1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fourth Dimension

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Physicists have concluded at least theoretically, that there could be higher dimensions, besides our normal three dimensions called length, width and height. The first clue came in 1905 when Einstein developed his theory of special relativity. The fourth dimension is considered space-time. But here, physicists mean a spatial dimension beyond the normal three, not a parallel universe as projected in sci-fi movies. If there are other dimension somewhere out there in the universe, is it possible for humans to travel to a place which include them? Scientists aren’t so sure whether humans could experience them. Our brains may have limitations to go beyond three dimensions. Mathematically it is possible to describe the 4th dimension but humans may never experience it in the physical realm, is the conclusion of the scientists. But the existence of higher dimensions is not disputed by the scientists.

The learned sages and saints were aware of the doctrine of the fourth dimension proclaimed by modern physics. But they found it hard to describe the fourth dimension for a common man to understand. The human mind is tuned to think a certain way including bodies have measurable mass and weight, and the gravitation force pulls everything uniformly applying the same law. This can be called universal attitude of mind and there are no conceivable objects without these three dimensions for human eyes.

A little patience and analysis of implications and possibilities will open-up another avenue of perception and a new vista of unknown facts will be revealed before human eyes. There is such a thing as thinking without space and knowing without objects. Three-dimensional thinking is the cause for us to determine there exist an object in our perception and there is space between the subject and object. According to the experienced sages and saints of ancient religions, it is possible for human beings to transcend time, space and dimensions with enhanced meditational techniques. A physically non-existing holographic dimension transcends the dimensions experienced by our senses and mind. In that fourth dimension, the entire universe is filled with the same energy breaking the barriers of three-dimensional mind.

According to these learned sages and saints of ancient religions, the human mind experiences waking, dreaming and deep-sleep state. In the waking state, our mind perceives all the objects in three dimensions and experiences time and space. In the dreaming state, the time and space collapse but the mind still sees three dimensional objects. The human mind can travel to the past, present and future freely within a few minutes in one dream. In deep-sleep state, the mind neither recognizes dimensions nor time and space. The entire world ceases to exist with an exception of an alert for an eminent danger. The psychology of this fourth dimension is supernormal (not perceivable by human mind), for it does not apply to human in his ordinary condition of wakefulness to a world of objects. Truth has no objects outside it. When the mind of human begins to think objectless, thought coalesces with being, Chit becomes Sat, and consciousness is existence. This is the Sadhana for the experience of Truth. This is the meditation towards the realization of the Absolute. The moment thought switches itself on to that order of experience where it is enabled to fuse objectivity into the subject of its consciousness, the bubble bursts and light seems to flash forth from every atom of space. The world seems to be flooded with suns glowing with incandescent orbs, and ignorance and limitation of every kind vanish once and for all. The logic of this state, the ethics of this consciousness, or the mathematics of this awakening is the answer to the riddle of the problems posed by the possibilities indicated by the relativity-mathematics and hinted at in the Mahabharata and Yoga Vasistha. This is the fourth state that is called “Turya” or simply “the Fourth”.

The depths of this discovery in consciousness cannot become clear to one who does not endeavor to live it in a state of adjustment of thought as demanded in the meditation prescribed, wherein objects and subjects cast off their masks and dance round the nucleus of Truth, like the Rasa dance described in the Srimad Bhagavata. Everything gets mirrored in everything else, and everything is everywhere. There is neither cause nor effect, for everything is both a cause and an effect. There is neither subject nor object, for everything becomes resplendent with omniscience in the blending of infinity and eternity. The eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad Gita tries to describe this apotheosis of consciousness, in a language of poetry and image, for it cannot be portrayed in any other way. Here the goal of life is reached, and here human's questions are answered forever. Is there a logic to this state of mind? Can it be described in a mathematical formula? Can Quantum Physicists prove this in a controlled setting in a laboratory? As of now, it is only experienced but not proved for the common mind to understand. May be that is why joining the mission to serve each other, experiencing that oneness in physical form, thinking without space and knowing without object is important to experience unexplained dimension that exists.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow Viswa! I always marvel at your ability to not only comprehend such complex subjects but the ease with which you present it so succinctly. I have been trying to understand this for a while now, but the furthest I can get is to try and imagine yet another space / parallel universe in an objectified manner. Maybe it will take another lifetime, another space for me to start comprehending such concepts.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Viswa.

Something unrelated from me as usual - just a casual thought - brahma has 4 heads, a 4d probably. the reason he had 4 was obviously for a different reason and infact he did have a fifth one which was severed by siva. a strange and unrelated comparison, do excuse me.

did see a video which claimed a 7d view in a tv relay, didn't research to know more, though.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    You have dealt with the fourth dimension very beautifully. I had to make three or four readings before I could capture the essence.Turiya, the so-called fourth state of consciousness, is an experience without a thought describing it; but awareness is yet still present.
    Definitely it is a great bliss without boundaries.
    Some months back I happened to read a book titled'Vedantha' ( I think -one of Ramakrishna Mutt publications.)

Taken for granted that there is only one Supreme Consciousness and all of us are entities of the same ultimate.If one of us experiences the transcendence,it should happen to the rest.Why this is not the case?Does it mean that the Supreme is divisive somewhere in some baser level ?

Taking a classic example,
    Srirangam is an island.People living in northern part of Srirangam would take bath in Kollidam, and people living in the southern part will take bath in Kaveri.In fact it is the same river separated by the island Srirangam. Only a person looking from above can understand that it is the same water just separated into two.For persons taking bath they are two different entities.

Now, when a person wakes up to the fourth state, the pure state of consciousness, this attainment is not an attainment for that particular person; the fourth state is attained only when the individuality is destroyed; so we cannot say that the fourth state is attained by this or that particular individual because the fourth state is not really anyone’s possession but is the ground of everyone’s empirical experience.

In other words, we are all in the fourth state, simply because there are no other state other than the fourth (the other three states being only the faces or possibilities of this fourth state. So, we never leave the fourth state, and in the fourth state there are not individuals but only the supreme consciousness.

So we are always already in the enlightened state; we have never lost it; it is only a case of forgetfulness. So when one person attains to that fourth state he only remembers it or becomes aware that he/she has been in that state always, but not as an individual, only as that supreme and impersonal consciousness. That is why this attainment by one person doesn’t awaken others,.

On many occasions we are seeing an object with our eyes;but are really absorbed in something else.We are not aware of the object we see.
    Turiya is somewhat similar. The fourth state is just in front of us, if it were, and we are all looking at it, i.e. in that state; but consciousness is preoccupied with other world phenomenae . In other words Turiya is already existing and is just infront of us. .Attaining Turiya is like “coming to your Self,” letting go of that imagination which we call the world; in that moment we suddenly realize the truth has been in front of us all along.

It means that there is nothing to attain.We have attained but we don't realise.
    This concept is the essence of Advaitha Siddhantha, very difficult to understand and appreciate ,leave alone assimilate.

If I start talking something like this about Turiya, people may say that I have reached a stage of sublimation or deification.The probability of considering me as an incarnation of some Shakthi or Kali cannot be ruled out.
    . In due course I may become a psychological wreck! Or I may become
    megalomaniac

A big Good Bye to Turiya,the 4th dimension. I am very much satisfied with the three dimensional world with all its negatives.

A mama in our village , who remained single, used to talk on many subjects in Vedantha. When others told that we should get sathgathi, he always said,'athu thaan namma kitte erkenave irukke"( We already have got it)

After 76 years I am able to understand what he really said.

Many many thanks Viswa for the wonderful article which I would preserve life long.

Jayasala 42

girvani and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Satchi,

It is nothing but old wine in a new attractive bottle for the new generation. The confirmation of science that there is another dimension and comparing that with the ancient saints and sages' words of wisdom is probably the new way of presenting some of the right living solutions to the new generation. In simple terms, all three instruments we possess namely body, mind and intellect ("BMI") are only capable of perceiving three dimensions. There is a fourth dimension that is not limited by time and space and in order to comprehend that, we need to enter into a new territory of no barriers where everything is one powered by the same energy. Some call it as "Over Mind" comprehending the consciousness that is formless.

Viswa

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear GG,

Haha. You always bring unique perspective to everything I write here. Now, I am imagining how Brahma if he is driving a car, doesn't have to look over his shoulder to see the passing cars. :)

It is my understanding that his four heads indicate four directions and four of these heads are constantly chanting four Vedas. If you hear scolding from your wife for not finishing something she asked you to finish, please tune into one of these Vedas depending on which direction you are facing. :)

Viswa

GoogleGlass likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I know how knowledgeable you are to assimilate what I scribble here in a trice. Thank you for sharing the insight that we are already in the fourth dimension to see the unity of all and the only consciousness. Sathya Sai Baba said, "we are all part of a divine being having human experience and not human beings having a divine experience" in one of his discourses.

One of the Ramakrishna's disciple said, "Those who say they know it, they don't know it and those who say they don't know it, know it". I never understand this statement for years until one day it struck me that the state of consciousness is getting to a place where there is nothing to know. If we know it, it means we are knowing it from another state of mind.

Your Kaveri Vs Kollidam analogy is excellent. The name may be different but the river is the same. The mama who talked about Vedanta was full of wisdom to realize what existed already. Journey begins from the fourth dimension to fourth dimension thanks to the grip of Maya that our mind experiences.

Viswa

8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa uncle

This article blew me away. I cannot comprehend the fourth dimension as my knowledge is not up to that market yet. It might need to take many lifetimes. I am in awe how you study various topics from spirituality, science to day to day matters and then write in a way that you make others want to learn about it too. Thank you, uncle. I will treasure your snippets.
    Warm regards,
    Vani

9. Viswamitra

My Dear Vani,

Thank you for responding to this snippet of mine. Did you read what Smt. Jayasala said in her response? We are all in fourth dimensions and it is our forgetfulness that makes us not realize it. I am humbled by your comment. When one has an interest, one ends up reading a lot. I am so happy that you are ready to make that journey to experience it. The inclination is what matters.

Viswa

girvani likes this.