1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tips To Clean Modular Kitchen Cupboards

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by NanditaSri, Feb 22, 2018.

1. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

My kitchen cupboards made of laminated wood have been in use for over 3 years now. The outer cupboard doors & shelves are heavily stained with oil & grease especially those close to the stove. Please share tips to clean such tough stains

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I used to clean the laminated surfaces once a week or maximum at a gap of 10 days. I continue to use dish washing liquid with a scotch brite scrubber( the green ones) , so they dont scratch the surface and gives a perfect clean finish. After scrubbing with liquid, again wipe clean with cloth dipped in clear water.
    For heavily stained surfaces, you can try a mixture of white vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda. Make sure to finally finish with clean cloth , so that no wetness remains. Hope this helps

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

make a paste of white vinegar and baking soda apply and leave for 5/10 minutes. it takes care of the stains. clean with a soft cloth. and periodic cleaning helps keeping the grease away.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

Mix vinegar + liquid dish soap +water and baking soda. Take a cleaning sponge apply this mixture better not to scrub hard and clean it with fresh wet sponge and wipe with dry cloth.

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

6. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the responses. I will definitely try this. Hope it is safe to use this mixture (vinegar + liquid dish soap +water and baking soda) in shelves very close to the gas stove. Please confirm