1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Geethmuru

Geethmuru New IL'ite

Hi friends, I love reading books... last two years I can't spend much time for reading because of some personal reasons...now I want to catch up and I hope Indusladies will be a great platform for me... Thanks...

2. Thirumurugan

Thirumurugan New IL'ite

Hi I am new to IL
    I read novels like History, fiction and other types.
    thanks

3. GANDG

GANDG Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Though I joined IL long back, this is my first post. I am an ardent reader of all genre of books. Have written one also. I am sure I will enjoy the elite company here. Thanks.

4. shankarishakthi

shankarishakthi New IL'ite

Hai

I am a great lover of reading Muthulakshmi ragavan novels. If anyone has her novels please do share the link.

5. libran

libran Junior IL'ite

I like love stories / romantic genre a lot. Please suggest some best books to start with

6. Imani

Imani New IL'ite

I like to read fiction especially romantic books. I like contemporary & historical romance novels. I like paranormal romance and magic but often the sub-genre is too violent for me. I prefer books to have internal conflict, differences between the hero/heroine/ their families, miscommunication/ misunderstandings, challenge that has to be overcome, etc. I do not really like to have the characters in mortal danger - that's too much action and suspense for me. During 2019, I have been reading a lot of books. I wish I could more easily find books I would love instead, but I have not found a good way to pre-screen books and increase my chances. I really like Nalini Singh's books, so I look forward to her new ones. I liked her latest book in the Hard Play series, so I may have to go back and read the earlier books. In spite of the series being more violent than I usually prefer, I really like her Psy-Changeling series. They are just that good that I am finding them irresistible. I could not get into her Archangel series.

I agree with Saagini about novels with good lovable endings though sadly I do not read Tamil.

Libran - what type of romances do you usually like? What language do you prefer to read?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Aravindkathir likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This quote caught me interested to dwell deep and I read one of her posts about her eerie exp during a Friday evening sandstorm mistaking it for fire in her building. Worth reading that thread where I had posted my FB.
    Subbu had written beautiful serial for Ananda vikatan- am lover of his stories.
    Late Thespian Padmasri Sivaji with late Padmini acted in tamil movie thillana mohanambal - story written by late subbu.
    Thanks for nostalgia.