Mind Over Matter: The Meditation Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

I was wondering why we didn't hear from you as yet.

It is so exciting to know how you conduct your life everyday. It will be very helpful if you don't mind explaining how you started, how long it took to reach this level of mindfulness, what are the huddles (detours) you faced and how you finally got here.

Viswa

girvani and kkrish like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Viswamitra .
    Will certainly respond, but later today. Now I have to go to work. so do not want to give a rushed response.

3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

No they aren't extraordinary! :lol: I'm aware of works that are and how mine isn't. It's the concepts that are probably and yes I'm proud of them as it's indeed my creativity.
    I answered with respect to the given example only. Still the core thought may hold true for many cases.
    No. Not all of us function keeping pride, validation or attention in our mind. : ) Our intent is to do the deed, for our own sake and satisfaction, what may come out of it are (unexpected) collateral benefits only.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    It's indeed an individual's choice anytime to perform an action in ways they may wish to. However each choice comes with its own pros and cons depending on what we value most or what is important to us. When we make any choice, we also make a conscious decision to accept whatever consequences that is associated with the choice. To be selectively mindful or not in the case here. How you may want to do is entirely only up to you. : )

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Maayon, Gauri03, kkrish and 3 others like this.
  4. Viswamitra

This "Mind over Matter: Meditation Club" is a big learning opportunity for me. I have a lot more to grow to reach the level of mindfulness and resultant awareness. I have no hesitation in accepting this position of mine. Hopefully, someday I will reach the levels better than where I am at now. I am willing to learn and commit to achieving the outcome that many have already achieved. Please share your experiences.

Viswa

sindmani, kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

@kaniths,

Thank you for answering my questions point by point. I am still at affirmation stage to convince my subconscious mind to go on the path of awareness. I have a long way to go and your response motivates me to take that step and gives me confidence that I can get there.

Viswa

kaniths likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

That is what this space is about, to inspire, motivate and be there for each other to get there finally. :beer-toast1:

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

@GeetaKashyap and others

I am new here and I want to ask some things. I don't meditate but I had some strange experiences in life. What is it?

When I was a 5-6 years old kid while staring at the vast blue sky and the clouds I was suddenly struck by a thought.Am I dreaming this world while sleeping somewhere else? I don’t belong here and this may be dream world and I may belong to another world. I remember this experience very well.

After many years of marriage, I was once very upset with my husband and cried a lot and I did not want to live. I kept crying lying in bed and my husband was trying to console me asking me to stop getting so upset. Alongside these two actions I was or something in me was moving along a dark tunnel which had a very very bright light at the end. I wanted to simply keep going there. All three actions were happening at the same time like 3 branches. The things changed when he shook me too much making me open my eyes and talk .

One time, a friend who knows reiki was doing Reiki on me becoz I was curious. She asked me to close my eyes and relax while she was doing something , some actions. A few times I opened the eyes and saw what she was doing, after some time she touched my Bindi position and suddenly I was feeling too much speed. Something in me started going up and up above clouds and I could see vast green spaces, flower gardens and a river also like how we see from aeroplane. But the speed was too much and I was moving in space . I got scared and opened my eyes and sat up and started talking to my friends. But I continued to feel the speed. It took more than thirty mins for me to become normal.

Are all these a part of meditation experience or something else ? Please guide.

jskls and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Frangipani,

This has nothing to do with meditation according to me. It is obviously a supernatural kind of experience. That tunnel with light; some say it is near death experience. Let us see what others have got to say.

jskls likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

As part of my yoga teacher training, I have learnt "trataka" found it quite effective. Not practiced in a while now but this person here gives a good explanation and covers almost everything that my teacher taught, who is also from Bihar School of Yoga. Trataka (candle gazing) cleansing technique | Yoga With Subhash

Like everything else, moderate practice is the way to go.

Another technique that I found extremely effective was "Half opened looking at the ground about 1 and a half meter in front me", I have noticed how the patterns on a colorful carpet sop dancing after sometime and helps one stay simply still. This was also taught as part of yoga teacher training.

kaniths, Gauri03, Indhradhanu and 4 others like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    Hi Viswa
    I have no book or any teachings to quote.
    My only guru is my husband.
    It is a cumulative result of the many things he had taught me. I will write here one or two which steered me towards being mindful. Only I never knew it was called mindfulness till now.

This happened within the first couple of years of my marriage.
    One day I had not completed a task, or had done a poor job of it. When my husband asked me about it, I said " oh I did that, I did this. I only missed a small thing".
    He kept quiet.
    After two or three hours when I thought the matter was closed, he suddenly asked me, "K, what is the most important bolt in an aircraft?"
    My mind was racing, wondering what kind of a question this was ? How can we single out a bolt in an aircraft?

He said, " The most important bolt is the missing bolt". "Nothing should be ignored or thought of as unimportant. What you consider unimportant may end up being the crucial thing. You always have to ask yourself if there is a 'missing bolt' " before considering a task complete."
    Since then, I always saw that there was no "missing bolt" in any of what I did. In the process I began paying more attention to everything and every detail.
    Even today in our home we use the code, "missing bolt" which means "poorly done".

Another time he mentioned that nothing in this world should be ignored as uninteresting. " Approach with an openness and you will find everything interesting."

I just changed my approach and what started just as checking for the missing bolt and looking at everything as interesting, grew to become my second nature.

Yes, many life's problems have interfered and I have gone through the days mechnically too. But once the problems get resolved I bounce back.
    That is all there is to my way of life. Simple approaches that work for me.

Anisu, girvani, kaniths and 9 others like this.