1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quid Pro Quo With The Gods

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 20, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hell's Kitchen

Vegetable biryani and Rajma Masala

upload_2018-2-17_15-26-56.png

Custardy Dessert

upload_2018-2-17_15-28-49.png

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

What do you use to make the gravy for Rajma? I have not seen that color and consistency of gravy with Rajma.

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Now, if you don't laugh at me, I use more than two types of tomatoes in the paste.

Plum or roma for the rich color and cherry for sweet and tangy flavour and salad tomato as base that holds both the cherry and roma flavours. Also, I use shallots in the paste. Tender and nice texture. I am making chickpea curry now. Saw your post. I snapped my preparatory stage.

upload_2018-2-17_18-0-9.png

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Heissy and Lissy

Everything is quantized but not love. This is demonstrated by a lovesick couple and their epistolary romance seeded from a chance encounter at a music jam. Met, engaged in two weeks and married in three months.

Heisenberg to Elisabeth:

As soon as you are here again, I want to forget everything that is not only about us. I believe it would be good in general if, during this summer, physics were pushed into a dark corner, to be picked up again later, for first I have more to learn from you than from all the treatises in the world.

Elisabeth to Heisenberg:

If you wish to take some time off from physics in the summer, dearest, that would naturally be for me a little like being in paradise. And you can be quite sure that I will never be upset later on, when you spend long periods of time on nothing else but physics. It needs you, too — I know that. And I am good on my own, when I know that you love me.

Mmm, was physics countermanded by ardour? Did Lissy keep her word or nag Heissy on his obsessed work after the marriage.

"Before marriage you wanted me and then physics."
    "But Darling, after marriage you agreed for physics and then you."

A prenup would have made the terms of endearment more clear.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    We have all seen the viral wink but have you seen this?
    The variations of it are becoming hot favourite. Watch this
    Another reaction for a change:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Mistt likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    I remember Leela Naidu. I have seen some three or four of her movies. A graceful actress. She was born to an Dr. Pattipati Ramaiah Naidu, a well known nuclear physicist from Madanapalle, Chittoor Dist. She was married to hotelier Oberai for a short while. This video will give you some idea about her in case you have never seen any of her movies.
    Your mention of her has taken me a few decades back.

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Viral memes are more popular than the original viral videos. I haven't watched the memes yet but their profusion is no surprise.

Trump is hilarious in the stitched-up meme. You have to get it to him for his otherwordly expressions. No one can beat his happy frown or devastating smile. He is numero uno in mummery.

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Actresses ahead of their times

Exactly! I was reading the same. About her father who also worked under Marie Curie. Leela Naidu is elegant and refined.

All that Priya Prakash hullabaloo reminded me of another yesteryear actress Priya Rajvansh. She was another Westernized Leela Naidu in style and accent. Zeenat and Parveen and Leela and Priya were bold women who defied the stereo casting of their times. Sadly, she was murdered in 2000. Priya's live-in with Chetan Anand, who was several years her senior, raised brows and beckoned media attention. But who cares! Brows are meant for raising and winking. I like such audacious women who go against the grain to liberate themselves from the prejudicial shackles of their provincial times. Accents and Pro-Western upbringing is no longer a deterrent as our Katrina Kaif has demonstrated.

9. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Misericord
    Don't ask me why but this took me to Michelangelo. I had first read his story in the novel Agony and Ecstasy by Irving Stone. I latter saw the movie in which the lead roles were done by Charlton Heston (Michelangelo) and Rex Harrison as Pope Julius. An amazing movie based on an amazing novel!
    You must visit some of the famous temples all over the country. You can come across some mind boggling erotic architecture.
    I am overawed by the contents of some of our famous Hindu temples

10. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Actresses ahead of their times
    Priya Rajvansh had a tragic end. All for money. But the amazing couple of the family was Dev Anand and Kalpana Kartik. They were married for 57 years until the death of Dev Anand after 57 years of married life. She married Dev Anand when she was just 23. She gave up her acting shortly thereafter. How different the brothers were!

Mistt likes this.