1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need info abt good Indian grocery store in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by depma, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

There is a one next door near spice center but its expensive and another one is in 23rd ave in the middle of All India Grocery and Restaurent its SPA Saloon. Its really good. its address is 4245 23 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6L 5Z8. The Saloon in unnoticable so when u climb up the three stairs u will be on the door of the Saloon.
    Am living in Saddle back road (south). Five minutes drive from MahaGanapathy temple. How about u?

2. preethis1588

preethis1588 New IL'ite

I am in the centre edmonton .. south of downton
    can u just say me the name of the 2 salon.
    Nice to know u .. thank u so much for the help

3. preethis1588

preethis1588 New IL'ite

Do weget sesame or gingelly oilin edmonton ?? can u pls tell wat is the brand name and which shop itsavailable

4. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

hi preethi,
    U can get the sesame oil in Indian stores SPICE Center, Fruiticana in 34 Ave. Pls Google for address. I have seen ITHAYAM Nalennai in Spice Center. I have already given u the address of the Saloon and spice center, pls go through the posts again.

5. krsnakeerthi

krsnakeerthi New IL'ite

Hello All!!

Im Keerthi, me, my husband and 3 yr old daughter moved to Edmonton 2 weeks back. I would like to thank you for providing valuable information regarding the apartments and grocery stores. We have been living in the US and Canada was absolutely new to us. We didnt know anyone here and were a bit apprehensive. But I was able to tell my DH that we need to look in the Millwoods area cos of IL.

Eventhough its winter time we did not get any rental in Broadwalk apartments. Finally had to take the only option left to us in 38th street which is very close to the transit center. Im seeing lot of north indians in my apartment :) Would love to connect with any tamilians around here.

Also, would appreciate if anyone knows about the pre-schools here. DD was going to a montessori school back in US. Here, we dont have a car and the closest montessori school is 2 bus drives away. Im really not sure about the other pre-schools. Please share your thoughts.

Regards
    Keerthi

6. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Keerthi,
    Welcome to Edmonton :) My Son is 41/2yr and goes to Montessori school house H & B in 40th Ave and 114 st. Just google it u'll find it. The pre school is so nice. Now my son knows to add and also reads 3 letter words. The staff's are Awesome. Will definetly recommend ur DD to send there.
    Hope u r enjoying spring in Edmonton.
    Take Care

7. krsnakeerthi

krsnakeerthi New IL'ite

Hi Sridevi!

Thank you so much for your fast reply. Looks like the school is 11-15kms away from our place. Have to take 3 buses. I'm looking for something closer as we don't have a car. Your son's school sounds very ideal. Do you also live close to that area? Would love to catch up with you.

Spring??!! It's still snowing :) so far we are just finding where the stores are. Planning to go to ganapathy temple on Saturday. Dd loves snow, so that's one good thing I guess :)

8. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Keerthi,
    Please see the above message to contact me. If u can't reach me u can leave message and ur number so i can get back to you.

9. shaily829

shaily829 New IL'ite

Hi Grace/Deepa,

I will be travelling to Edmonton by 22nd may 2013 and i have a small kid.We are planning to stay in sherwood park.can u pls suggest a good and reasonable indian store for grocery purchases near to sherwood park area?where to get good fruits and veggies as of now?

10. Kjay

Kjay New IL'ite

Hi Deepa..
    Just came across your post while browsing through the site..
    I am Vijeta from Mumbai, India... I would be moving to Edmonton with my husband in July 2018. I would like to know a little about Edmonton if you can help... My concerns just like any new immigrant is an apartment and a job..
    Can you suggest me which area in Edmonton is favorable for new immigrant from India.. i also need a decent apartment may be 1 bedroom... can you help me with some agencies or property managers dealing in the same..
    Also can you me a rough idea if possible on how are the job prospects in Edmonton....We do not mind starting out with survival jobs.. BTW i am a Dentist... we do not want to run out of our finances by remaining jobless for 2-3 months.. so just a little worried..

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Vijeta