100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

After reading about Alex Kogan, the researcher giving away the data he gathered to Cambridge Analytica which in turn used the Psychographic profiling to influence the 2016 election, I have decided to delete my Facebook account once and for all and recommended it strongly to my wife as well. What a relief! I am no longer worried about reading the fine print material from Facebook, my personal profile and info being shared with someone else other than my friends, reading content that are not real besides saving so much time in social media.

A complex social-media focused life is stopped and life with the family is so simplified!

sindmani, Laks09, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

At the end of the day I put my earbuds and listened to this song. Was able to hear every single instrument and the music gave me an out of the world experience. I had heard this song for decades now. But this time it was different. Those 5 mins absolute focus with eyes closed and I went in repeat mode. No wonder Music is healing and music is divine. Nothing but Illayaraja

One good thing about music is when it hits you you feel no pain - Bob Marley.

How true !

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Curious to know about which song was it. My guess is " Neetho Unte Entho Sukham". :blush:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    sindmani likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First walk with the little fur baby. She was overwhelmed by the sounds and smells. Couldn't quite make up her mind where she wanted to go first. It was a joy watching her excitement. The lovely weather made for a fun first outing for the whole family with our newest member.

Giri12, Viswamitra, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  5. Gauri03

Saw this on a gardening forum I frequent. Gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning. My husband would vigorously nod his head in agreement. :lol: It's never been about saving money. It's the joy of growing something and loving the hard work and commitment that comes with it.

Vn0rRAk.jpg

sindmani, Giri12, Viswamitra and 5 others like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

How nice it was to hear “I’m going to try this stepping out of my comfort zone”. Glad to see someone coming out of their shell and learning to spread their wings.

sindmani, Giri12, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  7. Gauri03

I can't stop myself from posting this. Spent the day at a technology challenge with some of the smartest, most hard-working, articulate kids I have ever met. The world's future couldn't be brighter. My little man was a participant and his team won an award! I am bursting with joy and pride. : )

Giri12, Viswamitra, rossie and 6 others like this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

2017 was a strange year! A year of extreme transformation where incredibility and impossibility mingled into a savage inspiration to read. To read, I have forgotten what it was to read meaningful literature for a long time with my pottering about. I totted up my kindle reads to 103 in the past year, that is a combination of picture books, young adult novels, very adult novels, plays, non-fiction and essays, with an average pace of a book every three days. I must have read not more than 80 books in my entire life up until 2017. Just wanted to positively (and privately) thank the people in my life who made it possible.

sindmani, Viswamitra, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Filled with a general peace... a lazy, laidback positive with decidedly curly lines not bothering to meet each other at a ninety. What would be le mot juste? Not joie de vivre. More like paix dans la vie. Peace in life? Started off in the morning on the right note installing new gmail, and unsubscribing to many unsolicited senders. That set the tone for the day.

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

While we mask as humans in the real world, I never doubted that this virtual jungle holds our visceral selves upon shedding our suits in Education & Personal Growth to reveal the insects in us. Not ordinary insects but bumbling insects that swamp up periodically for another flourishing season of English Matters, Futurology etc. Ordinary insects are boring! But these neurite insects are striking for they don't languish while they are incubating underground, but they reflect, improve and buzz up again in the air having evolved into better beings.

This time the insects aspire to strive and flutter around better. They have gained sensibility and wisdom than their predecessor selves. And if things go awry they can rely on St. Sokanasanah to guide them into meaningful path with his crisp and symbolic tales of 'bowel movement' — what you feel needs to be expressed in a way that it gets you what you want; 'restaurant etiquette' — be self-aware of your emotions like you regulate and do in a restaurant.

With that, begins another season of the indefatigable and aspiring insects, and, well, the rotten insect in the team feigns to resist change.

upload_2018-4-30_9-44-28.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Viswamitra, rossie and Gauri03 like this.