Demotivating

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sapna56, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I am basically introvert and shy kind of personality. But I do take efforts working on it. So i keep going for lunch with my colleagues. Also try to talk with my colleagues who sit near me. Couple of days I chatted so much that my concentration got diverted and was lagging behind in my work. So i kind of limited conversations with them today.
    Now when i got a time i started to chat with couple of them. But i got a reaction that was annoying and embarasing.
    Colleagues started pointing out that i am so quite, if my husband too is so quite and my son also which was so annoying.They started commenting and asking if everyone in my house is silent like me and is it quite all the time. Also i come here to work first and connections is secondary goal. I don't want to hamper my work in order to chat and make friendships.
    I just got pissed off and don't know whats lacking in me.
    Please let me know your thoughts on this.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Would you spend your precious life wondering what you are lacking and what other people think about you ? Or would you rather accept yourself and focus on your strengths ? If being chatty and friendly takes your focus from work, wouldn’t you rather be quiet ? Remember empty vessels make the loudest sounds !

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

You don't really have to give your time thinking about this. If you are calm person its just your personality. Every personality has its own plus and minus..so just ignore them..but you have to make them realise that you are very happy for what you are...because you have to meet them in everyday and they don't repeat this again

Sapna56, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey OP, your story sounds so similar to mine. I never had much (read any) friends when I initially joined office. I used to be quiet most of the time and people started ignoring me and made fun of me. It did hurt initially but I just let it go. I used my spare time to read and blog. I didn't care if I was invited to a group lunch or not. I didnt give a damn who went out with who!

I excelled in my work and I participated in fun activities that interested me.
    When in those activities, I started chatting with people with similar tastes & thoughts.

Now, 5 years down the lane, I don't have many friends but the one or two I have are my friends for life...keepers.

Sapna56, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.