1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eating And Reading

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Feb 24, 2018.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao::facepalm::facepalm:

Amica and jskls like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I am sure you would have given other incredible moments:thumbup:

Amica and kaniths like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey JSKLS,

What a hilarious saga. The psychology of story-telling while eating. Now authors must keep children's psychology in mind while writing stories for them. :)

You certainly are one successful mother. Your kids not only learned to eat, but to cook whatever they wanted to eat. What more can you ask for?

Congratulations on being nominated.

Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @satchitananda for taking time to read this and respond. Yes children’s authors should keep in mind all the negative impact it can cause on young minds. Raising kids is like growing a garden too. Just plant the seeds provide the right environment and then wait patiently. Never know how they will surprise us.
    Thanks again

5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Really enjoyed reading this ! What struggles every mother goes through ! ..but entirely worth it no doubt . They leave so many wonderful memories to be treasured .

Loved the spoon dint work, fork dint work excuses :)

jskls likes this.
  6. GANDG

GANDG Senior IL'ite

Only mothers can understand this constant struggle. This brought back memories of the initial struggles with my kids. wonderful writing.

kaniths, shyamala1234 and jskls like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Lakshmi for the award. So beautifully written by a beautiful person. Eating and Reading is the effort put in by every mother.

Now at this age I ask myself whether I was successful in these two areas. At least in studies I had put great effort
    .Being a working mom it was not do easy,on exam days when they were in primary had to go late to office

Since there was only one year nine months difference between my 3 children had to struggle .

I think present mothers are successful in this and know the knack of making them eat and read

jskls likes this.
  8. RashmiVarun

RashmiVarun New IL'ite

Very Beautiful Written and Expressed
    Yes if the food is loved by kid then Mom will assure herself with relief that there is no left over. What a great relief !!
    Whenever i start cook in morning, i looked up into refrigerator and then different options as per food taste of my both son ...starts over running. Its very tough decision to start with one option and i will always wait to hear from my son ...Mummy ..I loved this. You please cook the same way next time. :) At this point i feel , i am successful today :thumbsup:.

jskls likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Lakshmi, @jskls,

I really thought I had responded to this lovely snippet of yours. Obviously I have, only in my head. As I cane to the part where she shared picture, I was about to say she was interested more in cooking than eating. She has paid more attention to it and there you go, you mentioned it. My DD who is a poor eater is an amazing cook especially when it comes to baking only in my case, she has observed me cook and then decided that I such a poor cook (I truly am!) that she decided I needed help.

Okay, here's what happened first I thought I had replied, then started typing at work, somehow the phone said lost connection, decided to come and write, a surprise was waiting, forgot about IL. Logged in in the morning to hear that your post had won! Congratulations but wanted to explain to you what happened - so my friend Hearty congratulations, enjoyed reading the snippet.

jskls likes this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @SCSusila for your nice response. what you say is so true. Wonderful memories are the ones we create for both the mom and the child. You have no idea how many cutleries the kid lost in this spoon / fork not working business :)

SCSusila likes this.