1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Spinning yeserday for 1/2 hour. thanks to motivation here, I knew I had only half hour (morning rush and logistics problems), yet decided to go anyways and log in.

Thank you ladies for the motivation. Was supposed to run today but with incessant rain, not very positive. Nope, I peeped out again, can't do at all.... :( Toby refuses to go out but then he is chicken. He would rather hold than get wet.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

This walking on the trail didn't work out for me. I joined a gym.:)

mangaii, Gauri03, SunPa and 6 others like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've been meaning to post here for a while, even have the text composing in mind as the calories burnt increase in exercise, but keep forgetting or distracted by other threads. Have been regular with exercise for two months plus now. The longest in a long time.

LOL. I was grinning from ear to ear to think that I could inspire anybody to any thing related to exercise! Paati at 6mph : ) : )

Among the little achievements:
    Synced fitbit with myfitnesspal.
    Read old threads here and on the web and understood that only exercise won't cause weight loss.
    Managed 10K steps 90% of the days in Feb.
    25-30 min intensive exercise on the treadmill almost everyday.

For the 10K steps, the biggest inspiration were the Suprabhatam posts by kkrish. : ) I almost started to post a "Good evening from Rihana-land" : ) I still have to read more about the benefits of 10K steps, but as an achievable daily milestone, it is a very satisfying feeling to meet it. I was a bit unwilling to reach the goal by squeezing in steps here and there (like kkrish suggested). It somehow just goes against the grain for me to do that. I almost resent it. But, gotta do what's gotta be done. Told the monkey in the mind to stop it already with the excuses and comments. Long story short -- last night I logged the last 600 steps in pajamas and "home use" flip flops, on the treadmill. Listening to Riya's Retro - Sridevi special. Family quite surprised to see me exercise so late at night.

Been logging calories quite religiously, watching what I eat, drinking enough water, and now hunger pangs do not bother as much, but have seen zero weight loss after two months. Have to better understand the intake, burnt, etc calories fundas.

Now when I go for my next annual checkup, I won't be fudging the facts when I fill out the 'exercise' part of the questionnaire. : )

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Last night the PD was walking up and down and round and round for a good 15 mins. Funny!
    I told him “sweetie, the scotch you had a while ago cannot be burnt like this.” He threw in 10-15 mins more of the walking around for good measure after my comment.
    Oh and yesterday, we were out on a lunch date. He suddenly let go of my hand and asked me to take the escalator while he climbed up the steps. It took me a minute to realize his Fitbit obsession! I held on even more tightly to his hand and asked him to “spend time” with me and not the Fitbit. Fitbit Sauten banne waali hai, main Kya karu!!!

ashima10, mangaii, kaniths and 5 others like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

I went MIA for week because of work. But i did clock 10,000 + steps everyday for the week. Been doing some simple yoga also. want to be able to regularly update and read all your posts also.

mangaii, Gauri03, SunPa and 3 others like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Actually, it is not "my" suggestion. This is what is recommended in the fitness world. The idea is to be active/keep moving throughout versus doing a straight one-two hour workout and sitting the rest of the day. Sitting for more than an hour is not good for health; I devised this plan so that I move at least five minutes every hour in my sit-down job.
    If at home, I get my steps doing housework in addition to the treadmill/elliptical for the rest of the steps.

Staying active throughout the day is the goal that we can achieve by counting steps.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Done with 45 mins spin at least...no run so far, hopefully the rain will let out by tomorrow for a quick run.

mangaii, AkilaMani, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good Sunday morning from the Western shores of the Atlantic Ocean

My average the past week - 11,071

fitbit.png

9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Very true especially for those of us who have a desk bound job. It is very essential to get off the butt . My personal experience 1 hr of intense zumba doesnt undo 6-8 hrs of sitting at the desk.

I asked my TCM doc what is the best posture for sitting at the desk. She warned me - there is no one posture that is good enough to sit in for more than 20 - 30 mins . You have to keep moving and changing posture.

Bless my boss who ordered cool standing desks for the whole team this Jan. It can be pretty irritating when your desk nags you to stand every hour but it is definitely making a big difference. When I stand and work , I change posture every 5-10 mins naturally.

@Laks09 , he can walk up the escalator :)
    I take the "metro" to work,I have two options- one direct and one with a train change - both take the same time. I take the second option because it involves more walk and I hit 7 escalators - and I get to climb 100- 120 steps a day.

10. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Update for the week.
    Could cycle only on 2 *12 km

a2.png