1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Anisu join us. as i always say it is not necessary there should be plates posted..

me doing as best as i can..

shodin and Anisu like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

358BC2E1-0A9F-453F-B042-0BE51B2F9632.jpeg

it is a simple thali ..rice, tomato and coriander kuzhambu, tindli/ kovakkai/ivy gourd, chana papad and salads.(lettuce, peanuts, cucumbers and olives)

Archanaanchan, shodin and kaniths like this.
  3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy likes this.
  4. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Can anyone help me out here.I am diagnosed with Endometrial cyst and doctor have recommended not to eat wheat at all.What can i substitute in place of wheat? can anyone guide me please..what should be the diet...please help me out

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

772568ED-1667-46D5-B835-FAE6DD232571.jpeg
    happy sri rama navami to all of you friends..

today’s lunch potatoes sabji, chana masala, dhal fry, rotis, salads and panakam and chaas. had a friend for lunch.

shodin and kaniths like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is so many things we discuss, you ask questions but never respond if it helped. many a times we have all taken turns to help you be it piles or someother issues @pihu123 .

there are millet based food details we have discussed. have more vegetables and rice and all. go to your doctor, trust your doctor and follow the advice..

i believe plaintain flower, horsegram will help a little but there are no proofs..
    @Gauri03 anything that will be beneficial??

7. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thank you @Shanvy Mam for your reply.Piles is still there and not healed.I have to deal with it for my whole life.Many times i have posted my question here but no one response it too.Is there any forum where i can see what diets to follow for endometriosis? If you come across any thread or post then please share the link with me.. I am so sorry if i have hurt here anyone in IL.Several of my threads have not been answered too.

Shanvy likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1F0ECAEF-4919-4F0E-B298-CE07B91895B6.jpeg

barley, cabbage in a pepper and coconut base, rasam, dal and salads..and ofcourse buttermilk with temps inching..

kaniths and shodin like this.
  9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@Shanvy mam I'm inspired by your lunch ideas. It is nice to see a colorful plate with all healthy stuff. After reading few post of yours I have decided to experiment some of the grains posted here. I usually make Quinoa / rice . From this week on I have decided to try new grains. I checked online for jowar mentioned in one of your post. It is sold as Bajri flour in Indian store. I'm going to check if WF will have the grains otherwise will order online. Thanks for this thread very informative.

Shanvy likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@mangaii welcome. this theead has been running for some time now. and is a treasure try it and see how it works for you..

today i made kambu koozhu. usually i make it with soaked kambu ground. today wanted to see how the just ground work. remember people making it with hand poinded kambu. but i still find the soaked one better taste for me and my family than the other.. so trials and leanring.. that is all this thread is about..

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    shodin likes this.