1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning To Work Again After 4 Years Gap

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by HoneyChinni, Feb 3, 2018.

1. HoneyChinni

HoneyChinni New IL'ite

Hi,

I was working as a .Net developer in India and has 7 years of experience. I came to USA in 2013 Nov on H4 status. Due to perosnal reasons and pregnancy couldn't plan for applying for a work visa or studies. Now I am planning to work again but in dilemma to decide whether I should continue with .Net developement or should I learn and change to any new technology or testing. After 4 years of gap how easy or difficult to cope up with the development side ? If anyone has gone through the same situation or has experience/Idea about current software industry requirements please help me out in deciding.

Thanks in Advance
    Bobby

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Development is tough to start with and also it always need timely upgrade of knowledge. Testing or QA can be comparatively easier to start with.

3. HoneyChinni

HoneyChinni New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply monika . Yes having an idea switching to either Qa or business analyst ..

4. mirdulasound

mirdulasound New IL'ite

Hi,
    Im also sailing in the same boat like u. I was working as .NET developer in chennai with 4 years of exp. H4 EAD approved on sep, 2017. From that time I was searching for job. still no luck. Did u try contacting any desi consultancy?

Thanks
    Soundari

5. blooms4me

blooms4me Bronze IL'ite

Kudos on the decision to start working. I know how hard it is when in USA after marriage and kids and after a gap from work. Hope things work out for you. I do not have any experience in IT field but my husband is a Business Analyst.He works with ERP. SAP certification is a good one, ifbyou can figure out how to study. Also since u have EAD and experience with .net, I am guessing consultancies can help you with training or so. Not sure though. Anyway all the best.