1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can we study on H4 status? Or need to change to F1?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by josh, Aug 24, 2006.

1. geetahs

geetahs New IL'ite

hello
    i am on h4 and also want to study in us i have bachelor degree in computer so want to do related some IT course but i need not to join any university for long time as we worked on project based so we will move any time so any one can suggest me any course which i will do from home only .or may be university course which is not longer then 3/4 month time .as till i am not search in this so pl help me out .

2. shalzee

shalzee New IL'ite

Re: Can we study in H4 status?

Hi Shal.. i am a new ILite...just completed a certifcntn course from a college here in California. i am eager to work too..but i know i cant do so on H4..not until the GC process with my hubby's employer begins,right?

well,i was just curious as to what status r u on? since i do see u r working!i apologise if i am invading too much!
    regards!
    shalz :coffee

3. laksh24

laksh24 New IL'ite

hi,

i have been looking for universities as well to pursue my Masters. Please suggest me if Private University like Universty of Phoenix is good to do Masters and also if i do online degree is it worth doin it ? please suggest

Thanks

Laxmi

4. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shal,

After completing your master did you change your Visa.Or is there any rule After doing masters you can do job here.

awaiting for your eager reply,

5. radhikasreeram

radhikasreeram New IL'ite

Re: H4 to F1 Conversion - Questions

hi kanthi.

i am in the situation u have cited now. what happened to ur F1? was it approved?

6. ArtiP

ArtiP New IL'ite

Hi all

Hi all,

I m also here on H4 visa.I m commerce gratuate and already done PGDCA from M.P. india.I m living in Austin.I want to do some course from austin community college which is nearby my place.Any one suggest me which course I do ,so I get job here.

Thanks

7. tanya1984

tanya1984 New IL'ite

Hi josh,

U can study in H4

Even i am planning to do it

but cost depends on the subject and univ

have a look at some univ websites

8. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

H4 to F1; A Query

Friends,
    I'm going to get married in two to three months and I'll come to US as a H4 wife. I'm a middle level manager now wants to do my MBA in a reputed business school in US. I want to know if I can change my visa status from H4 to F1 after I got seat in a business school. Do I need to come to india and get the status changed? Are there any problems in changing the visa status? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Uma

9. Laure

Laure New IL'ite

Re: Can we study in H4 status?

Hi Shal!

I read the message you wrote 3 years ago about studies in H4 status and saw that you
    I'm in the Silicon Valley under an H4 visa and I'm interested in courses in HR Management too. Actually, I have a MS from back home but I think that an American MS would help me to get a job.

I'm in contact with the State Universities of San Jose and San Francisco to attend classes through Open University but I'm not sure of their program and which one is better.

As you're an expert now, can you tell me which courses would be better for me.
    Which school do you recommend in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks for your help

Laure

10. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hi Laure,

Congratulations on the decision to pursue an MS in Human Resources. I am not sure about courses at SJSU or SCU, however, I can definitely provide you tips and insights on doing an MS in HRM from Golden Gate University, San Franisco.

The program is very good and worth the pains, if you are really sure that you want to be an HR professional after completing it. I have a positive opinion of the program as well as the school, since it helped me a great deal to find the job I am in today.

Best wishes,
    Shal