1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking To Quit Job

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mcutiepie, Feb 19, 2018.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Good luck OP

My concern is that as you are going to be in home full time, you need to compete with MIL for everything and it can turn like "jumping from the frying pan into the fire" . Also you dont have full freedom. If you are all alone in home to take care of your kid , you will enjoy more, but not when you stays with your MIL who create issues for you . It is better to have an option to go outside and away from MIL everyday and your current job is a good option.

Also I think you are not working 7 days a week right?. Spend your week end with your kids. The amount time you are spending with kid is not important, but it is the quality of time you spend with them. My suggestion will be to take leave for a week or month and see how its going.. instead of officially taking a break from your work. Don't take a hasty decision. Also be ready to face more accusation like you are simply sitting in home and not bringing any money etc...
    You will realize whether the grass is greener or not on the other side only when you check it. So give a test run instead of an actual action. All the best

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Staying with MIL at home and managing the kid will drain you. If you were all alone to manage the kid then its fine. Say if you leave the job and then MIL goes to her home then its ok. But staying together and you both looking after kid will be mess.
    MIL can start complaining on your ways to handle kid, may also say that you are distancing the kid from them etc. It has happened to me even when I was working but ensuring I come home by 5 pm to have time with my son.They kept complaining that I used to do it on purpose to alienate my son from them. Even if you take kid down they may complain.. so think abt it..

About cooking for your hubby, do you think he will stop praising his mom for taking care of him/cooking for him.. no.. even if you quit he will always have something or other mentioning that his mom is slogging..right now you can at least say you work and hence dont have time..

Dont leave your job for your MIL's or Hubby's remarks.
    As for your son , you feel that you need to give ample time to your son but its not so.. they only need quality time. they start mixing with others and play with their friends etc.. ..Think abt it..
    You can put him in some playgroup for 2 hrs , since he is already 3 yrs old, he will start his nursery soon or might have as well. So initial 2-3 hrs in morning goes in school.. then its lunch and kid sleeps in afternoon as you say.. It means only for 1-2 hrs actually the kid is with MIL for quality time.
    so if you can come early by 6 pm , take kid to park everyday .. kid will enjoy and that way you can be sure he is close to you as well..
    check if you can have flexible timings then it should work..

Vandhuamma likes this.
  3. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Do what ur heart tells you. If u can financially cope then go for it. I know myself Iwoild just wanna be with my baby at home and would t want my MIL looking after her.

4. simisha

simisha New IL'ite

If you think quitting your job and staying at home will give you peace of mind, then go for it. Why don't you try taking some time off or a mini sabbatical off work? There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, however, do remember that you'll be staying with your MIL. Especially since your son will start school soon and will be busy. I think financial independence is important as well as interacting with colleagues.