1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Now And Then, I Think Of Then And Now!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks
    Regards.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    Your quiz reminds me of the games we used to play in our school. Nothing restores youth as much as when you have someone talking about the games you played while in the school. Coming to M&M's Milk Chocolates, my doctor has warned me that at my age, it is equivalent to Hemlock Poison. If Socrates were alive today, it would just be enough to feed him with an overdose of some succulent chocolates to put him to eternal rest. Hemlock is out of fashion now! Have you noticed that the Chocolate ads today show the consumers making a mess of their mouth eating them?
    Sri

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@sonishah32
    Hurray! I have sighted a new member responding to my Rambling! Welcome aboard!
    Glad you liked my post. Thank you!

4. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    Your M&M feeds the ears. The other M&M pampers the taste buds! Your M&M is a Rapper. The other M&M comes in a beautiful wrapper!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@jskls
    Dear jskls
    You stunned me with that clip that you forwarded. What madness is this? If people want to worship Shiva on Shivratri they must go to some Shiva Temple. But this crowd here paying such mind boggling amounts for keeping themselves awake on Shivaratri stuns me! I have spent whole nights on Shivaratri at such Shiva Temples as Vaitheeswaran Temple, Thiruvannamalai and Kapaleeswarar Temple. It used to be really soul filling. Daler Mehndi and Sonu Nigam to help us spend Shivaratri! What have we come to!

sindmani and jskls like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    I understand your anguish. We now live in a country where a politician donates jewelleries worth several crores to God! We also see NRIs donating millions of dollars to their alma mater to set up excellent facilities for higher learning. It is not very difficult to understand whom the god will bless more. Talking of your grandmother, I am quite familiar with that old senario. Believe me, even now there are persons who observe such austerity. But I noticed Jaggi Vasudev in shoes throughout the ceremony! Different strokes!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

@SCSusila
    A very pragmatic approach! As you say, days are changing. I have read that Karaikal Ammaiyar was walking upside down on her hands at Thiruvalangadu as she did not want her feet to touch such a holy place. Here is an extract:
    'Woman Saint Karaikal Ammaiyar sung her Mootha Thirupathigam in this temple. The Rath of the temple is so aesthetically constructed as a Lotus Flower. This is also the temple where Karaikal Ammaiyar lived for a long time. She apparently moved about only on hands as wherever she put her foot a Shivalinga would appear knowing this as the lords’ mischief she took to the reversed posture of walking.'
    She was one of the 63 Nayanmars of Shiva.
    And there was Kannappa Nayanar who offered meat to Lord Shiva
    But the most important thing is, as you say, to live our lives without harming others. That's indeed a divine attribute.

sindmani, SCSusila and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Notice chocolate ads? Now and then,Thinking of the and now, I miss the good old buying chocolate days in India and don't even get me started on ads here. Come to think of it what we see more here is ads for prescription medication than chocolates. CHocolates do come on the screen when it is time for halloween, valentines, easter.

But, cadbury's have a special place in my heart sir. So I am going to rationalize and say this - do you think it is all that heat and traffic? You know for the melty chewy chocolate and the equally messy eating....when you got to eat, you got to eat! I am sure it is. At least the melty chocolate brings such a happy smile - that particular chocolate always does, at least for me, always!

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    I am late.
    First reason I did not see the blog until my friend sent me a message that there is a new blog of yours. Because now a days we see your bogs now and then.....
    rarely.
    Second reason was I was occupied and busy.
    I guess as everything is changing....festival celebrations are also changing.Whether one likes or not is a different matter. Good olden days.....has been hearing that expression from time immemorial....my grandparents, parents, elders around me and I would be narrating to my children on and on.....
    Summer and two mms and Sabita getting reminded of m &ms and I like the one you were mentioning which are shown eating in a not so neat way in commercials.....but that particular brand is yummy!!!!Two ms. Just the way as juicy mangoes eaten in Godavari districts!
    Keep writing Cheeniya sir. We would be delighted to read....not now and then but often.
    Syamala

iyerviji and Srama like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    In the heat of Chennai summer, chocolates melt to a shapeless pulp and you don't feel like eating them in that avatar. We need to put them in a fridge for a few hours before consuming them. Chocolates have been taken off from my wishlist by my cruel doctor. But I must mention this here. My granddaughter never eats a chocolate in front of me for the fear that I too may get tempted to eat them.

Srama likes this.