1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion: Which Of These Would You Choose?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Nylaa, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

His family doesn't really seem to have any particular colors for weddings. All of the weddings we've attended, people seem to wear whatever they like. Oh, I definitely won't outshine the bride. These are bit more formal and heavy than I would normally choose for a wedding but his family goes all out with weddings, so it won't be out of place.

They do cost roughly the same (with minor differences).

Bright reds and oranges aren't always the go to colors at Muslim weddings (even on the subcontinent). From what I've seen of weddings in his family and some Pakistani weddings we've attend, it's pretty much personal taste and brides (and guests) wear all types of colours, even light ivories and whites (they don't associate white with mourning as there is no religious impetus for them).

You make a great point about jewellery. I'm still undecided about that. I was thinking to go with bold earrings and maybe something on the hands?

They're by a Pakistani designer, Sana Abbas.

They can be customized (provided that you buy them with enough time for the changes to be made).

Oh my gosh, that is irking me so much! I was wondering whether the dress was too long for the model wearing it or if it was designed that way.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

All three are good though I would not use the mang tika or wear too much jewellery as the outfit does not really need it. I would though go for number 2. Enjoy the wedding and more importantly enjoy your self!

Nylaa likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think let OP choose what color she wants.

Also OP, if its looking good on model, it may not necessarily good on you. They have special lighting etc. Grey is a risky color and has to be accessorized well to shine on you.

Personally on me, all pastels make me look i am tired, no matter how much make up I do and moreover my skin is not make up friendly and it swells me up. So I end up swear to pick bright next time.
    another thing, at night functions, brights give better photo. I love grey and all shades on grey but my skin color is not grey friendly. So before investing big buck, think about that. May be test some greys on yourself and hire good beautician for nice bright makeup. Enjoy.

ranju5 and Nylaa like this.
  4. fallen

fallen New IL'ite

i like the first.

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

The last one is really pretty with light lavender shade !

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Things need to be noted here is the type of wedding, taste of the OP, and the time of wedding.

Looks like it is an Indian Muslim wedding. And from the choices made here, I assume OP likes grey color a lot.
    Personally, I am familiar with Indian Hindu weddings, and I love the beauty of colors in such weddings. Not sure about Muslim weddings though
    Personally I am not a fan of grey, and it won't suit well on my skin either.
    So, I was not attracted to any of these dresses at first sight. But I tried looking through the details of each cloths, and obviously they are gorgeous.
    Color and design is mostly a personal thing, but when it comes to wearing them I always consider how I will look on other person's eyes.
    Because, more than myself, it is these other people who see my dressing most of the times.

7. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

The embroidery on the clothes is gorgeous..it seems you are tall and slim,, then these clothes will look great on you.
    But one thing, the grey do look dull even in the photoshoot- so grey is a risky color anyway. See if you can find similar style dresses from the designer in white or other colors..Do not overaccessorise..
    Among the three, first one is best, third one embroidery is stylish but not sure about the color combo with peach - depends on your skin tone whether it will suit you.2nd one is not good.

ranju5 likes this.
  8. Aarushi8411

Aarushi8411 New IL'ite