TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

At times it takes few cycles to work even though everything appears good. Be patient, strong and positive. Soon you will hold your lo.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

2. Laxmirani

Laxmirani Junior IL'ite

Thank you Vasumathy.

I am currently in third cycle, this time I wanted to go with IUI as I am already 35 yrs old and my husband 39yrs old.

3. Abu

Abu New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am new to this group. I settled in USA but for my ivf procedure, I visited india . I had my first ivf in 2016 , I got conceived but miscarriage happened in 3rd month. So went back to usa and tried naturally till Jan 2018 but no luck so came back to india to have my embryos which got it from my 1st ivf. But unfortunately got BFN this time. So doc suggested me to go for fresh ivf . Waiting for my next cycle to have frozen Embryo transfer from 2nd IVF.
    Friends, plz suggest me what are do and don't during 2ww. Shall i take head bath during this time? Shall I walk or have bed rest most of the time. Plz guide me friends.

4. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hey whether one conceives naturally or through ivf one needs to take extra care.

Eat nutritious food preferably home cooked food, drink fresh coconut water every single day. Eat 6-8 almonds that have soaked overnight and peeled.Also consume 5-6 pitted dates, they are good source of zinc and fiber,gives instant energy,tastes yum and helps statisfy your sweet tooth if any.

Consume well cooked leafy veggies, vegetables and fruits.Drink a glass of milk with a pinch of saffron.Add eggs, chicken and fish to your diet if you are a non vegetarian, ensure to check the mercury levels of the fish you are purchasing as high levels are no good during pregnency.Drink lots of water.

cut the crap food as much as possible to ensure you don’t develop hemorrhoids.You can satisfy your sweet/savory cravings by eating them in small amounts to avoid constipation.Avoid eating papaya and sesame seeds during pregnancy.Best to avoid coffee,alcohol and other beverages.

Since you have a history of miscarriage, be gentle with yourself. Avoid lifting heavy weights and walking fast or running up and down the stairs.Slow pace walking is good.Avoid standing for a long time while doing chores like cooking, showering as this can lead to cramps and use a chair if needed.Do not hesitate to take help from a family member.

Take medication and follow doctors advice.Most important thing is to be happy.Listen to your body and take rest when needed.Read good books, visualize about a healthy baby as you go to sleep and sleep well for 8 hours.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Gelwini and Abu like this.
  5. Abu

Abu New IL'ite

Thanks dear for ur detailed reply.

I have below queries always in my mind

1. Shall I take head bath during 2ww esp oil bath? If no at least shall I do shampoo wash?
    2. As you mentioned coconut water, if we consume it daily during 2ww ,does it affect embryo? Why am I asking is , I heard that embryo needs heat to implant. If we consume coconut water does it generate more cooling to body .

6. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Just take a quick head bath with a mild shampoo.Avoid taking long bath/head baths as you tend to catch cold.I am not sure if oil bath must be avoided.

Coconut water is good for preventing urinary infections and keeps you hydrated as well.I have always heard good things about it from my mom and grandma. I have taken it during both my pregnancies after a positive pregnancy test and had no issues, but if you are concerned about taking it during the 2ww period, just halt consuming it during that period.

I heard that during FET people consider transferring multiple embryos with an aim to get atleast one healthy baby, if you are considering this option be prepared for extended bed rest during pregnancy which of course differs from case to case.

Have a backup plan about having a family member or someone take care of you during this phase.Make arrangements for home cooked food, food from outside just makes constipation worse! Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Abu likes this.
  7. Abu

Abu New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Some suggestions ladies I would like to suggest. What I did Iam sharing. If it is too personal Iam sorry. Just wishing Every one should conceive.
    1. After intercourse Pls raise and fold ur legs up for few mins
    2. Have I/c either at bedtime or early morning.
    3. Have pomegranate for you and ask husband to eat nuts almonds pista etc..
    4. Weight loss is very essential.
    5. I cooked with mud pots atleast thrice a week.

9. Abu

Abu New IL'ite

Thanks dear for your tips.

But i am going to have FET transfer in 15 days ie end of April 2018.I am looking some suggestions for FET transfer and 2ww .

Gelwini likes this.
  10. Gelwini

Gelwini Senior IL'ite

Hi Lovely Ladies,
    I am new to this forum.i have been ttc for last 4 years. Me 32 DH 33. In last one year have had 3 Ivf cycles. Got success in one but MC...
    Changed the clinic, they diagnosed early stage a denomyosis in UTerus and Now in the 2ww period of the 4th round. They have transferred 2 blastocysts on day6. just praying for success .