Life With No Siblings

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Desiindian, Jan 26, 2018.

life with no siblings personal experiencr

Poll closed Feb 25, 2018.
  1. good

20.0%
  2. not so good

50.0%
  3. bad

10.0%
  4. never felt single

20.0%
  1. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Anyone here with no siblings? Please share your opinion whether your parents choice is good or bad for you. As a parent, you want two kids or one kid?

Thanks

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

I am the only child for my parents now.My brother passed away when he was 5 due to a heart related ailment.
    Every decision we take in life has pro's and con's and cannot be generalized .Depending on age, financial capability , future planning and various other factors partners decide to either go for 1 or 2 kids..IMO nothing is good or bad.I get to hear people saying parents of single child that their kid will grow up to be a loner, too dependent and may lack social skills and what would happen to them when they die?All these are just apprehensions and wont hold good in all cases. Also, practically if you see there are lot of siblings in this world who dont even see each other due to various issues .You and your partner will be best judges to decide if you want a single/multiple/no kids depending on circumstances.

3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Lavii, I have been asking the same question as OP for ages, and your response felt really good to read. Thank you.. :)

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Thank you @ILoveTulips :)

5. satinder11

satinder11 New IL'ite

hi
    I have one elder brother who stayed with grandmother since he was born. So i always felt i have no sibling. To add to that after we both get married things got worst as my husband and his wife dont get along well at all. I meet brother and family once or twice a year despite in same cities. So for me its i have no sibling

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Personally I can not imagine a life without my siblings. Both (a bro and sister) means a lot for me.
    More than for myself, they bring loads of meaning in my children's life as God parents or I would say second parents.
    I have plenty of friends, but my siblings are my best friends with whom I can depend on.
    After parents, siblings are your family of origin.
    Particularly when in trouble, like health issues or sorrows, siblings are the first one to go to.

After marriage, you and your partner become one, and any problem that affect your family affect both. So, the next point of support or consoling has to come from a sibling who is very close to you.

I can add on and on to this, and there is no end.
    But it is very personal feeling, and I don't generalize the same.

My mom had 7 siblings, but none of them were close to her. At the end of the day, she has no one other than her spouse and kids to go to.
    In fact, her siblings were a pain, and her life is much better after distancing from them slowly.

My dad had 6 siblings too. Even though they were not bad as my maternal set, they were not that close either. They were money minded, and were happy only whenever we were supportive.

My friends and peers are not that close with their siblings after marriage. Most of their relationship is very much formalized now.
    So it highly depends....

But I see the same closeness, and interdependence in my children when it comes to each other.
    They used to miss each other very badly when one is out. They like to spend time with each other, and love each other so much.

Archanaanchan likes this.