1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I have been never a treadmill person but a elliptical person. For some reason I was always scared. Well thanks to @Rihana I did a mile on treadmill for first time in my life. I weighed in my gym today and I have lost a pound. Since tomorrow is holiday I'm going to see if I can add another mile and make it to 2 in treadmill. I went at a pace of 4.5(don't know the unit). I hope it is not too low since I saw a paati running at 6 next to me :laughing:. The goal for tomorrow is to beat paati's speed :yum:.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@kkrish you are so consistent with your steps. I'm debating if I should get a fitbit but I don't like wearing anything in my hand .
    @ashima10 were you a mountain climber last janma ? 25 floor even imagining is making me tired

kkrish likes this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi KK and friends,

I am inspired by you guys. I have been slacking a bit the last few months. I too want to join you guys here to get back on track :)

mangaii, sravanitenali, Srama and 3 others like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

2/18: The calorie count is incorrect. My Garmin syncs with MFP and double counts the calorie burn. Trying to fix it.

untitled.png

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hehehhe...I started months ago. started with 5...then 10...then 20.
    now 25 :) it took months to reach here and still i am not very disciplined.

I read somewhere we should do something one a day which makes your heart pound. It does.
    cant run due to C-sec :)

and dont want to buy more clothes as that's what i have been doing for months...i have all sizes now. Small middles large extra L :)

25 floors up & down today too :)

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:worship2:
    I am admiring you your tenacity. 25 floors is not a joke. Very good low impact (I should say mid impact) exercise and much better than walking.
    Also with a child you are definitely adding more steps than you know.:beer-toast1:

:biggrin::lol:...and I love your great sense of humor.

mangaii and justanothergirl like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @mangaii
    I think there are other types of trackers/pedometers too. Check out Misfit Shine 2, Bella beat Leaf Urban, Fitbit Zip, Nokia Go. Or you have the option of wearing a jewelry that doubles as a tracker - Ringly Aries, Connected footpods, Motiv, Michael Kors Access Thompson, Kate Spade bangle tracker, etc.

mangaii likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Sure, join us. The more the merrier. And @ashima10 here to put that extra smile with her self-depreciating humor.

ashima10 and mangaii like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning from the East Coast.
    Sunday 2/18/18.

I walked in the morning after breakfast and completed 9,000 steps by noon. I had a birthday guest coming for dinner with his wife. He wanted just sambhar or rasam with spinach-dhal. Of course I cannot prepare just that!
    After lunch I prepared the little round potatoes for roast, made tamarind-millet, pressure cooked dhal. It was about 1:30-2. Went to take a nap. The body was tired after continuous walking.
    Woke up at 3 pm, had the evening cuppa. Then prepared the spinach dhal, avarakkai sambhar, rasam, and yogurt rice. My guest also wanted some sambhar powder. So roasted the dhania, red chillies and ground the powder.

By 5:45 all were ready. I had enough time to vaccum one room. So did that and walked a bit raking in 1,000 steps and then freshened up.

Post dinner, I walked the rest of the 1,000 steps, had a hot shower before going to bed.

From today I want to add another routine before going to bed. That is to soak my feet in epsom salt water. Need to treat my feet well.

fitbit_sharing_256821337.png

SunPa, mangaii, AkilaMani and 2 others like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Just got done with my 45 min spinning class. That will be it for me today :)

kaniths, mangaii, kkrish and 2 others like this.