1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mindfuless & Synchronicity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03,

I am very familiar with Vipassana. A friend of mine who went to the camp described all about it and motivated me to attend one for 10 days. He used to come to our spiritual center every other month. He asked me not to take his word for it and asked me to read the book "Art of living" which was available to be downloaded for free. I read the entire book and it was very impressive. For some strange reason, he asked me to take the camp in India. He told me about the healing power it had on him after he met with a major car accident to bring back flexibility.

I like to go to a Goenka Center someday to attend the camp. With both businesses flourishing and my son on the verge of finishing Ph.D., leaving for a camp for mindfulness is beyond my reach at this point.

Please do share more about the camp in the meditation thread and someday I will make up my mind to attend it. If you have not done already, I would strongly recommend you to read the series of books on Vipassana.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

I have been meaning to respond to this post but I refrained not knowing how. Mindfulness can bring such clear perception that at least personally for me, can be some times mind boggling. I am not sure how to phrase this it awareness as in a sthithaprajna..... I think, being aware, not associating emotions and continuing to work with the belief that all will be well (that we are here for a higher purpose) will take years if not life times. This all will be well or everything that happens is a for a reason is something that I ponder about, often. It is like death you know, we all know it is inevitable yet find it hard to accept and we all know that everything will turn out for our own benefit whether we understand or not, yet it is hard to accept right away.

What Swami Vivekananda speaks about (that I have high lighted) is what I see in me and others often, as in synchronicity that you speak of and the one that I feel as mind boggling. I know a couple of meditators who have perceived such depths in their own personality that it is fascinating for me to hear from them. You are right, we are work in progress and being aware of not only our surroundings and learning to live in the moment, we have to continue to work on our selves....constantly.

jskls and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

I am very very happy to received your response. Your response is invaluable. You are definitely a living example of being aware most of the time when compared to me. I can't speak for others. I agree that we are all work in progress given another opportunity to make it right through this life.

Roughly, the English translation of Sthithaprajna is "constant integrated awareness". Sometimes, the equanimity to handle pleasure and pain equally and other times it is living a desire-less and detached life.

When I reviewed the qualities of Sthithaprajna, the following came up:
    • is always at peace, not shaken by any disturbances in events or situations
    • is free, detached from any outcomes
    • is wise, but doesn’t tout her wisdom
    • is ego-less in all her actions
    • is balanced, not swayed by the opposites of good or evil, pain or pleasure, happiness or sorrow
    • is steady, firmly grounded in the wisdom of her inner self
    • is one with the universe, without resistance against life
    • is not bound by religion, nation, scriptures – only her inner wisdom
    • is supportive of the goodness and wellness of the world and all its life
    • is present fully and always
    • is conscious, awakened, enlightened
    I am conducting a workshop on "Spiritual Awakening Initiative" and one of the points I was driving at was "Spiritual Awakening is like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon through a painful transformation process and once such inner transformation leads us to a higher level of consciousness, we derive inner peace."

Conducting such workshops whether it is helpful for others are not, it is very helpful to me as I learn a lot to put into practice in my real life.

In order to prepare for this workshop, I studied the symptoms of higher consciousness and I came up with this laundry list:

•Intensified Perception
    •Increased Presentness/Timelessness
    •Awareness of Presence of an All-Pervading Spiritual Energy
    •Aliveness, Harmony & Connectedness
    •Inner Quietness
    •Transcendence from Separation to Sense of Connection
    •Empathy & Compassion
    •Well-Being
    •Absence (or Decreased) Fear of Death
    •Lack of Group Identity
    •Wide Perspective & A Universal Outlook
    •Heightened Sense of Morality
    •Appreciation & Curiosity
    •Altruism and Engagement
    •Enjoyment of Inactivity – The Ability to “Be”
    •Beyond Accumulation and Attachment/Nonmaterialism
    •Autonomy
    •Enhanced, More Authentic Relationships

When I studied the effect of spiritual awakening or staying aware, I came up with the following:

•Stress Free Existence
    •Healing of Body, Mind & Spirit
    •Meaningful Life
    •Inner Peace
    •Always Blissful
    •Unconditional Love
    •Oneness of all
    •Transformation from Mind to Consciousness

It is my understanding Synchronicity experiences become familiar once a person remains constantly aware getting a vision of super consciousness. It surprises us if we are a person but it doesn't anymore if we are Satchitananda.

Viswa

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

That is such a fabulous response. First things first though. I do believe you are way too generous in your appreciation for me. Thank you, it helps me to remind me to be all that! I found it interesting how in the description you have provided for Sthithaprajna, it is a she! Jokes apart, I do think we all try to be human most of the time in our pursuits of everyday life as well as in our pursuits of meditation or mindfulness. I believe we are constantly trying to make sense of our world here on this earth.

This workshop you are conducting seems fascinating. You are right it is only in those teaching moments that we learn the best and I have no doubt your workshop will be beneficial as much to others as you think it will be to you. Best wishes.

I often wonder about perception here .....the painful transformation that we seem to perceive, is it seen that way by the transforming butterfly at all? Perhaps that emerging butterfly understands the transformation and may not feel painful at all or may feel the pain and only in retrospect (like most of us) realize that it was for it's own good. Fascinating no? Is the caterpillar like that cloud going some place not knowing where while the sky knows? You know Richard Bach says, what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls it a butterfly! Can you see why I am constantly obsessed with what he has written, especially in Illusions?

This list you provide is very interesting. In your original post when you speak of synchronicity, the intensfied perception is what I was alluding to and the increased sense of presentness can give you that intense perception that sometimes I feel one needs tools to handle that even o_O I know I may not be making sense at all!! I wonder if spiritual awakening happens first and then we can look back at the list and say oh yeah, I do/don't feel all that in the list. I think it works both ways ....have a list work on it or if you have been fortunate enough to have had an awakening without realizing, what more to ask for?

Just yesterday I had a conversation with a friend who teaches compassion meditation and while she believes that we learn to be compassionate to ourselves by learning to be compassionate to others firs, my own personal experience has been that it is easier to be compassionate about people in our lives and their problems and still end up being harsh on ourselves. We are only talking of small circle of people here. Imagine extending that sphere to the whole universe. I know you are talking about that. I just wanted to share because I believe these kind of discussions are mutually beneficial especially if we are in the world of teaching and learning.

You know, I have to be honest I really liked your (this) response and enjoyed it more than the original snippet itself. It gives clarity and helps one understand better. Thank you for that.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

It happens naturally to the caterpillar at an opportune time to become a butterfly just like a human reaching awareness when she is ready. In retrospect, nothing is painful for making progress. Who can say what Caterpillar went through to become a Butterfly? It is an example everyone is giving and therefore I perceive it as a painful process. When it feels liberated from the cocoon, it might not even think about the past life as a caterpillar.

Power of Consciousness is huge and even if it improves by a small quotient, it would have substantial impact in the world. The circle of influence for each person is larger than they think and they impact more people than think they could. Eventually, the love begets love and when we receive and soak in it, we will no longer be harsh on us. The whole world will be a connected world not by thoughts but by heart filled with compassion.

Creating an international society of selfless, highly-conscious, love-filled society should be the goal. Everyone must make sincere effort to achieve that level of consciousness.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Nice to know this sir.

Viswamitra likes this.