1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@muggs . Well narrated. You hv knitted Samyak's thoughts & emotions very well. It happens in arrange marriage. Anita's image n expectations of a DIL is very common in typical joint family. Again, goodwishes for this new topic.

muggs likes this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Good going Muggs !!

muggs likes this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for valuable comments. It means a lot.:cheer:

ratan likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks for reading and giving your feedback.:)

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 3

“Tring Tring… Tring Tring…”

“Hi Samyak, How are you, man? Long Time…” Aditya answered the call.

“I am good bhaiya. How are you? Yes, it's been quite long since we spoke.” Samyak replied with earphones on as he was traveling back from office in the evening.

“I am also good. Just busy with office work. You know this time of the year is quite hectic for CAs.” Aditya and his wife Saloni both are working as CAs.

“Ohh yes… I hope I am not disturbing you. I am just going back from office and on the bus, so I thought of calling you. If you are busy I will call you later.” Samyak realized maybe it's not good time to discuss all that.

“Ohh nothing like that Samyak. We can talk now. So tell me what else is going on. Howz your work and life?” Aditya felt there is something more Samyak wants to talk about other than usual stuff.

“All good going Bhaiya. Work is little hectic sometimes but I really enjoy it. I love what I do so it never feels a burden to me.” Samyak said.

“That’s really good. But don’t become workaholic. Enjoy your life as well.” Aditya giggled.

Samyak also smiled and said, “Hmm… Yes sure. Howz Saloni Bhabhi? Why don’t you and Bhabhi come to Hyderabad for a vacation? We will have fun.”

“She is also good. Yes, we will surely plan something maybe in summer or if you can give us an excuse we can come early also.” Aditya was pulling Samyak’s leg.

“Come on bhaiya. You can come anytime. No need for excuses. But maybe you get one in some time.” Samyak laughed.

“Ohh really??? Did you meet someone? So is it arranged meeting or my brother is in love? Is it…” Aditya asked surprisingly.

“Wait bhaiya. Nothing happened. Mummy Papa just asked me if I am ready for the marriage or not. They think this is the right time and I have to answer them. But I am so confused. I never thought about all this before. I don’t know what should I tell them.” Samyak jumped in between before Aditya started assuming different possibilities.

“Relax Samyak. It happens with everyone. Getting nervous, being confused is just normal. It means you are human.” Aditya joked and tried to calm down Samyak.

“I don’t know bhaiya. How should I decide that am I actually ready or not? How would I decide that who will be the right one?” Samyak still sounded confused.

“I understand Samyak. I have been through all these phases. See what Mamaji and Mamiji are saying is also correct. According to them, you are settled professionally and now its time for you to take a step ahead in your personal life as well. But before you jump to any conclusion, you should understand, marriage is a lifelong commitment. So you should be completely ready to accept someone in your life, to trust, to understand, to care, to share and most importantly to love. But it is very difficult to understand whether you are ready for this or not. But you know when you meet that someone, you get that feeling.”

“That’s exactly what I fear for. It’s a lifelong thing. And how will I decide all this in just one or two meetings.” Samyak said.

“Don’t be afraid Samyak. Don’t think you will be trapped with someone. It’s a beautiful bond which two people share, nurture and flourish with time. And who said you have to decide in one or two meetings?” Aditya explained Samyak patiently.

“But that’s how it happens right?” Samyak said.

“Hahaha… These days arranged marriages also changed quite a bit. You will get a lot of time. You guys can meet if you are in the same city. If cities are different, you can chat, email and talk to each other for some time and then take your decision.” Aditya told Samyak.

“Hmm… But still, I don’t know…” Samyak was still not sure.

“Look brother… I know it's not easy but I know once it all starts, eventually things get more clear and everything will fall into place. You know what… remember one thing, Life is a beautiful journey and you have to choose whether you want to go on it alone or with someone special who will always be by your side.” Aditya wanted Samyak to feel positive about all this.

“I think I would definitely love someone to be around but journey can’t be smooth all the time.” Samyak was getting convinced.

“Exactly. Not going to smooth all the time. Ups and downs, problems, happiness, excitement, confusions, adjustments, different experiences, sometimes good, sometimes bad, different people, different situations, but you will have someone with you to share all this and that’s what marriage is.” Aditya said and smiled.

“Hmm... That’s true. Thanks bhaiya. I feel relaxed and positive after talking to you.” Samyak took a deep breath.

“So should I take it as a “Yes”?” Aditya asked jokingly.

“Hahaha… Yes Bhaiya.” Samyak also laughed.

“Great. I am sure there will a celebration today when you tell this to your parents.” Aditya said smilingly.

“I know. Mummy is very eager to know my decision. I am about to reach my stop as well. Thanks once again Bhaiya. You are a rockstar.” Samyak stood from his seat and started walking towards the door of the bus.

“You are always welcome my little bro and all the very best for the new and most interesting chapter of your life.” Aditya said happily.

“Thank you Bhaiya. Have a Good Night.” Samyak smiled.

“Good Night.”

They hang up and Samyak rang the doorbell.

Bhoonzee, periamma, ivy24393 and 7 others like this.
  6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Deep explanation of marriage life journey.you hv summerized all if & but in one chapter. Well written.:clap2:

muggs likes this.
  7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 4

After Samyak got agreed for the marriage, his parents have started their search in full flow. Many of their relatives have suggested different alliances. But some places, horoscopes don’t match, age difference, education difference, location problem sometimes from Girl’s side and sometimes from Samyak’s side. Now Samyak has also set some expectation about his life partner. He wants a girl who is educated and carries herself well. He is good looking and after joining gym he has built up a good physique as well. Samyak and his parents are fine if the girl is working but they don’t want someone who is very focused towards her career only. His mother wants a girl who can share all the household responsibilities with her. So getting a perfect fit as per their expectations is quite difficult. And sometimes if they find a girl with all the qualities they are looking for, there are issues form Girl’s side or horoscopes don’t match.

So all n all still the search is on. Samyak has still not met any girl in personal. Meanwhile, Samyak changed his job and now he has joined a giant in the industry and growing in his career. Now he is dealing with more international clients. He is quite happy and satisfied with the work.

A few weeks later, at the dinner table, Vivek told everyone that his elder brother’s daughter is getting married and they all have to attend the marriage.

“Papa… I would not be able to join you all in Kavya’s marriage. I have an important project going on. I don’t think my leaves will get approved.” Samyak told.

“Why son? See Kavya is your first cousin. If it is very distant then I would not have asked you. But in this, you have to come. You try to convince your manager and it is just a matter of 3-4 days.” Vivek told Samyak.

“And also in marriages, you will get a chance to meet your relatives. You have not met them for so many years. You have not attended Aditya’s marriage as well.” Anita also reasoned.

“Bhaiya you should come with us. Who knows you will meet someone there? Right Mummy.” Vedant winked at Samyak.

Anita’s mind also lighted at Vedant’s joke, “Yes, he is right. People get to see prospect brides and grooms in marriages. You talk to your manager and book everyone’s ticket. We all will go.”

Samyak stared at Vedant and nodded. Vedant is smiling and enjoying his dinner.

Next day Samyak discussed with his boss and he agreed for his leaves. He booked tickets for everyone.

They all reached the Venue. It is a destination wedding at Udaipur. Three days at a beautiful resort. Mehndi, Haldi, Sangeet, Shadi, and Vidai everything from the same place.

Both sides are staying there. Lots of food - traditional, continental, Rajasthani traditional decoration, music and dance. Samyak got to meet his cousins after a long time.

They are all having fun in roaming around the resort, eating, dancing, enjoying all the rituals, taking photos, catching up with each other. It is a nice break from Samyak’s busy routine so he is enjoying everything to the fullest.

Next day Aditya and Saloni have also arrived. They also joined their cousins in the fun. Samyak was noticing how Aditya and Saloni are taking care of each other. They eat together. If Saloni is busy with any ritual or relatives, Aditya waits for her. Aditya told Samyak that Saloni has selected all his dresses. Samyak felt really nice looking at them.

On the day of the wedding, one of the distant relatives came to Vivek and told there is someone who is asking for Samyak and want to meet him. He told Vivek they are related to someone from the Kavya’s mother side. Vivek discussed with Anita and they agreed to meet at the reception after the wedding.

“Namaste. Myself Ajay and my she is my wife Seema.” Ajay gave the introduction to Vivek and Anita.

“Namaste. I am Vivek and this is my wife Anita.” They all greeted each other.

“Actually I got to know that you are looking for Samyak’s alliance. My daughter Niharika has completed her MBA last year and we are also looking a good match for her.” Ajay said.

“Ohh that’s nice. Samyak is also MBA and working in E&Y in Hyderabad. We all live there.” Vivek responded.

“I live in Jaipur with my family. I am a jeweler. Niharika is our only daughter.” Ajay told Vivek.

“So Niharika has also come to the wedding.” Anita enquired with Seema.

“No, she has not come here. She is in Jaipur with her grandmother.” Seema replied.

After few formal talks, Ajay and Vivek decided that once the horoscopes match, they will talk on the phone. Ajay and Vivek exchanged Niharika and Samyak’s photo and horoscope with each other.

On the way back to Hyderabad in the train, Vivek and Anita told Samyak about the meeting and handed Niharika’s photo to him. He went to the upper berth and lied down.

He took the phone and opened the email attachment. He looked at the picture and couldn’t take his eyes off. Niharika is very beautiful and pretty just like her name.

Bhoonzee, PLK, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  8. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Nice discription of Indian marriage. Good going..!:cheer:

muggs likes this.
  9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 5

After looking at Niharika’s picture, Samyak can’t stop himself to think about her. He also looked at her facebook profile. She has kept a security lock so her profile is not public. Two or three photos of her are visible. To Samyak’s luck, their horoscopes also matched. Ajay called Vivek and they discussed and finalized that Ajay and his family should come to Hyderabad. Vivek wants them to look the city and house first where Niharika has to spend her life if everything goes perfectly. Ajay also agreed. Meanwhile, in Samyak’s office, he is asked to go to Australia for a project for 6 months. He has started his visa processing and other formalities

Ajay, Seema, Niharika and one of Ajay’s brother all arrived at Hyderabad airport on the decided date. Vedant picked up and drop them at the hotel near to his house. They have decided to get freshen up and reach Samyak’s house in the evening for the dinner.

Samyak is getting ready in his room and thinking what all he gonna talk to Niharika. He wore a light blue striped shirt and dark blue jeans. He is quite nervous as it is going to be his first official meeting with a girl.

“Bhaiya let’s go. They are about to reach.” Vedant came and asked Samyak to come outside. Anita and Vivek are already outside in the garden. Samyak and Vedant also reached.

The car arrived and everyone started getting down. Samyak is touching their feet and when he stood back, Niharika got down from the car touching up her saree pallu. She is wearing a green chiffon self-printed saree with glitter around and a black lace border on it. She has done a light makeup and her hair is tied with a small clutch. She is looking perfect. Samyak and Niharika looked at each other and smiled. Seema accompanied Niharika inside the house and she also touched Vivek and Anita’s feet.

Anita blessed her and said, “You are looking very beautiful in the saree.”

Niharika smiled and thanked her.

They all sat in the living room and started talking. Ajay asked Samyak about his work, his hobbies, and academics. Seema and Anita were discussing some common relatives whom they found they both knew during their talk. There are some light snacks and tea served on the table. There is still time for the dinner so Anita asked Seema, “If you are fine, Niharika and Samyak can talk in the garden.”

“Yes Sure. Niharika, go dear.” Seema told.

Samyak and Niharika came outside in the garden. Samyak offered Niharika to sit on the swing. They both sat down.

“You are looking very beautiful.” Samyak complimented Niharika.

“Thank you.” Niharika smiled.

“So how was your journey? Is this first time you visited Hyderabad?” Samyak started the conversation. He wants Niharika to feel comfortable.

“It was good. Yes, this is my first visit to Hyderabad.” Niharika is still little nervous.

“Ok.. so you have never been to the southern part of India?”

“No, we went to Kerala once in one of my vacations.”

“So you like traveling?” Samyak found the topic to continue their conversation.

“Yes, I love to travel. Papa always takes us to different places once a year at least in my vacation. Do you also like traveling?” Niharika is also getting comfortable now.

“Yes I also enjoy going around but I haven’t traveled much yet.” Samyak replied and he is happy that Niharika is now relaxed.

“So what else do you like?” asked Samyak.

“I love dancing. I have joined Shaimak Davar’s dance class.”

“That’s great. I can only dance in a Baarat.” They both laughed.

They talked about their likes, dislikes, family, friends, work, football, music and connected very well with each other. No awkward pause in between. They are going on and on. One topic from other and other from another.

“What are your expectations from your life partner?” Samyak asked Niharika.

“Hmm… I don’t have any list as such. I just want someone who understands me and trusts me. All other things can be managed.” She told with a ease.

Samyak loved her simplicity and he is enchanted with her beauty, the way she talks, she carries herself. Everything which he is looking for, she is the answer. Samyak decided somewhere in his heart that she is the one.

“So do you have any question for me?” Samyak checked with Niharika.

Hesitatingly she asked, “Do you… I mean Do you smoke or drink?”

Samyak smiled and said, “No I don’t. I believe there are many other ways to enjoy life or relieve your stress.”

Niharika felt happy after listening to his answer. She liked the way Samyak make her feel comfortable during the whole conversation.

“Your favorite cuisine?” They both asked together.

“Chinese.” They both replied together and laughed again.

Vedant came outside to call them for the dinner. Everyone had dinner and after a little more talk Ajay and his family left for the hotel.

Seema and Ajay liked the family and Samyak. They thought this is a good match for Niharika. Seema asked Niharika, “So do you like Samyak? How was your conversation with him?”

“He is nice and I am fine with whatever you and Papa decide.” Niharika replied.

Seema and Ajay felt relaxed and happy.

On the other side, there is no need to ask Samyak as his face and Vedant’s descriptions made it clear to Anita and Vivek that it’s a Yes.

Vivek called Ajay and told the good news and also heard a Yes from their side as well. Both families met in the morning and decided to do the engagement in Jaipur next week before Samyak leaves for Australia.

Samyak and Niharika have now become friends on facebook. One week is passed in all the preparations, shopping and packing for the engagement and Samyak’s onsite visit. Samyak has booked his ticket from Delhi to Sydney for the next day of the engagement, as he has to join there as early as possible.

They all arrived a day before engagement. It is a small function with close family members. Aditya also came with his mother. Kavya’s parents also joined from Samyak’s side.

Most of Niharika’s relatives are from Jaipur so they all gathered up. Niharika wore a light pink color lehnga and net dupatta. She is looking stunning. Samyak wore a beige color kurta and churidar. He is looking very charming. Everyone is saying they are looking perfect together. The ceremony started and both parents happily performed all the rituals and shared gifts with each other. They all danced and at the end, Aditya and Vedant surprised Samyak and Niharika with a beautiful CONGRATULATIONS cake. They cut the cake and fed everyone. With all this Samyak and Niharika hardly get any time to talk.

Next morning Niharika and her family came to the airport to drop Samyak. After check-in, Samyak and Niharika went to take coffee from a shop. Samyak looked at Niharika.

“What are you looking at?” Niharika asked. Her face is turned red.

“You.” Samyak said still his eyes set on her innocent face.

“Stop it. I am the same. Not changed overnight.” Niharika said with a smile.

“I know but something has changed overnight. Now you are mine.” Samyak takes out a box from his pocket and give it to Niharika.

“What’s this?” Niharika asked.

She opened and there is a beautiful bracelet with little charms hanging on it. He took out the bracelet from the box and tied it on Niharika’s hand.

“It is beautiful. Thank you so much.” Niharika looked at it with excitement.

“I will miss you.” Samyak said.

“Come back soon.” Niharika said.

Samyak’s flight announced for the security check and Vedant waved at him to come.

Samyak took everyone’s blessings and hugged Vedant and proceed towards security check. Before entering towards the gate, he looked at Niharika again and wave a bye.

periamma, PLK, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Very nice narration.

muggs likes this.