1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Veena

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Feb 2, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 4

In-house no. B-21, someone is more excited than Veena and thinking about her from the very second he had seen her on the ground.

Yes.. that is Sahil's house. It's a small government quarter as Sahil's father Mr. Ranjit Maini is on a junior post in the same department as Veena's. Sahil's family is recently transferred to Lucknow and Sahil has also got his first job in a private firm here. He has completed his M.Com and joined the company. Sahil's Mother Kalpana is a housewife and very much attached to her only son.

Sahil is sitting in his room and completely lost in Veena's thoughts. Her voice is still echoing in his ears. He is not able to forget her smile. He wanted to see her once again so that he can know more about her and talk to her. But back in those years, it was very difficult to talk to a girl straight.

But God was also with Sahil and Veena it seems. As sports league was going to held soon and they both were participating, they used to see each other almost every day while practicing on the ground. Passing smiles and seeing each other from the corner of their eyes were going on for days. And one day they get a chance to speak to each other.

It was Richa’s Brother Rishi’s Birthday party. Richa invited Veena and Sahil was Rishi’s friend and they played in the same volleyball team. So he was also in the party. Veena was helping Richa in serving snacks and drinks to guests and Sahil saw her. Richa went to attend some guests and Sahil came to Veena as no one was there. It was the first time when he was about to speak to a girl whom he was just looking from far for almost a month now.

He gathered all his courage and said, “Hi, I am Sahil.”

Veena looked at him and hesitatingly replied “Hi.” as she was not expecting this.

Sahil was also very nervous. He wanted to talk to her for so long and now when she was in front of him, he was not able to utter a single word. But he didn’t want to lose this opportunity so he started, “I am shifted recently here with my family. We met on the ground that day you remember.” He paused for a second. Veena was looking towards the floor and smiling from inside. “You play very well. I saw you during practice.” he continued. “Actually I want to tell you something from few days. I… I…” He was not able to express his feelings. He took a glass of water and drank it in one go.

“You also play very well”, Veena smiled and took the glass from his hands and went from there.

Sahil looked at her and stunned for a second. Then he realized that she also noticed him on the ground that means and a smile came to his face. After that till the party ended his eyes were on her and his heart was all excited.

Slowly days were passing and feelings were growing in both the hearts. One day Sahil was waiting in the playground at the time when Veena normally comes for practice. But few hours passed and she didn’t appear. Sahil saw Richa was practicing with other girls. He thought she might be not well. He thought to ask Richa but was not sure what reason will he give to enquire about Veena so he stopped.

3 days went like that waiting and Sahil was getting restless with each passing day. He went near her house so many times but he was not able to get a glimpse of Veena even once. His patience was drawing out now and he decided to find out about Veena.

He went to Richa and asked her, “Hi Richa. How are you? How is your practice going on?”

“It is going well.” Richa replied.

“Richa, I was wondering I haven’t seen your friend for 3 days. She plays really well but she hasn’t come for practice these days. Is everything all right with her?” Sahil enquired hesitatingly.

“My friend... Who... Ohh you mean Veena. She is not here. She has gone to meet her grandparents in Orissa and will be back after one week. Why are you asking about her? Do you have any work with her?” Richa told Sahil.

Sahil felt relaxed that Veena is all right and said “Ohh no no I don’t have any work with her. I was just asking, as I have to prepare a list of Participants. Thanks by the way.”

Sahil left from there hurriedly before Richa could ask any more questions. 1 week... It is a long time. How he will spend this 1 week without seeing her. He was very restless and counting each moment to pass as fast as it can. These days of separation made Sahil realized that this feeling is not just liking or attraction. It is far more than that. He is falling for her. He is in love with this girl.

Today 1 week was over and Sahil was all excited to see Veena after so long and excitement is more because now it is not only a girl whom he likes but she is his first love. He reached the ground 1 hour before the regular time all dressed up. He wanted to express his feelings to her.

After an hour Veena came to the ground with Richa. Sahil’s face brightened looking at her.

Veena saw Sahil from the corner of her eyes and found him staring at her. She also wanted to take his glimpse as this 1-week was not spent easily for her as well.

Veena was standing in the corner after her practice. Sahil saw her and came to her, “Hi.. it is so nice to see you after a long time. How was your trip?”

Veena looked at him in shock.

“I came to know from Richa that you went to your grandparent’s place.” told Sahil.

“Actually this 1-week was like 10s of years for me. I missed your presence. All the time I was thinking only about you. I want to say something. I.. I really love..”

“Veena… Veena... Let's go.” Suddenly Richa’s voice interrupted them and they both looked like they came out of a dream.

Richa took Veena’s hand and started walking.

Sahil couldn’t finish his words and Veena was looking at him turning back. She was blushing because she understood what Sahil was going to say. Maybe her heart also wanted to listen to those words.

2. MonaModi

MonaModi New IL'ite

Hi,

I guess, now story will get turn.
    Waiting for next episode.

muggs likes this.
  3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

nice..keep writing soon!!

muggs likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 5

Finally, the day arrived. Sports Day has started with full of enthusiasm. Different sports, competitions, and races are getting held one by one. The ground is full of players, teams, and audiences. Now it's time for Veena's badminton match. She is all set for the match but her eyes are looking for something or I would say someone but she couldn't find him anywhere.

"All the best. I know you will win." Richa came and wished Veena for her match.

"Thanks, Richa. I will try my best" said Veena and thought of concentrating on the match at this time.

Match got started and went around 30 mins. Veena played really well and as expected she won it. Her parents were very happy. Richa hugged her and congratulate.

Veena went near snacks and water table to have some water and a little boy came to her.

"Didi... This is for you." He handed her an envelope. Before she could ask anything he ran away.

She saw here and there but couldn't find anyone. She opened the envelope.
    "Congratulations on your win. You played really well and deserve it. A small gift on your victory." She saw inside the envelope and found a Rose. She smiled looking at it and somehow she knew who is this secret admirer of her.

She was about to go from there then only another kid with another letter stopped her. She took it and smiled at him.
    "That day I was not able to finish my words. Your smile and blushing face said a lot but I want to complete my words and hear from you. I want to meet you. I will wait near the Ganesh Temple outside the colony Gate." the letter read it.

Veena got surprised. She was not ready for this. She looked around. Everyone was busy in watching the games but she was afraid to go. What will happen if anyone sees her or if her parents will come to know or if they will ask where was she? She dropped the idea to go and meet him and came back to the audience sitting.

But somewhere in her heart she also wanted to meet him. After reading that he is waiting, she became very restless. She wanted to go but she was afraid. A conflict was running through her mind. But then as it says when you really want something to get, you will get a way to it.

"Ma, I am feeling little dizzy. It might be because of the heat. So I will go home and take some rest. I will come back in an hour." Veena asked her mother.

"Ohh... I will also come with you then" Sadhna replied worriedly.

"No no ma.. I am fine. Will take a little rest and be back in sometime. You enjoy watching games." Veena tried to avoid the situation.

"Ok Veena. Take rest." Sadhna sounded little relaxed and gave keys to Veena.

Veena left the ground as fast as she can and took her way towards the temple instead of her house. She was very nervous on her way but to meet and see those eyes, she was ready to take this risk.

Sweetynila, Arunarc and ratan like this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 6

Veena reached the temple in another 5 mins and saw Sahil standing near the backside of the temple. As it was a summer afternoon, there are not many people around. Veena moved towards the backside of the temple. Sahil came forward and smiled looking at her. She smiled back and started looking down. She was blushing.

"Hey, Veena. I wasn't sure you will be coming or not. But I am very happy to see you. By the way congratulations. You played really well." Sahil's happiness can be felt in his voice.

"Thanks. So tell me why do you want to meet me?" She Replied softly.

Sahil smiled and said, "Don't you know the reason?"

Veena nodded her head and still looking towards her sandals.

"Ok... Then let me confess to you... From the moment I saw you on the playground, I don't know what had happened to me. You are all over me... If I am awake you are in my thoughts, If I sleep you are in my dreams. I never felt in this way ever before for anyone. I think I... " he stopped suddenly and looked at her.

She was looking at him in shock.

"Oh.. I am sorry. I didn't mean to shock you. You must be thinking what kind of mad guy is this, but you made me lost in your eyes. I couldn't take off my eyes from you. I am not able to concentrate on anything. When you smiled back at me from your balcony that day, I felt you also want to tell me something. So.. I am waiting to hear."

"Every feeling cannot be said in words. Some are meant to be felt." She looked directly into his eyes and her face turned red. She was blushing and quickly moved in the reverse direction.

Sahil came near her and whispered in her ears," I love you Veena."

She smiled and ran towards her home.

Sahil's eyes followed her till she disappeared and he was not able to stop his smile. He was very happy. It's his first love and it felt great when you find your love to be reciprocated to the same extent.

As she reached her house, she went straight to her room and look herself in the mirror. She was blushing. She started humming some love song tune. She found Prince of her dreams.

After that day, the chain of meetings started. Sometimes in the ground, sometimes in the temple, sometimes in the park little far from their houses. Both of them got restless if they didn't see each other one single day. Sahil after work wait for Veena and Veena also reached the place they decide giving one or the other excuse at her home. They have exchanged their landline numbers. Whenever Veena's parents took the call, Sahil disconnected it immediately. They met and talked about each other, their families, their future. As the days were passing, they were getting closer. More they speak to each other, they started understanding each other better and love between them was getting intense day by day. Now it was becoming difficult for them to stay away.

One day they decided to go for a movie. Sahil told Veena that he will leave his office early and will come to her college to pick her and then they will go to watch a movie.

Veena was super excited. It would be her first movie with his future husband. She started getting ready. She wore a beautiful Blue Saree. She thought to give surprise to Sahil as he hadn't seen her in saree till now and Blue was his favorite color.

When she reached downstairs her mother asked Veena, "Wow Veena, you are looking very pretty. Are you not going to college? Why did u dress up in Saree?"

"Ohh Ma... I forgot to tell you today in college we have a Cultural day celebration. So we all girls decided to wear Saree. Because of the cultural function, I will be coming an hour late from the regular time." Veena was all prepared with the excuse.

"Ok... I will tell your father to pick you from the college as it will be late" her mother replied with concern.

"No Ma... It's not needed. I will come with my friends. You don't worry. Papa would be tired after coming from the office. Don't bother him. I will be fine and back home on time." Somehow Veena managed to convince her mother and took a deep breath.

She left her house and went to Market. She wanted to buy something for Sahil. She entered into a shop and started looking out for the gift.
    It took her almost an hour and finally, she bought a wallet and a pen for him. She asked the shopkeeper to gift wrap it. She wrote a message on it, "for my love"

She reached college and didn't go to class. She sat in the library and started waiting for the clock to show the time when Sahil promised to come to pick her.

On the other side, Sahil was not able to concentrate on his work. He was also looking at the clock in every 5 mins. He was very excited to meet Veena today as it is going to be their first movie date. He already bought a watch for her. He wanted to see her wearing that. As the clock stricken at 2 PM, Sahil wrapped up his work and left his office. He reached college Gate in next 15 mins and started waiting for Veena to come out. After 5 mins he felt like his heartbeat stopped for a second. As he saw Veena in the blue saree, he got stunned. She was looking gorgeous. He hadn't expected this. Veena came to him. Looking at him, she asked, "What happened? Am I not looking good? Why are you not saying anything?"

"Ohh Veena... I have no words to tell you. You are looking so beautiful in this Saree. It was such a pleasant surprise. I am feeling like I should cancel this movie plan. I can see you for hours and hours. I want to capture you in my eyes." Sahil was not able to take off his eyes from her.

Sweetynila, Arunarc and ratan like this.
  6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 7

Movie Date went very nice. They enjoyed the movie as well as each other’s company. After movie got over they went to an Icecream joint nearby and sat there.

“Veena, I have decided that today once I reach home, I will talk to my parents and this Sunday we will be coming to your house.” Sahil told to Veena giving her an ice cream cone.

“I want to see your face when I wake up in the morning and want to embrace you when I sleep in the night.” Sahil holds her hand.

Veena looked at him affectionately and her eyes filled with tears of joy. “I never thought I will meet someone who loves me so much. Even I want to spend every moment with you.”

“But…” Veena’s voice shivered.

“What happened?” Sahil asked her worriedly.

“I am not sure how our families react to this. We are from different cultures. My sister and brother had arranged marriages. How will I convince my father for this alliance?
    You are the only son of your parents. They may want a girl from your community to be their daughter-in-law. How will you make them agree to this inter cast marriage? How will we explain them our love? I am not sure whether they will understand and give us their blessings.” Veena spoke the reality and got tensed thinking about all this."

Sahil was not prepared for this but he handled the situation “Oh my dear… Why are you getting worried? I am here. I will handle everything. Our true love will give us the courage to face every situation. Do you trust me? Are you with me?”

“Yes of course and I am always with you. I trust you more than myself. I know we will be together forever.” Said Veena and they hold each other’s hand tightly and giving each other an assurance.

But now it is time to face the reality and take the big step in their journey of love. Both of them have to prepare themselves for convincing their families. They finished their Ice cream and started for home.

Reaching near the colony gate, Veena asked Sahil to stop the bike and told she will go by herself from here. She doesn’t want anyone to talk about them. She started walking when Sahil hold her hand from the back.

Surprised she looks back “Ohh Sahil… What happened.”

“Just wanted to say I love you and we will make this happen together.” he smiled.

“I love you too and I will wait for this Sunday.” She came closer to him and they looked into each other’s eyes which are sparkling with hopes and dreams of their bright future.

Unaware of what is waiting for them, they walked towards their homes.

Arunarc and ratan like this.
  7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 8

As Veena stepped into the house, she found her father walking impatiently in the living room. Her mother was standing right in the corner and looking worried. They looked at Veena and move towards her.

“So how was your cultural program in the college?” asked Shashikant sarcastically.

“It was good Papa, but very tiring.” Replied Veena. She still couldn’t understand the sarcasm in her father’s voice.

“Ohh yes… Of course… Bunking College, watching a movie, going to the restaurant must be very hectic.” Shashikant’s voice raised and face turned red in anger.

Veena was stunned. She didn’t expect this. Her face turned white and she was not able to utter a single word.

“What happened? Why are you standing still? Don’t you have anything else to say? Make some more excuses and try to make us fool. I couldn’t believe how you dare to go all alone that too with an unknown boy without letting us know.”

“Actually this is our mistake, we trusted you and gave you full freedom. And what did you do? You did not give a damn about our reputation. From how many days all of this is going on? We never come to know about all this if I had not seen you entering into the theater with my own eyes. I waited for you to come outside and after that, I saw you going hand in hand with that boy. You can not tell us any more lies.” Shashikant was not giving any time or opportunity to speak her.

Veena’s eyes are filled with tears and she sat on the ground. She never thought that all this will take such a turn and ruin everything.

“Sadhna, listen to me very carefully. From tomorrow no college, no friends for her. She will remain in the house until I find a suitable match for her. I don’t want to become a gossip subject for the whole society.” Shashikant instructed Veena’s mother.

Veena was shocked listening to this and gathered all her courage to speak and started “Papa please listen to me at least once. Sahil is a very nice boy. We wanted to tell you everything. He will be talking to his parents and they will come to our house for our alliance. Please, Papa... at least, give us a chance to explain everything. We really love each other. I want to marry him. Mummy, please tell Papa to meet his parents once. I am sure you both will like him.” She pleaded with her parents.

Listening to all this Shashikant’s anger increased and his voice raised, “Ok… So you guys have decided everything already. Why don’t you tell me when is the wedding date? How can you even think that I will agree for a love marriage and that too outside of our cast? I am telling you it is better that you forget him and do what I am telling you to do. Sadhna, keep an eye on her. She will not be going outside of this house without my permission.”

He left the living room and went upstairs.

“Ma please at least you listen to me. Don’t you trust me? Sahil is very nice. We love each other. He will always keep me happy.” Veena tried to convince her mother.

Sadhna wants to support her daughter and give her a chance but she knows her father will never agree for this relation. He will not listen to anyone and no one can go against his will.

“Veena, try to understand, this relationship has no future. It would be best for everyone that you do whatever your father is saying. Now you go to your room and sleep. It is quite late.” Sadhna also left from there.

Veena was broken and lost all hopes. She was not able to understand what she should do now. Same has happened what she was afraid of.

8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 9

Sahil woke up early today. He is all prepared to talk to his parents about Veena, unaware of what all had happened at Veena’s house.

He took shower, got ready and came to the kitchen where his mother was preparing morning tea.

“Are Sahil, you are ready so early. I had no idea that you have to go to the office early today. I will prepare your breakfast now. Give me 15 mins.” His mother hurriedly started putting the wok on the gas.

“No Ma… I will go to the office on usual time. Give me this tray and you come with me. I want to talk to you and Papa about something.” Sahil took the tray from her mother and came in the dining room where his father was sitting and reading the newspaper. His mother also followed him and sat down on the chair.

“What is the matter Sahil? Is there anything important?” his father asked.

His mother was looking at him worriedly.

“Yes, Papa. Ma you don’t get worried. Whatever I am going to tell you is important but nothing to worry.” He was very hopeful that his parents will understand and support him.

“Actually I met someone. Her name is Veena Pandya. She is from our colony only. I really like her and …”

“And what?” his mother interrupted. Her expressions changed suddenly. She doesn’t want to listen what Sahil is going to tell her.

“Ma I really love her and we want to get married. Papa, I want you both to meet her and her parents once.” He holds his mother’s hand.

But his mother took her hand away and stood from the chair.

“You are my only son. What all I thought about your marriage, that I will select a perfect match for my son in our cast. I had never thought that you will do this on your own. My son who asks for every small thing to me is now telling me he already has decided that who will be my daughter-in-law.” His mother started typical emotional blackmail. She was not able to take this how her only dear son has taken this decision.

“Ma it is nothing like that I have disrespected you by choosing Veena. You meet her once. She is very beautiful and cultured. How does it matter whether she is from our cast or any other? What really matters is my happiness and I will be very happy with her.” Sahil argued.

“Ohh… so she has already done her magic. If this is what happens before marriage when you are arguing with me for this girl to whom you know just for months, I can see the future.” His mother started flowing tears from her eyes and kept her hands on forehead.

“Ma please it is nothing like that. You haven’t met her once and how can you think all these about her. She is very soft and pure-hearted. And I am not arguing because of her, I want to get married to her. This is about my happiness. Papa, please say something. Please make her understand what I am trying to say. Tell me, Papa, what do you think. I really need your support and blessings.”

“Sahil, I think you should forget her.” His father told him very calmly as if he was thinking very deeply about all this.

“Papa, what are you saying and why are you saying so?” Sahil was shocked. He was not expecting this. But her mother got relieved listening to her husband.

“Ok tell me, are her parents ready for this alliance.” Asked Ranjit.

“I… I don’t know yet but they will I am sure. We will go there and talk to them.” Sahil answered.

“No they will not, and never will be ready for this relation. As soon you told Pandya, I got to know that you are talking about Mr. Shashikant Pandya. We are in the same department. He is my senior. I know him very well. He is very particular about his reputation. He cannot tolerate that anyone goes against his orders and put their opinions in front of him. If he is like this in the office, I am sure what he is like in his house. He will never agree to an inter-caste marriage and our family and financial backgrounds are quite different from each other.” Ranjit explained his son very calmly.

“I got your point Papa but I cannot forget Veena. I will fight for our love. I promised her. I will talk to her father and convince him but I want my Parents blessings first. Please, Papa, please Ma. Don’t you want your son’s happiness.” Pleaded Sahil.

“We want your happiness son but we don’t want you to get hurt. Only love is not enough for a marriage. We are living in a society which has its own norms and you can not go against all this.” Ranjit was worried for his son now looking at his intensity for doing anything for this relationship.

“I think it is enough. We should close this matter now. There is no future for this relationship. And don’t you worry son, we will find the best match for you in our own cast and you will forget this girl very soon.” Kalpana stood from her place and kept her hands on Sahil’s shoulder.

Sahil removed her hand and went outside the house slamming the doors behind. He was not at all able to understand why his parents are not listening to him. He was feeling suffocating and wants a breath of fresh air. And he knows he will get the peace and strength only after looking at Veena’s face.

He looked at the watch and thought of waiting at the college’s gate as Veena will be there soon.

9. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Good going @muggs.... looking forward for the other episodes

muggs likes this.
  10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your response. Here is the next episode. :)