1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silent Treatment

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by HYDGIRL1234, Nov 7, 2017.

1. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

There's a saying, " if you can't beat them, join them"... in other words, if your Dh's silent treatment is taking a toll on you, your only choice is to lower your pride and BABY him, give him some unexpected hugs and feed his ego to make him smile (e.g why do you look more handsome when you're mad?, etc..).. many times from my experience, the spouse felt guilty afterwards and gave in to what I wanted in the first place.

Also, stop sending messages, it will just make him think more of things you have said to him...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Amica and Sweety2016 like this.
  2. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

@ momsky you made me smile...whenever i try being serious after a fight this is what my h does..he clearly diffuses the situation by telling you look cute even when you are angry and i lose my control and start smiling...its a v clever confident hack I say!
    @ OP if the relationship with your h is fine in all other ways then you can try this...but if he is being mean to you always then its hightime for your ego to do the talking...We girls bend bend and bend to accomodate unrealisitc people in pursuit of calmness at home. But does it really makes us happy? No..in that case we have to raise above the tides and ignoring the H completely. This can be achieved only if you love yourself more than anything else and do something that gives you the true purpose of life...We have to become so busy that we wont have anytime to even look at these people..that would definitely put some senses into people practising such shallow minded tantrums..I am trying really hard to master this!

3. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

Hug OMG even if I touch he will remove his hand.so I stopped touching him.

zeppelingirl likes this.
  4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Ha! I learned this technique from my ex-husband... must be a guy thing.. it worked wonders though everytime I used it on him

Amica likes this.
  5. HYDGIRL1234

Thank u all ladies .
    Will try to control myself.thanks Raakhi will try to chant.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. HYDGIRL1234

It
    Lucky you .really happy for u .

7. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Ah. This happens with my husband too

8. Sfdc

Sfdc New IL'ite

Hi Op, I just read your post and I can see that your husband is trying to act all superior and lower you down and irritate you more by being extra nice to your mil and ignoring you completely .I feel that you should not let his actions affect you so much. Just think that you and your husband faught and he is fine and you are not.you are suffering and it is not good.I would suggest that you meditate everyday .this will keep your mind calm. Don't overthink.let him be nice to mil.you keep yourself busy.try and make funny faces at him when your mil is not around.be playful but don't overdo.he will think that you have lost it lol have fun with your son.try and include your husband as well and if he doesn't budge ...let him be like that.very soon he will realise that his silent treatment is not affecting you at all.get busy ..do some shopping online.I am sure very soon he will be normal.

HYDGIRL1234 likes this.
  9. redorange

redorange Senior IL'ite

Silent treatment is very emotionally abusive. Can you find out the root cause of his silent treatment. Was he always like this from the beginning?

Can you be direct with him and tell him he is damaging you emotionally? Ask him what is going on?

HYDGIRL1234 likes this.