Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Also remember this? :grinning:

450144E6-A902-4DD4-A644-6289CD72A17D.gif

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

And... He ll be missed.

52B90A3F-FDDA-4AAC-930F-E470CDD4EE56.jpeg

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This one really speaks to me. Lesson learned the hard way.

kaniths likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

He died and made history, well rest of us learn our lessons and live on I figure. Time helps. Only time heals. We recover, we make it through to the other side and, we get to 'see' our real friends who chose to stick together all the way (maybe for evers too!). You tried, that's important. Now move on. :beer-toast1:

9467A5A4-7EA2-4086-8FB6-E00DD07A3353.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    kkrish, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Drink plenty of lukewarm water as soon as you wake up, especially, try to take lukewarm water throughout the day instead of cold water.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati,

Landlord: I thought you were single and was ready to move in despite the presence of a cemetery adjacent to this flat. Now, I understand there is someone occupying your flat.

Ira: I have not invited this ghost but it decided to roam around my apartment just like it often pulled up the elevator to the terrace. I have no control over its occupation of my flat.

Landlord: I am sorry but I have to still charge you more rent for two occupying your flat.

Ira: What part of my statement, you didn't get? I told you I have no choice over a ghost occupying my flat. Perhaps, it is attracted by wonderful fusion suppers (dishes from different regions) I prepare everyday.

Landlord: I don't care what attracted the ghost into the flat. Now, I am paying for more electricity because of the ghost moving the elevator to the terrace besides you giving accommodation for the ghost in your flat.

Ghost: Hey Mister, I have a say in the matter. You better treat this nice lady who treats me with delicious suppers as otherwise, I will be moving in with you.

Landlord: No, please don't. I will reduce my rent into one-half starting next month for Ira.

Ira & Ghost: Hahaha! Poor God-fearing landlord who gave the flat at a decent rent with 24 hour running water is now become ghost-fearing landlord ready to reduce the rent into one-half.

Landlord: (Murmuring) Whether the ghost leaves or not, I need to ensure this single lady vacates soon from the apartment. :(

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hehe! That's a nice plot. We should call it "Into the 24 hours Water".

Few days ago, I read a phantom story titled "Oh whistle, and I'll come to you, my lad" by MR James. In that story, a Professor of Ontography excavates a whistle-shaped metal tube while boarding at a seafront hotel during his golf sojourn. He returns to his room and blows into that funny artifact. Nothing visibly happens. But then, later, he feels the slumber of a phantom being in the adjoining bed on which his clothes are dumped. The next day, he again feels the movements of the invisible phantom on that bed. Then finally, the following day, mustering a scuffle with the incorporeal intruder, the Professor notices the outline of a ghastly figure transpired in the contours of his lifeless clothes.

In flats with 24 hours, ghosts are less likely to snuggle between the huddled and soiled clothes They might luxuriate under a tap with flowing water for a fresh bath after decades of hardened grime. It will be challenging to evict them out of bathrooms than bedrooms.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Gauri03

How do you find the perfect comic/video for every situation? Gen Y sources eh? :D Recently I discovered that I'm part of a microgeneration called the Xennials. People born between 1977 and 1983 or 85 depending on which article you read. We are the bridge between Gen X and Gen Y. We had an analog childhood and a digital late teens and adulthood. We used hotmail like the Gen Xers but we are just as tech savvy as the average millennial.

I've never identified more with an article than this one. :smile: There's a term for people born in the early 80's who don't feel like a millennial or Gen Xer

Now you guess which end of that range I'm closer to. ;)

kaniths likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03 next time I will be careful. Got ur message too. No worries

Gauri03 likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Thank you for understanding. Your clue grid was actually quite amazing! Love the idea!

jskls likes this.