1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Beauty So Precious?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Sweety82, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Just for a jolly discussion. No serious talks. Why do women are so addicted to beauty ? Every woman is beautiful that is different. But for example in a office, if someone gives tips on maintaining her beauty to a person, other women who are all passing by, gets magnetized. I have observed this. If it is a natural beauty tip or discussion about best beauty parlour or about hair growth. Ok. Wait. One more thing. If a lady is beautiful in office, other women become more jealous and due to that (because they cannot be like her) they talk bad of her. Some other women try to go close nearby and admire . Keep in touch with that lady and feel proud. Some other women when they make friendship with 'that' beautiful lady, they even avoid others. Do you think beauty is just so precious? Are these behavioural attitude based on 'face' value ,and bla bla are correct? Need ur opinion friends. Any experience from ur observations in ur office environment? Waiting for ur inputs. :)

anika987 likes this.

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

The obsession for beauty is not just for appearance or self grooming..it's also to flatter the ego and get attention...it's the craving for admiration and acceptance and general society rules that makes everyone pay attention to self grooming..
    The situations that you mentioned, I experienced during school and college days, and sometimes during my office days...a close friend of mine from college days was absolutely gorgeous and while I genuinely liked her as she was a nice girl I also would feel a little left out when all guys would pay attention only to her..during my office days my team mate , who was in her mid twenties, married was very fair and pretty..the fact that she was married didn't stop other men from flirting with her or other ladies from envying her secretly...I had admiration for her, as she was very intelligent and treated me very nicely and motivated me as my senior.. and fact is that she had studied in a top and premier institution in India..but her intelligence kinda got sidelined as everyone tended to notice only her beauty! Hehe.
    As long as we don't compare ourselves with others all is ok.
    Everyone is unique and beautiful in their own way.

Sweety82, Anisu, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Not for me ! I find honest, simple and confident and decisive people most attractive ! Nothing wrong in admiring beauty but it doesn’t define my friendships nor does it invoke any insecurities or jealousy. I also refuse to conform to the typical Indian standards of beauty. But I do think it’s important to wear well fitting clothes and have your hair in place ( grey or black doesn’t matter ) and follow basic hygiene.

I admit I do enjoy watching makeup videos even though I don’t put on much makeup. I really look at it from an artistic viewpoint , the blending , the shading . It takes a lot of skill to get it right .

rupz, Sweety82, Anisu and 6 others like this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

These are a few different topics...

I wouldn't limit it to women alone, the term may change but it's for kids n men as well.

Kids try to dress up or style their hair or get cool shoes n stuff according to their life style n peers. The amount of focus on looks is greater with teens, I see a lot of them trying hard to look perfect.

Men run behind muscles, six packs, beards, cool belts, shoes, watches, perfumes - many are self-obsessed with the they look.

Similarly, we women have our interest in our beauty, skin care, hair care, slim / healthy body.

Of course there are exceptions that either under does or over does any of these things. As long as it's a healthy interest that benefits you, its a normal thing to do.

This discussion about tips or place is quite a common thing, people from the same region may go through similar skin / hair issues like hair fall, bad water, breakouts, etc - so it's common curiosity to figure what all options / home remedies work for others.

N about parlours, it's the same as a restaurant or a movie review, its better to go to a tried n tested place rather than try out a new place n it turning bad even after spending money n time there.

This just sounds like insecurity/ jealousy to me. It's similar to acting weird around a celebrity or a very rich person. If you start to notice, many of these 'beautiful' ladies may not do any of these things, it will be just the people around.

If they like someone for something they have, will they leave the friendship if they lose their beauty, money, job or status ?

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

We all seek beauty in anything and everything and not just our looks.Not just women,everyone kids,men,old and young are all addicted towards beauty.
    It's ingrained in our genetics.

We want the house to be beautiful,we admire a beautiful rose,rains anything which is appealing to the eye.We try to buy handbags,clothes etc everything which looks beautiful to us.

Two things..

1) beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder.

2) One needs to have a balance and not go too extreme.

Sweety82, sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks all for your inputs...enjoyed reading ur words.. very true that we can find beauty in everything..but should not get addicted to that. even i watch videos for hair care face packs etc.. but that interest will not always be there. I asked based on my observations with other people. a lady in my office will be so beautiful and due to that she will get her job done very easily by asking others. nobody will refuse except few. she will not put much effort on job whereas we people work hard. Finally in every meeting she will be awarded as the most sincere hard worker. I could find this funny and even laugh at my mind due to lack of maturity the higher officials have in rewarding that person.

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

It's very easy to envy such a lady...but remember that looks fade with time and age..in the long run its hard work , intelligence and smartness that pays off..of course men will be men and they tend to drool over any pretty woman..there are some people who are susceptible to a lady's charm but not all..what if the same beautiful woman gets to work in a team with a strict lady boss and female team mates? Her charm will not work there!
    My close relative who is extremely beautiful has faced umpteen number of struggles in her career despite being well qualified..if beauty alone was the key to success why would this happen?

Sandycandy and Sweety82 like this.
  8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes dear very true.

Sandycandy likes this.
  9. Mira20

Mira20 New IL'ite

For a long time, I felt being beautiful is not essential and it doesn't matter how others treat us based on how beautiful we are, as it is going to fade anyway with ageing.

However, life taught me a lot of lessons recently that change my perception towards beauty.
    Beauty is not about your external showcased appearance; it is about how you internally view it. You should have the desire to feel good, there comes with it the art of self-love.
    With self-love comes self-respect and I see these two are very important for a person. In this line, give the opportunity to feel beautiful rather than the desire to look beautiful.

anika987 likes this.