1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My Darling…..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vandhuamma, Feb 19, 2018.

1. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

While visiting elder relatives or native place I always say aaho (आहो, ऐकलेत का..) but when we are all by oursleves i call him by his first name.

This reminds me my grandpa used to call his wife my grandmom as aho Shakuntala la bai (अहो शकुंतला बाई..) even he used to address us (my mom, me and my sis) as aaho bai..

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Interesting but though you desired FB ONLY from lady members yet I presume participation by male members in the thread would be welcomed.
    Depending on the situation or more correctly gravity of the situation the so called endearing terms such as “Honey, Darling, Pinky, Rosy etc...” uttered with voice modulation to reflect the mood(s).
    When I forget, her first reminder would address me as “Mr”. Second reminder a sterner “Mr” uttered with “r”slurred. Third reminder would be strongly uttered acrimoniously as “ Mr Thyagarajan”. She would never utter in any moment honey or darling but in the good olden days when she wrote billet-doux yes those words she wrote in almost every sentence. Those are the days hummmmmm.
    From my side I use the endearing terms to her as often as possible so that life would go on even keel plus timely food! I am frank and honest - you know!!!
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

Laks09, Vandhuamma, Sunburst and 6 others like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Awww....that is cute.kinka inka????:thinking:

Thyagarajan, Sandycandy and MonikaSG like this.
  4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

My husband never calls me by my name he always says aaho it's like suniye ji and I do the same all the time,,but there was a time when we would call each other"shonya". When his parent would come or we go there I accidentally have called him shonya and saw him with smile..Now with kid I don't neither does he but I miss being called that ...

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You should not stop because of the kids. When kids see parents talking lovingly,they get a positive view about their parents relationship.It makes them feel secure.

Try it again:)Don,'t be shy:p The cutie pie was given by shonya ,not aaho!;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Sasur ka beta when he grumbles about helping in the kitchen
    Amma ka Laadla when he enters the kitchen
    And Shona when he is actually cooking !

Just joking !

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Well he wants me to call me traditionally Emandi in Telugu . But I’m little uncomfortable by addressing him like tat ! o_O But I will call him by his name itself :yum:. Wen I talk about him to in laws I will not call his name . But I tell his name wen I speak to my family .

8. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

And may be it's just not my kid but also the arguments bcz of inlaws I guess we just stopped ..
    That's true.. I should call him that .. will start from today..
    Thanks dear..

9. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply, Sir. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Yeah actually kids get all the attention.

If my DH even comes near me to talk something ( now a days it is usually the million dollar question, theri account mein kitna pada hey???:smash2:) my DD comes running and says, " NOOOO dont go near my mother. Amma, dont worry I will protect you from DAD :thinking:"

poovai, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.