1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by GeetaKashyap, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Love you, Sandy.

2. GeetaKashyap

Mistt,

Naaku ade feeling undi. Sari, ippudu adanta oddu, simply relax and let us enjoy life.

nandinimithun and Mistt like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

yes true only certainty in this uncertain world. Loved the last line. Good one Geetha

I am reminded of Ramana Maharishis saying “What is it that dies? What is it that lives for eternity?” Having seen death too many times for the death to be meaningful one should live a meaningful life.

nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Geets,
    Such a profound and thought provoking poem.... your words have the power of lingering in my mind for a long time and replaying by itself, the whole day....
    I loved the last line, “Conquer all your mountains and stop dying a zillion deaths”....

Every night when we go to sleep is a little death, and every morning when we wake up is a little more life....
    So much happens, between this birth and death, life is so unpredictable and uncertain hence one thing what we can do is, hold no grudges or hatred, keep spreading love and love only, though its difficult....

One good thing post death is to donate our organs...
    Hugs to geets for such a lovely and soulful poem.

Sandycandy, periamma and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Plain and to the point. This is the type of poems that I can read and re-read forever.One more talent uncovered Geeta. Its needless to say you do the best with everything. Bring it on...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear @GeetaKashyap
    A fascinating poem. I loved these lines especially:
    I would have loved to respond to your poem in verse but unfortunately I cannot do so! I am basically a prose man.
    Death can be looked at in two shades. One way is to look at it as a joyful release from the confines of living as evolved writers like Kahlil Gibran described it thus:
    "For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
    And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
    Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
    And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
    And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

Such a joyful approach of death makes one really look forward to it. The other way is to keep fearing it all our life. People who have a morbid fear of death die every day but joyful souls who have no time to think of it die only once.
    People say that we should not read Garuda Purana except when death of someone occurs at home. It is probably because it describes various punishments that may await us when we die depending on the kind of life we lead. But contrary to this belief, Garuda Purana is high philosophy that actually liberates you from the fear of death! About Garuda Purana, I read the following somewhere:
    "I found it so fascinating that i purchased a copy and read it word by word and found it is very useful, as it prepares us for our death and tells us, what to do and what not to do to avoid bad journey after death. "
    Sri

7. GeetaKashyap

Thank you so much, @Cheeniya Sir. I am honoured by your appreciation and elucidation of the concept of death. Death sounds eerie and definitely fearful as we move from the known to the unknown. Ever since I read books by Dr Brian Weiss and found out about some personal experiences I am rather curious and I am trying to lose the fear of death. To my present understanding, it signifies the end of one phase of eternal life and the exciting new beginning of the next phase. when there is no escape from this cycle of births and deaths, it is better to be prepared and welcome the new phase with open arms and mind. A scholarly person quoted this Upanishadic quote when I published this poem on another forum last year.

"He who knows well both knowledge and Nescience simultaneously,

overcoming death by knowledge attains life immortal."(Isa Upanishad - verse 11)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Frangipani and MonikaSG like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

@jskls Lakshmi,

"...for the death to be meaningful one should live a meaningful life." Such a wonderful line! I will read the article for which you have provided the link. Thanks for your comment, dear.

“The tragedy of life is not death,

but what we let die inside of us while we live.”

-Norman Cousins

9. GeetaKashyap

Nandu,

"Every night when we go to sleep is a little death, and every morning when we wake up is a little more life....
    So much happens, between this birth and death, life is so unpredictable and uncertain hence one thing what we can do is, hold no grudges or hatred, keep spreading love and love only, though its difficult....

One good thing post death is to donate our organs..."
    Lovely mature thoughts, dear. Thanks for your value-added comments.

10. GeetaKashyap

Archu, thank you so much for always being there to encourage me.

Archanaanchan likes this.