1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Veena

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Feb 2, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 10

It was around 12 noon and still, Veena didn’t reach college. Sahil was started getting worried where Veena is. He waited for another hour but in vain. So he decided to call up Veena. He went to a nearby PCO and dialed Veena’s house number. Her mother replied the call. Sahil hung up. He tried again for 2-3 times but still, it was her mother Sadhna only who was taking calls.

Veena was in the kitchen and when she saw her mother saying Hello hello each time, she understood it was Sahil but she doesn’t know how she will talk to him. Now Sahil was also losing his patience and so he went to his colony and tries to look around Veena’s house so that he can get a chance to see her. Veena’s balcony door was closed. He decided to go to Rishi’s house so that he can get any information from Richa if possible.

“Hi, Rishi… How are you?” Sahil reached his house.

“Hey Sahil, I am good. How are you?” Rishi was surprised to see him at this time.

“I am good. Actually, I took off from office today so I thought if you are free, we can go out somewhere.” Sahil was not sure how he will ask for Richa.

“Hey man, I am sorry I will not be able to join you as I am leaving for some work. Maybe we will catch up some other time.” Rishi replied.

“Ohh… no problem. You carry on… we will meet some other time. I will go then. Rishi, can I get some water to drink?” Sahil asked.

“Yes Sure. I will get it.” Rishi went inside.

Sahil lost hope as he cannot find Richa anywhere but God listened to him and Richa came out with a glass of water and offered him.

“Hi, Sahil… Rishi is gone to his room to take his bag. He will be coming in few minutes. Have water.” Richa offered him the glass.

Sahil got relieved seeing Richa and without wasting a second he said “Richa I need your help. I am looking for Veena since morning and I am not able to talk to her. I tried calling her as well but not sure where is she. Please, it is very urgent for me to talk to her. Please do me a favor, can you go to her house and ask her to meet me at Ganesha Temple if possible. I will wait for her. Please please please.” Sahil spoke all in one breath.

Richa was astonished. She couldn’t understand what to say as she has no idea what all was happening. Before she could speak anything Rishi came with his bag.

“Let’s go Sahil. Please drop me at the bus stop outside our colony if you are free.” Rishi asked Sahil.

“Yes sure… Let’s go.” He was talking to Rishi but looking at Richa with a genuine request in his eyes.

They left Rishi’s house. He dropped Rishi at the bus stop and went to the temple. He was not sure whether Richa will help him or not. But he decided to wait there.

An hour passed but there was no sign of Veena. Sahil was getting impatient as he wants to speak to her badly. Suddenly he saw Richa coming towards the temple. He got some hopes. As Richa came towards him, he started looking here and there for Veena.

Richa looked at him and understood, “Veena is not coming and maybe will never come.”

Sahil looked at her Richa shockingly as why she is saying like this. Richa told Sahil what all happened at Veena’s house since they were back from their movie date. She also told Sahil that she was crying very badly and want to meet you.

Sahil got shocked listening to all this. He was thinking to tell Veena what all happened at his house today but he had no idea that she was gone through all this at her house. He was feeling very bad imagining her crying all alone. He wanted to hug and console her.

“Sahil are you okay? Listen, I have to leave now. But you take care.” Richa worriedly asked Sahil.

Sahil tried to control his emotions and thanked Richa for doing all this. “I can't thank you enough. You please go home now. I am fine. Bye and thanks once again.”

“No problem Sahil. I will be very happy to see you and Veena together. I will pray that everything gets sorted and you both will live happily. Bye.” Richa said gently and left from there.

Sahil sat on the ground and started thinking what he should now as this is not what he was expecting from both families. He has to think something fast before the matter gets worse.

Arunarc and ratan like this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh..its nice..good going and thanks for writing for us!..I think this is the end for Veena-Sahils love story...

muggs likes this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Yes, sadly it has to end because of their parent's stubbornness.

4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 11

Next morning Sahil woke up and look at the calendar. It was Sunday morning. The day has not started as he had planned but he got ready and left his house without saying anything to his parents. He knows now he has to do this alone as his parents will not support him. But he was also sure, if he gets succeed to convince Veena’s father, they will also accept their alliance.

Sahil rang the doorbell. He was very nervous but somehow keeping a calm face. Sadhna opens the door.

“Who are you? Whom do you want to meet?” Sadhna does not recognize him.

“Namaste Aunty, I am Sahil.” He touched her feet.

Sadhna got stunned to see him. She was not able to speak, as she is afraid if Shashikant sees him what will he do.

Sahil understood her fear and said in a controlled tone, “Aunty, I want to talk to you and uncle regarding…”

He could not complete his talk as Shashikant came out and asked Sadhna, “Who is that Sadhna?”

Both Sadhna and Sahil looked at him and their heartbeats increased.

Shashikant was shocked to see Sahil. He did not expect that Sahil will come to his house.

He was stunned to see his courage. His anger was at its peak but he controlled himself as Sahil is still standing outside his house and if he speaks anything, their neighbors will come to know.

“Come inside. Sadhna, close the door.” He instructed.

Sahil got little courage thinking that Shashikant at least got ready to talk to him.

He came inside and all three of them sat on the couch in the living room. Sahil looked around but couldn’t see Veena anywhere.

“Don’t look here and there. Tell me what do you want and leave from here as soon as you can.” Shashikant’s voice raised.

“Uncle… Actually I…” Sahil was trying to collect words.

“I am not your uncle and I don’t have all the time in the world.” Shashikant was trying to control his anger.

Sahil was getting nervous but then he thought about Veena and his future with her and he got strength and started, “I am sorry Sir. I don’t take much of your time. I want to talk to you about Veena and me. We really like each other a lot and I want to get married to her. I assure you that I will always keep her happy. We both want your blessings. I know our cast and backgrounds are quite different but please understand Sir, our happiness is with each other.”

Sahil directly looked into his eyes while all this conversation.

“Stand up… I said stand up now and get out of my house. How dare you to talk to me all this. You will tell me now about my daughter’s happiness. I am very well aware that what is good for her and one thing I am very sure that you are not the one with whom she will be happy.” Shashikant rose from his chair and raised his finger towards the door.

Sahil stood from his place and came towards Shashikant, “Sir please try to understand. At least ask Veena once. What does she want? You can not impose your orders on her like this.”

“Don’t you dare teach me what I can do or not. I know my daughter and she will do what I will tell her to do.” Shashikant’s finger was now pointing towards Sahil.

Sadhna was terrified looking all of these. She tried to calm down his husband but he instructed her not to say anything.

“No, Papa you don’t know your daughter. You only think about yourself and your reputation. You never thought about anyone else's happiness. You want everyone to listen to you and don’t utter a single word in front of you.” Suddenly Veena came there from stairs where she was standing and listening to all this conversation.

Shashikant and Sadhna looked at her shockingly. Shashikant’s anger is now uncontrolled. He couldn’t believe his daughter is speaking in front of him in this tone.

“Veena, shut your mouth and go to your room now.” His voice raised.

“No Papa, I will not be going anywhere. I am listening how you are insulting Sahil from the moment he entered. We wanted all this to be very cordial. We love each other but we wanted our family’s support and blessings as well to start our new life. If we want we could have just…” Veena was losing herself but her mother holds her hand.

“Veena, What are you saying. Just stop it.” Sadhna looked at her worriedly is there anything inappropriate coming to her mind.

“Enough is enough now. I heard a lot of nonsense talks here. You boy… leave from here now or I will call the police and send you to the jail. Sadhna… take Veena inside now.” He holds Sahil’s hand and drags him towards the door.

“Papa you are not doing right. Papa please…”

Veena tried to come in between but her mother holds her back.

“Sir, please listen to me once. Don’t do this with us. We will never be happy without each other.” Sahil pleaded with him.

But Shashikant didn’t listen to them and pushed Sahil outside and close the door on his face.

“Sadhna pack your bags. You and Veena will be going to Orissa today. By the time, I will arrange the tickets.” He is unstoppable now.

“Papa I will not go anywhere. Papa don't do this to me.” Veena was crying badly.

After few hours, Veena was sitting on the train looking at her wristwatch which Sahil gifted her on the movie date. Tears were dropping on the dial and making it dim just like their lives.

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 12

One week passed. Veena’s condition was not good. She used to cry all day and night. Her father had instructed his parents to put a lock on their landline phone so that she can not call Sahil. In the meantime, Shashikant has also planned his transfer and he will be getting the final answer in 1 or 2 weeks.

One day, Veena was sitting in the living room. She was very upset. Her mother and grandparents went to the temple. Suddenly the phone rang. Veena picked up the call and said “Hello… Hello…”

“Veena… It's me…” Sahil murmured.

“Sahil… Sahil is that you. Sahil how are you? Sahil…” Veena started crying listening to Sahil’s voice after so long.

“Please dear, don’t cry. How would be I without you? Every minute feels like a year to me. After that day, I went to your house and even tried calling you but there was no sign of yours. Then, Richa told me that your father has sent you away. I pleaded her to somehow get your contact number. She gave me this number. I called few times before as well but some or the other person was picking the call.”

“Ohh Sahil, I don’t know what Papa is thinking. He sent me here with my mother and also they put a lock on the phone. I am not allowed to go out as well. I was not able to contact you. I am missing you so much. I want to meet you. I don’t know when I will be back there. There is no one in the house right now that is why I am able to speak with you.”

“I know Veena… our parents are not understanding us. I don’t know what should we do now. We cannot hurt them either by taking any other step.”

“Sahil, please keep calling me here. I will try to be around the phone if possible. At least we can listen to each other’s voice. And once I will back there we will decide how should we go ahead.”

“Yes Veena, now this is the only way we can keep in touch. I love you Veena and I always will.”

“I love you too Sahil. I will wait for your call. Now I should hang up before anyone comes.”

“Bye Veena and you take care of yourself and no more tears… Ok, my love…”

“Bye Sahil… you also take care.”

They hung up and breathe a sigh of relief.

The chain of phone calls kept on going for few weeks. Veena was happy at least she can hear Sahil’s voice. But the storm was about to come which she had no idea of.

One day she was busy knitting a scarf which she thought of gifting to Sahil when she will meet him once getting back there. Only when her mother entered the room. She kept everything under her bed cover hurriedly.

“Veena, pack your bags. We will be leaving tomorrow.” Sadhna started taking out her belongings from the cupboard.

“Really Ma, we are going back to Lucknow.” Her happiness was reflecting in her voice.

“No, we are going to Ahmedabad. Your father is promoted and transferred there and he has started his duty there from today.” Sadhna replied while packing the bags.

“Ahmedabad??? Suddenly, all this promotion, transfer. You haven’t told me anything. Ohh now I get it. Papa did all this deliberately right? He doesn’t want me to meet Sahil and so he decided to leave Lucknow. You both can restrict me but not my feelings… remember this.” Veena slammed the door and ran out in the garden. Her eyes started flooding with tears. She was feeling weak and helpless. She was not prepared for this shock and neither Sahil. He must be waiting for me to come back there.

6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Awesome & heart touching.

muggs likes this.
  7. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Nice narration... More episodes pls

muggs likes this.
  8. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Good going... Please continue.. Waiting for the next episode:clap2::clap2:

muggs likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

wow..wonderful narration and awesome story line

muggs likes this.
  10. MonaModi

MonaModi New IL'ite

Very nice story. awaiting to read new twist an turns..

muggs likes this.