1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Story Of Mystery-chapter 13 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by vee23, Jun 16, 2017.

1. vee23

vee23 Silver IL'ite

Truth

… Continued from Part I

Previous Night

Last night, after seeing the missed calls in her phone Veronica calls back to Jivika holding the cell phone report on the other hand.

Veronica: Hey Jivika, this is Veronica.

Jivika: Hello Veronica.

Veronica: How are you? Sorry, I missed receiving your call. Is this the right time to speak to you?

Jivika: Yes, I heard everything about Aadya from Riya, and she asked to talk to you.

Veronica senses that Jivika is not aware of Aadya’s return and continues to speak.

Veronica: Yes Jivika, tell me what all information you have? Did Aadya come back with you in your shuttle on Friday?

Jivika: I am afraid no, No she didn’t come along with me in the office shuttle. I remember she mentioned, her sister is coming to pick up her on her bike, and they had the plan to do shopping.

Veronica: Are you sure? She left with Aanya.

Jivika: Yes, I am sure. We met and greeted each other before Aanya ride her bike.

Veronica thank her for sharing the information and sits in the shock.

After a few minutes, she stands up and sips the water and notices she is holding the cell phone report in her hand. She opens the report thinking of finding more information.

She proceeds thru the Aadya’s report which contains latest calls and text messages since the day incident took placed. Veronica finds the number would be Aanya’s by reading the messages and notes it downs to get that confirmed. Then, at the end of the report, it’s mentioned the phone last traced in a different city.

Then she continues to see the Anvay’s report, and doesn’t find anything suspicious in it, continues to see in received calls column, she notes the last number he had received on the morning when they visited Anvay’s office. Thinking since then there is no sign of him.

Next page content has Vrishab’s call summary. She continues to view the details after the incident took place. He had multiple calls incoming and outgoing with the same number she thought that would be Aanya’s, but Vrishab was in the village where he had no network. Veronica speaks to herself, ‘I knew it, you lied us Vrishab, you were here only.’Then she turns the page to the received calls list, to her surprise there were calls from the same number which she had noted finding from Anvay’s cell report.

All of a sudden something flashes, then she runs to her cell phone to check the received calls and finds out it’s the same number she has received from Aadya.

Veronica gets angry and speaks herself, you all played the game so well but not smartly. Now it’s real time to close this case.

Veronica calls to someone and asks him to get the information on those two numbers to get confirmed whose numbers are they. The receiver tells her to wait for a day, as the office hours are over. She requests him it’s very urgent and asks him to hurry up, that guy agrees to provide the details by morning because he is found to be her friend, who is helping her unofficially.

Meanwhile, Veronica tries to search the numbers in the Google; she doesn’t find any details on the first number. She types the second number on the search bar and enters. To her surprise, that number has found on the web as a contact number of some public hospital.

Veronica just picks her notepad and handbag, rushes immediately to that address found on the web page.

After reaching the hospital, Veronica sees a woman standing in the reception and typing on the computer. She checks her badge, mentioned her name and below that in small font mentioned Receptionist.

Veronica: Hi Manyatha, I need some details of a patient Aadya, it’s urgent.

Manyatha searches her computer and informs her. Patient has discharged today evening.

Veronica: Can you tell me when did she admit here and what happened to her?

Manyatha: Sorry, we can’t give the details of the patient like that unless someone from the patient’s side notifies us.

Veronica flashes her ID card and explains her it’s very critical and she doesn’t have time to get the warrant till tomorrow.

Manyatha agrees to give her the details whatever mentioned in the system.

Manyatha: Aadya admitted to the hospital around 12:30 a.m Friday night. She lost her blood so much and was in a very critical situation when she arrived. She had injuries on her stomach, and on her head, according to the report mentioned here she was hit severely to head, and something sharp weapon stuck to her stomach, which caused her to be in ICU and went on coma for a couple of days, the doctor gave up the hopes. Sometimes the miracle happens.

Veronica: Omg! Thank you. Can you give me information who admitted her?

Manyatha: Yes it’s by the name Vrishab.

Veronica: Didn’t you try to lodge a complaint to police.

Manyatha: Not sure Mam about that, we told them it’s an attempt of murder case we need to report, but the man explained it’s an accident she fell down on the sharp weapon and hit the head with the wall.

Veronica: Do you know who were all there to take care of the patient.

Manyatha: I think this guy who admitted, a girl was there. Later some other guy replaced the first. The patient needs to be on bed rest, but she insisted on discharging and asked a nurse to visit her every day.

Veronica: One last question, Can you confirm is this the number from your hospital?

Manyatha: Yes it is.

Veronica thank Manyatha for cooperating and answering all her questions. Then leaves the hospital.

Veronica gets into the cab, she breathes so high and closes her eyes. Then she pictures entire incident.

‘Friday evening Aanya came to pick up Aadya, and then she rides her to home. Something serious discussion happened between them which turned to fight, and later Aanya took the knife to make her fear which turned to hurt Aadya, and Aadya gets injured severely and falls on the ground after getting hit her head to the headboard of the bed.

As soon Vrishab and Anvay reaches the home, he finds her lying on the floor with blood split and Aanya sitting and crying next to her, Vrishab shouts what happened, Anvay talks something in an unstable state.Vrishab and Aanya rush immediately to the hospital and admit her. Anvay unaware of anything that happened goes to sleep.

After a couple of days one morning, Vrishab calls Anvay and informs him everything that happened and asks him to come and see Aadya. As Anvay get to know about the incident, without saying anything to his in-laws he gets to the office and takes the leaves, from there directly go to the hospital. Later he insists on staying with Aadya.Vrishab agrees and thinks to come back after hearing about the case investigation, as he found to be a suspect, then he returns and narrates entire story of his friend’s who took his car. Meanwhile, Aadya gets recover, finds out the whole story and insists on getting the discharge before someone gets arrest and asks to close the case.’

Veronica’s phone buzzes. She opens her eyes and speaks over the phone, ‘hey Veronica, I found the details of the number you asked. The first number is in the name of Aanya, sent you a text message, see her college hostel address which she has given for a background check. The second number is.’

Veronica interrupts him. I found the second one. Thank you very much for your help, I owe you one. Then she thinks that confirms it’s Aanya’s number, but her one last question ‘Why?’

After checking the college hostel address, she thinks of visiting.

Suddenly something flashes to her mind, seeing the same college name somewhere else before. She taps her head with her fist to make her mind to recollect, and she looks outside the window here and there trying to remember and closes her eyes.

Then she remembers ‘when they went to search Aadya’s house, she found a blue stone, and while examining the wardrobe found with some certificates of Aadya and Anvay. The certificates found in their wardrobe and those of Aanya’s were from the same University and the Institute.’ Veronica opens her eyes wide open in shock and says, What! Then just touches her fist to her head, senses something and smiles. Later she visits Aanya’s hostel to get confirmed on what she thought.

Next morning when she steps into the bedroom, she just notices Aanya’s bracelet.

The Present

Meanwhile, Aanya shatters down taking the blue stone, leaving that gift box aside and she starts to cry. Vrishab run to her to make her calm down, and Anvay and Aadya turn towards her.

Veronica comes back from her thoughts of the previous night and notices the gift box which Aanya placed aside. Just checks them, to see all of their’s attention entirely on Aanya. Veronica just picks that box from a white cloth and places in her pocket.

Aadya asks Aanya to calm down, hearing her cry uncle and aunt enters the room.

Jay: What happened to Aanya?

Vrishab: Nothing uncle, she is just crying thinking about Aadya been through a terrible situation.

Veronica speaks, calm down Aanya. Sometimes ‘feeling guilty is the big punishment.’

Jay and Jaanvi, don’t understand what Veronica is saying, but rest all knew what she meant.

Veronica: Get well soon Aadya. Anvay, take care of your wife. Vrishab all the very best.

Bidding bye to everyone, Veronica steps out of their house.

Her phone buzzes.

‘Hey Arya, how are you? Long time man.’

‘I am good Vero. How are you? Are you in any case, I am sure you will never leave anything incomplete, the smartest and determined in our batch.’

‘Yes, just now winding up the case, smiling “sees her pocket.”’

‘Okay, that’s good. I need your help, got my first case.’

‘Sure, what’s the case.’

‘The Train.’

***** Read the Epilogue below *****

2. vee23

vee23 Silver IL'ite

Epilogue
    After a year, Aadya completely recovers and gets back to her routine. She joins to pursue higher education to complete her dream and fulfilling Anvay’s wish in the same city. Anvay cuts down all his party and joins yoga and meditation class.

Vrishab finds a beautiful, charming girl and marries her. Their group now turned to four. They continue to meet just like before during the weekends and hang out all the day by chatting, watching the movies and playing the games.

Anvay feels guilt even now, that he was not with his wife in her bad time, and his eyes fill with water. Aadya seeing him says, still? Come on Anvay, and it’s more than a year. Yes, but you never told why did Aanya try to hit you with a knife. I said a couple of times; she was just playing with the knife and trying to imitate the war scene from the movie she watched and accidentally it hit me. Anyway let’s not discuss this anymore, and she asks him for the promise.

Jay and Jaanvi still speak about that and scolds everyone whenever they watch ‘Prank shows’ in TV.

Aanya completed her studies, and now pursuing her job in abroad with her new dreams. She remembers her craziness how she behaved and fought with Aadya, almost she killed her and every minute she feels guilty and regrets. She realises her mistake and concentrates on her future. Later while she is arranging her closet, a photo placed in her dairy falls. She picks up and sees the college group photo, she found to be standing in the second row with her batch, and in the front row finds the senior batch, then her eye catches the third person who is ‘Anvay,’ she just tears it off and throws to the fireplace.

*********** The End *********

I thank everyone for visiting my thread and reading the story with patience and interest. Initially, when I started to write, had no idea how I am going to continue and end this story but it’s all your interest, inspiration boost me to think, write and complete it. Do keep motivating me as always and thank you very much for all your time. Please leave your overall feedback/inputs/comments, appreciate your thoughts.

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

This is awesome..Thanks for giving us the story..So our next story is "The Train " :banana::banana:

--PS

vee23 likes this.
  4. vee23

vee23 Silver IL'ite

@peddadas

Thank you very much, dear... :) For reading each chapter and giving your time to my story... Yes, next story which I have in mind :);) hoping to give a good shape to it ...

5. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Awesome narration Veena !! Keep going

vee23 likes this.
  6. vee23

vee23 Silver IL'ite

@Rampuri9

Thank you very much :) It really feels good to see the feedback.. :)

7. Psurya

Psurya New IL'ite

It's really a very good story.. u kept the suspense till the end which increased the curiosity.. waiting for the next story...

vee23 likes this.
  8. vee23

vee23 Silver IL'ite

@Psurya

Thank you very for taking time and reading the whole story. It's been a quite a while, your comments made me to think of next story.