1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Age Friendships - Do They Have Expiry Dates Preset?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by crazysans, Apr 12, 2016.

1. varshamohan

varshamohan New IL'ite

No. Friendship doesn't have an expiry date. If you can keep loyalty and pure love, I believe it will last forever.

2. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I don't think it has an expiry date but it is hard to make true friends too. With transferable job we won't be living in any place for long time. Even if we make new friends by the time we get close it the time to depart. Sometime it get hard to make them understand the intense of pain and reality that we are going through but people are blessed who have such true friends ...May god bless everyone with such friends :)

Sunburst and Sandycandy like this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

True friendship has no expiry date. Perhaps time pass friendship may have expiry date.
    PS

Sunburst and Amica like this.
  4. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

"If a friendship can last 7 years, it will be a lifetime friendship". I've seen this quote somewhere in the internet. Rather than this, i got my own experience with a gang of 10 friends. We are still in good terms, 3 of them are abroad. Still the intensity of relation didn't faded yet. I got this gang during my higher secondary education. It been 9 years now. I am very happy that i got a bunch of true friends.

5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Our main priority nowadays is our independence. We cannot give any extra space to anyone in our life. Previous also it was the same. But the person who is handling the issues had so much patience that they handle it throughout their lives. But now we don't have such patience or time or not even we give so much importance to any other person. Be it a friend or family.

6. DXBDesi

DXBDesi Silver IL'ite

I had a lot of "friends" who were one way friends.
    If I call them, or msg them, they will talk a lot, or msg me back.
    But if I don't message them for 6 months, neither will they .....

So I Stopped communicating with them from my side

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Your bestest friends are those on social internet forums. Like this one. It is because there is no expectations gap; no one is going to come out to your house, with husband and kids, stay there for two weeks, do a poor job of dishwashing, or any other help, and take new meanings from whatever the host says.
    Don't you think it is "the distance" that makes for good friendships ? People in forin are much better than local people; the forin people don't come to your house unannounced, and expect you to serve them beer and nachos. This same thing goes double for people you befriend on this forum, and its like.
    Sometimes this distance concept is called "space". Obviously this does not mean having ET for a best friend.

MonikaSG, Amica and Rihana like this.
  8. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

It really depends. I have some very good friends from my school days. We all are in different professions. But our dynamics has not changed. We don't talk to each other daily. Some times we meet only yearly once when I go to India but the love and affection has not gone. We call each other on birthdays and stuff. The financial status/professions all these materialistic things have never come in between. But I do have friends who call/msg us only when they need info, they do back bite as well. But once i realized that I have stopped talking to them about very personal stuff. We do catch up but it will be bit more formal not giving away our personal problems. It depends on the core values on which we are brought up. I always feel school friends are more connected as we are almost brought up together with similar values and principles in life, because of same school, place and ways of life

luvpeace likes this.
  9. kettie

kettie Senior IL'ite

People have become too mean nowadays and so do their friendship. They make/maintain friendship only with those who can provide some information/gossip about others. I made few friends who were really good in the beginning, helped one of them in every bad time of hers, supported her in every possible way. But when I needed her the most she left off silently. Today, when everything is fine in her life, her best friend is the one who provides her the whereabouts of everyone in the society.
    However, we still meet but its only limited till "hi n hello", which will stop very soon and that leaves me with a question everytime "Why did I even help her?" Silly me!

10. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

The answer lies a lot within us. Let me ask this: how many of us -- both guys and girls -- care about char-log in our daily lives? Not too much!
    Their generation and those before them went out of their way to ensure char-logs are happy! It had negatives as well. But up swing was that they had to keep connected. Otherwise char-log will say weird things. They had no other choice !

It's simple, you focus more on yourself you are more individual and less of a herd, you focus on those around you, you are a well connected herd.

Nowonder our parents had a very cookie cutter lives but they were well connected. We have more personalised lives but disconnected.

Sandycandy, MonikaSG and Rihana like this.