Need Guidance From Working Women

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by soumya2552, Feb 23, 2018.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I hv been a home maker for last 10 years due to family requirements. I hv no work experience. Just hv good knowledge in MS office. Have checked Udemy, but getting confused which one to choose as I hv not much idea about latest technology.
    Please suggest some IT courses that a non tech person can do. The reason I am asking for suggestions for IT courses is for 2 reasons
    1. I hv a 5 year old kid. Once he comes to 4th grade, I shud be able to teach him his computer science.
    2. I can take up freelance jobs with technical skills and give some time for my kid also.

Last question- any leads about soft skills training for teenagers on behaviour skills? Is this a good choice as career?

2. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Any leads? I need of ideas here :)

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Did you need udemy courses for job seeking or teaching kid or both?
    For teaching kid, You need to see what a 5 yr old kid has in their course curriculum. I mean what level of IT/skills/computer usage do they need to know. Normally, if its basic computer and apps navigation, their learn it so fast even without your help. So you do not need udemy courses for that. You can start browsing youself and can browse youtube tutorials.
    What exactly are you looking? or want to learn? Is it latest technology in terms of s/w or platforms to teach a kid?

4. divya920

divya920 New IL'ite

Hi all.. do h all have any idea about work from home kinda jobs .m here in Abu Dhabi

5. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

try getting into web designing...u will need to have few skills like php, html,css etc but u will get lot of freelance work and decent pay.

6. divya920

divya920 New IL'ite

Thank you for the info. I have knowledge on HTML n Php , but I am not getting rite source to get it . Few I tried which were fake online web . Can anyone plz guide me how do I utilise my time for work from home . I have 18 month so old baby. That’s y I couldn’t go out n work for now . I just want to use this time beneficial

7. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

You might come across job opportunities for freelancers in regular job sites like naukrigulf,indeed,bayt,dubizzle...you can also create your web page,showcase your skills and talents there, also work towards creating a nice profile in linkedin and connect with people (HR mostly) working in this industry. freelance work will come to you. This will require some hardwork and patience also good connections/contacts

divya920 likes this.