No Periods Since 3 Months !!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happymom2013, Mar 12, 2018.

1. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am 31 years old. I used to have slightly irregular periods since my puberty. We started trying for our baby since last Jan. Since then, my periods became very irregular.

My thyroid levels are normal. But i was diagonised with bilateral cysts in both the ovaries in last november. Then i started taking ayurvedic medicines. Still my periods was irregular. But it was like 45 days, 50 days. Now when i did scan on Feb1(that was my 60th day. No periods), my ovaries were normal. Endometrial thickness was correct. But still i did not get periods.

Doctor suggested to take Meprate for 5 days in the moring and evening. It's been 5 days since i have completed the tablets. But still no periods yet. Its's my 98th day since i had my last period.

I am so worried. Is there someone who experienced no periods for such a long time.

2. daksh

daksh Silver IL'ite

Did the doctor tell you to come back for a follow-up? Ask the doctor and go for a follow-up. In the long term, try being physically more active, exercising regularly that definitely helps. Even if you are slightly overweight, try losing weight, that will help regularize your periods. Eat healthy iron rich foods. It will take time, but with effort, you can overcome this, be persistent, Good Luck!

happymom2013 likes this.
  3. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I too ahve been diagnosed with a cyst in my left ovary. I was asked to take maxogest for 5 days. Completed the course 2 days back. No period yet. Very worried about this. Any suggestions?

4. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

You could wait for another 3-4 days to see if you get your periods and if not consult your gynecologist.
    In the long run, it's better to induce periods with progesterone tablets esp when you are ttc. One thing, it will make the cycles regular, so that u will have more cycles for ttc. Second thing, it prevents unopposed estrogen action on your uterus, which is not good in the long run.
    Sometimes stress can also delay your cycles.
    Have a detailed discussion with your gynecologist.

happymom2013 likes this.
  5. happymom2013

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I got my periods today. As suggested by @daksh I think being more active physically will definitely help. I was kind of more sedentary these days. But for the past 3 days I was consciously taking more steps. Continuous walking for 30 to 45 mins.

This is the first time in my life I had taken tablets for inducing periods. So I was kind of more tensed.

Doctor has suggested me to take a hormone test tomorrow.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good that you got your periods back. Many women stop bothering about their bmi. Weight gain is the main cause for many troubles. At all ages keep a watch at your weight.

All the best to your blood test.

7. happymom2013

Thank you so much @Vasumathy mam. The reports came yesterday. My lh and FSH levels are high. Thyroid is normal. Insufficient vitamin D . Very high dhea.