1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That is very inspiring! I haven't found my meal prep mojo yet but definitely eating a lot better than the past couple of months. You've motivated me to make time this weekend to prep ahead.

@ashima10 Good to see you back! Happy (belated?) first birthday to Ira!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    mangaii and sravanitenali like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Update for Mar 5-11: 80K steps and 3 runs totaling ~8 miles.

run.png

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning from the East Coast.
    My past week's numbers:
    Untitled.png

SunPa, Gauri03, ashima10 and 4 others like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

We as a family do this race every year. None of us were prepared for the race this year. This one race is not liked by many in our town, mostly because of the dreaded hills, bad weather (the time of the year), and zero crowd support and the race is - go one way and come back the same way meaning that every hill you conquered is going to come back biting on your return journey.

My longest run for the season was a six miler last weekend and I was signed up for 9! Good things were - the weather wasn't bad at all, in fact a little too warm for my liking and two on the last hill, met a 70 year old man who wouldn't stop making jokes. Rest of the bad things stayed put!

So here I am grinning and reporting on completing the 9 miles at 13.38 pace. Phew!

And then we knew one of us had to accompany my DD who had signed up for a 5k and yours truly was 'voluntold' to do that - DH had done a half and DS a race after an injury and not willing to take chances. So there I was walking down the 5k, same route, same hills only this time thankful that it was a turn around race. My DD of course was not willing to walk with me and so I let her take off and joined her when I spotted her on the turn around, adding easily another 2 1/2 miles more to my day. My pacer now as I type says 33,447 steps :biggrin:

Not at all looking forward to climbing up and down those stairs at school tomorrow....will get to it tomorrow!

Gauri03, ashima10, mangaii and 3 others like this.
  5. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Awesome @Srama way to go!!!
    Good work @kkrish

My last week progress was notable with combo of LS and Fitness blender total body workouts. My Saturday was unexpectedly over productive as I planned for 30mins Zumba followed by 1 hr body pump, and my body pump instructor came back after her 3 weeks vacation with intense energy and changed the tracks with additional reps, at the end of the class we were told that we did 1300 reps in 60mins phew!!! and me and my gym buddy crawled to the car and ofcourse the after effects were experienced on Sunday.

btw, Belated Happy Ugadi/Yugadi/Gudi Padwa to all!!! we had great festival with all food coma (including puran poli and mango pulihora)...

Have a great week everyone!!!

Thanks
    Sravani

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

After a long time, worked out today. :)

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Money/we'd/Fri 45 mins spinning each day :)

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning
    My fit-bit had not synced since Friday.
    Untitled.png
    My average steps for the week is 11K.

ashima10, SunPa, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I took a break from work out for a week . I have been watching what I eat so no weight gain. Hoping to loose a pound before end of March.

Gauri03, Srama and kkrish like this.
  10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Gauri03, kaniths and Srama like this.