1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lady In My Apartments

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SRK123, Mar 9, 2018.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I've never heard of that. No one has ever shared any referral bonuses with me and I would think it's pretty crass for anyone to ask for a share. Unless people are already close and have agreed to share the referral bonus, it belongs to the OP. Afterall, it is OP who searched and selected the daycare. Plus, it was the other woman who was behind on returning money about the cab not OP.

SRK123, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

OP is presenting her side of story. I'm sure the other women has different story to tell. If I was not aware of referral bonus and I'm scared other parent would ask me more help from me I would give the money to them. It makes life easier. No women would dare walk into someone house and call that person as stupid unless she feels she has been wronged somewhere. I still feel there is more to this preschool joining and getting out than what OP presents here. Doesn't preschool have minimum period before you can withdraw ? Either you maintain friendship or don't share anything. Instead OP wants some benefits and then cut her off .

peartree likes this.
  3. mangaii

Just read the highlighted part . Looks like you never had any good opinion about her. Why would you refer her name for preschool if you feel so much negative about her ?

4. mangaii

OP in your own words specimens like her will exist in every apartment . So please think before applying this advice.

5. BhumiBabe

@SRK123 - What happened during the referral process that could have suggested that you took advantage of her? Did you provide them with her name, or did she say that you referred her to the place (this is what I've typically seen)? If she mentioned your name, without YOU telling her to mention your name, I think you are in the clear. If you encouraged her to mention you, then I can see how this lady might have expected something back from you - deserving or not.

SRK123 likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

In between all this she joined her daughter after two months because its getting difficult for her to handle her at home.. i got some referral benefit into my childs account for referring her at school.. she thought i referred the preschool to her because of this money.. which is not true..i honestly didnt know this benefit exists.. i never once asked her to join the school, i was being very cautious here - i told her that i liked the school for my son and then she wanted to join , i never even followed up to know if she is joining ? she always thought that i am very sensible person and i can take right decisions for my kids etc.. i never claimed that though..
    just read this. op never referred her to the school

Sandycandy, sindmani and SRK123 like this.
  7. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi, nothing actually happened.. i didnt ask her to mention my name, she actually wanted my help with the admission process and i helped her, so the school automatically knows that i referred her, and gave me benefit - it was a tiny amount by the way, honestly didnt know about it before..

she had more problem with me shifting from the preschool, as she was expecting my help with the drop and pick..
    hope im clear now..

Sunshine04 and sindmani like this.
  8. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

thank you for understanding sunshine

sindmani likes this.
  9. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

i told u that she has never been a great friend(i still respected her), not that i held some bad opinions on her.. I suggest you to read the thread properly, before posting. Also, if you could respond to my post as it is, it will be appreciated, rather than making assumptions and passing judgements and playing cid..

guesshoo likes this.
  10. BhumiBabe

That's what I thought. I'm always surprised to hear stories like this, but there are definitely people who feel entitled to receive help from a neighbor.

Overall, it's a lesson learned: avoid people who try to read more from friendships.

Sandycandy and sindmani like this.