1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

About Vivek, Yes, I think he is completely different person after the death of his son. Though he tries his best in facial expression, his eyes carry the sadness. And I think he lost all the inspiration. His comedies in VIP1 and 2 were painful to watch. I think he should start chosing character roles - not funny ones. Feel very sad to say this though.

2. ILoveTulips

Sounds like an interesting watch... !! Thanks for sharing the plot.. :)

Star25 likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Qarib Qarib Single Single - worth one time watch. Good performance by both Irfan Khan and Parvathi Menon

4. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Yes I too watched it. Loved it. It was good to see on big screen with subtitles. Both of their acting, was excellent.

jskls likes this.
  5. ILoveTulips

Watched few Hindi movies over the weekend. Queen, Taare Zameen par, Dangal, Kahani

Liked all the movies. [Contains Spoilers]

Queen was nice feel-good-movie, though the plot is predictable and we all know how the movie would end. First being head-over-heels in love, then being dumped, heart broken, then soul-searching, self-realisation, then inevitably the man would come back only for him to be dumped by her. That's not different in this movie. Loved Kangana's acting, and she lived the character of Rani. Her expressions, and mannerisms of a village girl was realistic. Loved the scene where she had to fight a 6 foot tall homeless guy to protect her bag and the passport in it. Though I like movies based on heroines, I feel the scenes could be bit more believable. For example, (1) can't believe that overly protective parents like Rani's would let her go to a foreign country by herself, let alone when she is depressed and beleived to be a suicide risk. (2) can't believe that an Italian guy would lend his caravan kitchen on a busy market day to let a girl play with her cooking, just because she is pretty. He didnt even know that she could cook, all she described was she needed some ginger/garlic/chilly on her italian food. And the girl who doesnt know Hing, would make Golguppas, how did she find tamarind, cooked chenna etc in an Italian kitchen?. Not trying to be too picky, but the movie would have been even more enjoyable for me, if it was not shown a girl can miraculously win everybody's heart. For e.g., How do you feel if at the end of English Vinglish, Sridevi writes an 300 page English novel?

Dangal really nice movie too, was holding breadth during the wrestling scenes, kudos to the girls. Dont want to sound like someone who always picks up negatives in an otherwise positive movie.. But I couldnt help but wonder the following. Be it Taare Zameen par, or Appa (Tamil Movie) the movies always advises parents against forcing studies on children. These movies puts such parents in negative light. In Dangal, the father does the same no? He forces wrestling on the girls who otherwise have no interest in the sport. Is he not forcing his dream on the girls? So forcing studies is bad, but forcing sports is ok? Won't understand this logic though. Other than this, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, as Amir Khan says at the end, the girls were an inspiration for other girls who thinks doing house-hold chores is only thing they are capable of.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. ILoveTulips

Anyone watched 'Oru Nalla Naal paarthu solren'?? Being a die-hard Vijay Sethupathi fan I sat down to watch the movie twice and lost interest after few minutes. Have to force myself next time. Anybody else watched and enjoyed it?

7. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

I watched it but nowhere close to enjoying. I personally didn't like it. I finished the entire movie in half the time by forwarding

ILoveTulips likes this.
  8. ILoveTulips

Hmm yes, very substandard no... The comedies didn't come good. And the hairstyle and make up of Vijay sethupathi was a very for help.. :'(

meepre likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

watched hitchki a good one. lots of scenes feel copied from a few movies of this genre.

rangasthalam is like a good novel that needs to be read slowly and patience. a beautifully done movie and music is a treat. so is the locations..

10. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

I watched 'Hate story3 ' today. It was so thrilling till the end. For those who haven't watched it, this movie is definitely a good one. I enjoyed watching it.