attitude, even doubting our own boy to be greedy.. learnt lesson in a hard way

sheztheone, sindmani and paru123 like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@blessed good that you vented here but kept quiet at home.
    sometimes it is better to be silent when we do not have the full picture.

good that the niece opened up. and definitely it must have been very hard for your nephew and the dil.. to be the loving son and responsible brother.. tight rope walk poor guy..

sindmani, Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know tHings sorted out in good way ! Yes communication is the main key In any relationship ! Else we may assume things which aren’t even true !! Good that your nephew told everything to your sister ! And yes you did the best to remain silent with your sis family after all this drama it’s always good to stay away from such matters directly !

sindmani, paru123 and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Phew ! Another case of inlaws assuming their daughter could do no wrong and DIL could never do anything right.
    All is well that ends well I guess !

sheztheone, abla, nakshatra1 and 7 others like this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Phew! Glad to know it all ended well. This is almost like a TV drama!

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  8. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

It is so nice to see everything ended well. Even though it feels like a serial/movie drama real life happens like this only! Little misunderstandings, ignorance, judgements but so much love and care which is hidden in between everything.

Let the caring SIL & brother, give the little sister so much care & attention right now. She need it now to fill the vacuum of her ex-boyfriend.
    The little sister fell for someone 13 years elder. It happens! Love is blind! Anyway good she realized it won't match for her!
    Let the mother/MIL be nice and lovable to her 3 children to build their home again with so much love and peace.
    @blessed it is good you kept silent, as now you know the whole picture .

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Oh, come on. Give the in-laws a break!!! How on earth could anyone suspect in this situation that something could be going on with the niece whwn it was the son avoiding the parents and such?

10. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

All is well that ends well. Poor nephew, he avoided meeting/treating his parents well so that the ugly truth didn't get revealed to his parents and thereby hurt them.

He played the role of a brother and son very well in the bad situation that he was. Lucky is your sister to have such a good son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.