1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hope26

hope26 Silver IL'ite

Wow...Nice thread....

I watched Dhanak yesterday...its a hindi movie...
    Very good movie tale of brother and sister...all color of emotions and determination...
    Superb acting and direction

2. verdadencho

verdadencho New IL'ite

Hello. I really liked this movie Bent (2018) I advise, the actors are super!

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Watched 'Kashmora' last weekend. Somehow the movie didnt interest me at all all these while, so only picked up last weekend. I am glad I did, the movie is enjoyable, some scenes were ROTFL kinds. The movie found to be dragging in the beginning, but as I like Karthi, I told myself ' it will get better'. Nayanthara was beautiful and did justice to the role. Her makeup and jewels were brilliant.

Santhanam was a real miss in this movie, though the funny one-liners had his touch - I wondered if he wrote them. E.g., The Ghost would have warned Karthi & Co not to leave the palace and shut all the doors. The crew remain locked inside, but when SriDivya comes in and says one of the doors were open, they would run to escape through the door only to be caught by the ghost again. On questioning, Karthi would say, ' Illanga.... Kadhavu thirandhu irundhadhunu sonnaangaa.... Kosu vandhudumennu mooda ponen... ' :):).. This is so Santhanam!! Really miss him..

Translation :- I heard the door was opened, we went to shut the door so the mosquitoes wont come in.

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Ranchu, yes, I would pick Nayan over Keerthi anyday. I am not big fan of both of them, But I should say at least Nayan performed in the past that has proven her acting talent, and she is in the industry for so long, so I think she deserves to play the role of Savithri. Keerthi on the other hand, hasnt done any notable projects, so I feel this role is in wrong hands.
    If Nayan and Anushka are the 2 choices, definitely Anushka will best Nayan and everybody else.

Sofea likes this.
  6. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

I watched 'What happened to thursday' this movie has been release last year. Plot is very different. To say in short there are 7 siblings and they are named after the days of the week. One sibling gets lost and others go in search of her and what happens to the rest of the siblings and did they get to find the one who is lost is how the story moves on..It was very interesting. In enjoyed watching it. I would give it a rating of 8/10.

ILoveTulips likes this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Aaha! Thank you ILT! :banana::banana::banana:Yengga Thangga Thaarigai Nayanthara-ku innoru support kidaitthu vittadhu! (you just gave your golden support to our golden queen Nayan):cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Keerthi Suresh, gosh I don't know where to begin my complaints on her...that annoying voice and facial expressions:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

ILoveTulips likes this.
  8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

watched SavaraKathi.. very different movie like quentin tarantino ones..
    Black humor , not laugh out loud slapstick comedy. It was different and funny on its own way

both directors have acted very well. No overaction , just enough raw reaction.
    Poorna has excelled in her role as a deaf wife. It was a good screenplay overall with an eccentric villain and a crazy hero.

ILoveTulips likes this.
  9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Masterpiece (malayalam) very boring. Mammotty`s fighting scenes shows his age explicitly. Thinking why I watched it.:BangHead:

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Tuls, I watched this film yesterday after your tempting review. Found it to be enjoyable! Of course, many parts could have been taken in a better way but overall, it was funny and enjoyable! Karthi is good for this kind of roles, his comic timing is pretty good and he seems to be a natural in it. I also liked the fact that there were no love tracks in this film. Knowing Tamil directors, i was half expecting that both Karthi and Sri Divya would fall in love in that haunted palace. Thank God no such absurdity happened.

Vivek looked really aged, uninterested and mismatched throughout the film. Perhaps someone like Thambi Ramaiah would have been better for such roles.

Nayanthara looked really beautiful in the short time she was there. Couldn't stop admiring her in the Oyaa Oyaa song.

ILoveTulips likes this.