1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Then And Now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 21, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Whatever we learn in school helps us a lot. Thanks to the aunty who got admission for me and my sister in a Convent School. Otherwise I would not have been able to write snippets here. During school days I did not know how to write Essays. I never used to understand the subject and learn but I used to byheart and I was good at it. So used to write whatever is in the book. My son on the contrary has grasping power and used to write in his own words and not do copy to copy from book. He wanted to write stories . So I used to get book from Australia on how to become a great writer. He has written poems and stories too. My grand daughter is also like my son has grasping power and gets good marks. During school days I was good in maths. Me and my best friend used to do the maths seeing the example in the book and used to wait to get excellent from the Teacher. I used to spend two hours in the evening in her house. Like how I take the help of google to write here posting good quotes I used to take the help of books for writing essays in HIndi. My HIndi teacher used to tell me you go to college and you will get scholarship. We were not financially well off so I could not go to college. All my teachers were very good . When we left school after Xth everyone was taking autograph, did not have autograph book so gave a small book to my teacher to give her autograph and she gifted me an autograph book. So sweet of her.

Then School and the teachers helped me a lot and now IL has helped me to write. I cant write like others because I dont know the big words from the Dictionary. Here also when I read posts of some people I cant understand, I have to read it again and sometimes reading the feedbacks I understand what they have written.Thanks to IL and to Jey and Malathy for creating this loving site that I have learnt so much and able to write and fulfill my desires.

We all need inspiration. However, I believe writers may need it more. We need inspiration, and encouragement to keep us writing. Without this we would produce nothing and be forced to actually get a life.

They say theres a fine line between genius and insanity. If a man thinks he can write, does that make him genius or insane for trying. I ask myself, are we born with talent, or is talent created in us? I guess not all of us are naturally gifted or talented. I assume that gifts or talents would have to be built with practice, dedication and commitment. They say put your heart into it but what about your soul? Is compassion or lust for grammar and written word a sin? I dont know. Does it make me mad with insanity? Sometimes. The pen is an instrument of the mind; only through it will my thoughts find relief. So they say theres a fine line between genius and insanity. Which one am I, at this time I dont really know; which one am I?
    John Miller quotes |

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

:)
    reminded me of time in std 11 i wrote 11 page essay on the topic “ a night before examination “
    got highest marks but literally folded hands to teacher not to reveal the number of pages .
    boys in class would have killed me ! nevertheless teacher did ., and it’s the still the topic of discussion . 11 pages on “a” night before examination ! embarrassed till date !

3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Knowledge has no limits....we learn through out our life from different persons and different experiences. Life is our best teacher, it teaches so many things to us.

Good one.

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, I have seen some people with inborn talent and they don't care to develop it further. I have also seen people taking keen interest and achieving success. Inspiration from either inside or outside is a must for creativity. appreciation and a few good words here and there encourage the pursuit. It is highly appreciable that you motivate yourself and keep your mind occupied. In that process, you encourage others too!

5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty, you write really well and are able to express your thoughts . There is a sincerity and simplicity in your posts that really touches my heart. One does not need fancy words to express oneself. So keep writing !

iyerviji, MonikaSG, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Aunty,
    I love the honesty and simplicity of your words and thoughts....
    Inspiration and encouragement are the two important things for a creative mind....
    No matter how much we try to inspire ourselves, the joy is double fold when it comes from our loved ones.....
    Aunty, i am inspired by your writings, your jewelry making and the way you keep yourself occupied at this age, i wish am like that at your age

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad I bought memories of your school days , you shoud write asnippet on what you wrote

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true dear, there is no age for learnign, till we are there we can learn

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your sweet message and I agree cent percent with what you have written, you have put it so well better than what I have written. All your posts are worthy of nomination

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sandy dear for always inspiring me with your encouraging words and makin gme feel happy . Your feedback gives me encouragement to write more, thanks

Sandycandy likes this.