Dh Has Zero Sperm Count

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sammygirl723, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

With due respect, I would like to give you one simple advice.

Please never ever suggest adoption to a couple having fertility problems. It affects their hopes of having a child of their own in a negative manner. You are no different from those who are hurting the OP by asking her directly about when she plans to have a baby. Each and every couple, married happily, plans to have a child of their own, a couple of years into their marriage. Some see success within a few months. Some unfortunate ones, keep trying, for months, years and sometimes conceive with assisted reproductive techniques. Believe me, it is a stressful process. Suggesting adoption is very very easy, but when you put yourself in their shoes, you will know how much it hurts to hear such stuff when you are trying everything under the sky to have a baby. Do you think the OP doesn't know about adoption?

If the OP has written about leaving her husband, it might be due to stress, depression or something else that only she knows. It might sound ridiculous to you, but she might have her own reasons for saying so.

PS: I am sailing in the same boat, I know how much it hurts when someone keeps giving me random advice when they actually have no idea what I am going through.

2. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

My elder sister suffered with Primary Infertility for eleven long years. Every time she comes home and weeps , I have felt her pain. Especially, when her in laws insulted her, for not being able to bear a child, she used to sob inconsolably.

Sorry to differ. I know the pain. I have seen how my parents suffered. First time in my life, I have gone through sleepless nights after seeing my sister, weeping alone in night.

Not only me, my whole family knows how intense the pain of Infertility is.

Any how, I apologize, if my suggestion of going for adoption has offended you and others.

I am sorry.

3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, first of all, you need to grow a thick skin, thick as a mattress. Grow a thick mattress. But here is the thing - for growing a thick skin, you need to be able to accept the reality in the first place. Accept the situation and then go from there. It looks like you are not sure what you want. You say you both are happy even without a child, but you also say it hurts. So you need to analyze which one is the truth. Is it the incessant nagging from society? Ignore! it is none of their business. Smile and walk away. Or say, "when it happens, you will be the first to know, aunty/uncle/whatever." Keep repeating until they get the point.

Now, as far as your inlaws are concerned - why are you alone taking this burden? Why isn't your H talking to them. He is their son, he should be able to come clean. Why is the wife always made to answer questions? Both of you sit them down and ask HIM to tell them what is the issue. Inform them of the steps you are taking. Perhaps they may know of some remedies. They may back off.

Also, as trying this time may be, do not think of leaving your DH. You guys are happy together, child or not. That is what matters. Don't throw away what you are blessed with for what you don't have.

Communicate. Keep them in the loop. Remember, additional stress of dealing with people only harms your chances. Good Luck.

ashima10 and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    H ru...

I’m also facing the same issue...is there is any update from you..do ur husband sperm increases?

Looking for some positive story in male infertility

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Hi OP and @happydheivanai ,

I was also in the same position as you 2 years ago. My husband had zero sperm count, no sperm motility etc etc

We went for IVF with ICSI and we now have a healthy and happy baby daughter who lights up our lives with her chubby cheeks, dimpled chin, rosy lips etc.

So the short answer to your question is, based on my own experience, yes its very much possible to have your own biological child (no sperm donor) when your husband has low or zero sperm count.

Now whether or not you really want it and want it for the right reasons, thats a different discussion altogether.

Good luck. Stay Positive.

6. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Thanks muthu..did u tried any Ayurvedic treatment or some other treatment or straight to ivf?my age is 32 so confused to wait or not

7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

According to me Adoption is the best and wonderful option than going for treatments with DS. Well and good if you can conceive easily through treatments, if not why do you have to undergo all that stress, Adopt a kid and the see the wonders that little soul will bring in to our lives. Also why do you want to explain people in detail about your problems in conceiving . How does it matter if you have a problem or your husband.I wish our society is more open to adoption. We are the current generation now and we can bring the change. Please dont sufffer . Just adopt and live your life happily ever after.I don't like giving advice to anyone but you asked for it and you are on a difficult path of Donor sperm and treatments. It is complicated and tiring. Why to go through all that stress?

8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I feel you are too worried about what other people say. Society always has something to other to day about others' private matters be it kid or marriage or study or career. We can't start living our life acc to them .Please ignore these jobless people .

Some people get results through yoga , Ayurveda etc. Visit a reputed place to learn yoga properly and follow natural cure with full faith .

You are already making a lot of sacrifice for your husband , silently accepting blame and pressure from his relatives when problem is not with you . Dont do too much for others that instead of being grateful and considerate they start to walk all over you . Ask your DH to handle situation with his FOO properly .

madras2018 likes this.
  9. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am 28 yrs old and my DH is 32..I live with my mother and DH.. few months before we came to know about my DH's azoospermic condition.. needless to say we both were put down with doc's usual reference of IVF,ICSI..we went for a second check up to another male fertility clinic in chennai..there the doc was so money minded and busy that he didn't mind to tell us in detail about the issue.. all he said was it is non-obstructive azoospermia and u ppl can go for TESE then IVF-ICSI than to waste time.. he said that we are already aged and don't waste time looking for other options..

I am lucky to have such a loving and caring husband..I cannot see him so depressed (though he does not show it openly,i know the pain he is going through)..he has so many things running in his mind though he pretends to be cool before me..

We are married for 3 years.. my DH is not interested in IVF and artificial techniques..he couldn't accept it emotionally..we informed both of our parents regarding the same..my sis is also ttc for 5 years..she had miscarriage last year..now whenever she comes home she asks me casually about our ttc progress.. my Dh said not to tell any of our siblings regarding our issue..I think he says this because of the embarrassment.. so i keep telling my sis that everything is Ok..I don't know how long I can maintain this statement.. more than all of this, I want my cheerful husband back..I cannot see him feeling down..Compelling him for IVf is the last option I have..other than that I would like to know if there is any other alternative treatments or home remedies for azoospermia..
    looking for your valuable feedbacks...pardon me for the long post..

10. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

If your husband is against IVF or sperm donor options, then how does he propose you both will have a child ? Or are you expected to forego that wish because he is too embarassed to solve the problem ? Is adoption option open ?