1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Crying A Negative Emotion?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Parry22, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Penelope

Penelope Bronze IL'ite

I too cry when happy, sad, or conflict and sometimes other reason.
    I can tell you it is not weakness, but it is the bodies way of telling you something.

Here is how I deal with tears-
    My spouse is the only one who sees me cry anything but happy tears.
    Do not cry in public unless at funeral or something.
    Even Family can see tears only if the matter is extreme.

With dh I am sure to continue discussion and sometimes ask him to disregard my tears. Other times I let him know I am upset and this helps me to release my difficult emotion and ask him to hold me and comfort me. Sometimes I will excuse myself to the bathroom to take a moment to understand why I am upset and Sheild my dh from being upset by my tears.

Things to be aware of.
    *Menstrual cycle- the week before the first day of period can sometimes bring unessesary tears. These are the times to take time to yourself and try not to make a scene of your tearfulness. **Try not to let your partner know you are crying because PMS or he may think you are overreacting any time you become upset near your start day

*Low blood sugar- for some of us if we have missed a meal or not had proper nutrients it can result in becoming irritable or suseptable to unnecessary tears ( esp. important for vegetarians to eat diverse diet and eat foods which provide good energy source).

* Other hormonal issues
    I found that my vitamin D level was low and this was causing me to feel bad emotionally, when I got my levels back up. So many things improved. Ask your Doctor for test if you think your hormones may be out of balance

* Homesick- I am very close with my family. When we travel I get homesick. It is almost like clockwork on the 14th day away I feel sad and don't even realize at first that homesickness is the cause, but once I make a call and talk for a time with family, I feel completely different and happy again.

Be sensitive to yourself. Our emotions and bodily reactions are important messages to listen to and understand.

Good luck on your personal journey. To finding the balance between effort and ease in each moment.

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Yes i too feel the same. Whenever I cry I feel light and after that I will resume back to my normal self. So its good to cry at times sibe suppressed feelings will burst one day and give more relationship problems.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Parry22,

Tears sometimes help overcome an emotional situation and it is natural to cry. I don't see it as negative. But for a husband, wife crying is an emotional situation too. It gives a feeling that he is the cause for it and sometimes, make him not be himself.

Being a man, I was raised not to cry under any circumstances. But as I got older, when I watch someone suffering in a movie, tears flow out of my eyes automatically without any control.

Viswa

Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

As a person who cries for anything and everything.....I don't think crying is a negative emotion! I feel so much better once I cry. It just shows that you are an emotional person. Nothing wrong in that
    As another person suggested, try telling your husband not to create situations in the house that make you cry...

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. RichAmlan

RichAmlan New IL'ite

I dont think its a negative emotion.i feel relieved after crying

6. Raffaello

Raffaello Silver IL'ite

Negativity always lies in. Our mind and people who tend to spread it thru their deeds and words... Crying is the first emotion we learnt as human, think when a baby is born first she cries if not we think something is really wrong, why when the same baby grows we tend to remark it as negativity . Why soooooo...

You cry because some things you can't express in words so your body tend to show it as tears.. Be it pain or happiness we must show it.. Always cry how much ever you want, at the end of the day if you really feel calm and peace at hear then whoever even if God says don't stop ma....

Ask your husband to check himself from. Spreading negativity to you..

Life is short so experience all emotions never settle...