Cooking Suggestions And Ideas

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by shravs3, Jan 25, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@sravanitenali :blush: . Sravani replies to Shravani ! I remembered Karthik calling Karthik :grin: movie !! Think you are from Andhra ! I’m also Telugaite but born and brought up in Bangalore ! And Thanks for your suggestions ! From many days I’m planning to do this chia pudding ! And regarding opos i have already joined tat group in fb but my only worry is I have only cooker and I don’t have extra safety valve ! Do you feel if you do too much opos the safety valve might burst open ??

sravanitenali and Sandycandy like this.
  2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Lol S answers S....

If we standardize the PC and use it, I dont think there will be any issues, there are some people posting regarding coil cooktop OPOS cooking (if you have that) or glass top cooking range check in the support group. I have only one cooker too and have been OPOSing past 6months without issues.

Thanks
    Sravani

shravs3 likes this.
  3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Here are few suggestions for breakfast and lunch from my side.
    1. Dosa
    2. Pesarattu
    3. Idli (cook idlies, refrigerate and use with 4-5 days) just warm them in a steamer or microwave 4 idlies for a minute.
    4. Paddu, punugulu, savory waffles with idli/dosa batter/pesarattu batter.
    5. Quick grilled sandwiches with any left over curry and/or cheese (sandwich maker is good to use)
    6. Podi idli, tawa idli,tomato upma with left over idlies.
    7. Bread omlette/ boiled eggs (if you consume eggs)
    8. Prepare uncooked stuffed parathas and refrigerate a night before using them the next day.
    9.moong dal vegetable kitchidi with some peanuts and cashews (using frozen mixed vegetables makes it easier)
    10.besan cheela (dosa made with gram flour)
    11. Prepare the tadka for upma the previous night and refrigerate before using it the next day for breakfast.
    12. Soak little Chana dal the previous night and use it to make sarvapindi( andhra style rice flour savory pancake) for breakfast the next day.
    13. Quick fix one pot meals like tomato rice, veg pulav, lemon rice, sambar rice,coconut milk rice, semiya upma, semiya pulav.
    14. Dibbarotte (andhra style breakfast).
    15. Uggani (andhra style breakfast) made with puffed rice for breakfast.
    16. Uttapam with dosa batter using a sandwich maker or tawa.
    17. Sauté some button mushrooms with little salt and pepper and serve as a side for lunch or with some toast in the morning.
    18. Different types of dosa like raagi dosa, poha dosa, pullattu (buttermilk dosa) that does not need fermenting and easy to make as well.

Check the YouTube channel for recipes
    Teluguruchi - Cooking Videos,Cooking Tips

It’s in Telugu, but has subtitles.One can find both easy and traditional recipes here. Tastes great, I tried several recipes from this channel.

Always try to include some fresh fruit, few almonds/walnuts, few dates with some breakfast. Try to include some easy sprouts salad/veg salad with lunch as well. Easy and healthy.

Note - You can buy ninja chopper for fine chopping onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic and herbs. For cubing tomatoes, cucumbers progressive dice and slicer does a great job, I am using these two gadgets as I don’t spend a lot of time chopping the veggies!

Over the years I had to preheat the oven periodically every few hours for fermenting idli/dosa batter in the oven.Its no more a hassle as I have a 7 in 1 Instant pot for all my needs, I am using it for pressure cooking,rice cooking,boiling eggs,pulavs,idli/dosa fermentation,yogurt making,steaming idlies and for re heating idlies and curries.The inner pot is stainless steel with no coating..so thats healthy.Also the delay cooking feature is very convenient. I took a lot of time to get this one and I am glad I did.Heres a youtube channel with Instant pot Indian recipes if you are interested to know more. Sandhyas Kitchen

3 qt is ideal for 1-2 people,6 qt for small families up to 4 people and has enough space to accommodate idli/dosa fermentation,8 qt is for larger families.You can choose based on your needs.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    GeetaKashyap, Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot @kveena :blush:! Will check the YouTube channel too !

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Nice suggestions for chopping veggies ! Need them badly !Any suggestions for carrots ?? Tats the most difficult for me ! Can I use any of those ?

6. virtualkv2020

Yes ninja chopper is good for grating carrots/fine chopping. Progressive chops into small cubes (just cut the carrots into slices and use the dicer for cubes).

Here are the links
    Ninja Chopper
    Amazon.com: Ninja Express Chop Food Chopper, Grey (NJ110GR): Kitchen & Dining

Nicer Dicer (got this as gift from my mom)
    Amazon.com: Nicer Dicer Smart by Genius | 13 pieces | kiwi | Fruit and vegetable slicer | As seen on TV: Kitchen & Dining

Progressive dice and slice Chopper
    Amazon.com: Prepworks by Progressive Dice and Slice Chopper: Kitchen & Dining

I have all the three and happy using them all.

Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  7. virtualkv2020

When you have time try the udipi sambar for idli/dosa.Tastes exactly like the one we get in Taj Mahal hotel, Hyderabad.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot @kveena . Sorry I just saw your reply !

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Seems like fake profile ! @IL_Admin please look into it.

Sandycandy and Archanaanchan like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha doll wadai ! Take a Barbie , dip her in besan and deep fry :laughing:!

shravs3 likes this.