Where Do We Come From ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Endlesshope, Jan 13, 2018.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

No @sokanasanah I wasn't either. I had to learn a little more than that. I was not a happy person trying to understand all that complex process when it was forced on me. Later, much much later I read more and was fascinated.

That said, you are correct, we still are talking about different things, because if
    I haven't been keeping up with developments in this field.

I have narrowed my focus to just a few. Too time stretched with many responsibilities on the domestic front.

Thank you for introducing this, I will certainly use the reference points to learn more.

2. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

@Thyagarajan , I read your post a while back and haven’t got a chance to reply back - got side tracked with the below thought and ended up renting Graham Hancock’s “magicians of the Gods: forgotten wisdom “ .
    may be it was more on the lines of making structural changes to DNA strands that got lost in translation as breaking a rib ?

Yet to read the book , not that the author is in academia but I am always a champion of tangential thinking ☺️

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Endlesshope

@Iravati and while you sit , might I interest you in Dytlov pass over some chocolate cake ☺️

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:reading such responses. greatly warms up heart and am at such age only thinking such as your's does good to me.
    Thanks from bottom of my heart. Regards.

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Feel free to interest me with Dyatlov pass or Roanoke colony. I almost cried when the hoax of Cottingley fairies was busted — four photographs down, last one falling. As mentioned, I was bred on supernatural lore. I didn’t read anything profound or stirring while growing up but for darkly tales of criptids and space-faring aliens for whom my doors were ever open as a volunteered abductee.

Also, in my childhood, I was disenchanted of being a human. Then, someone consoled me that we all stem from alien seeds. The kid in me never bothered to ask why I don’t have slimy tongue or oblong eyes with such alien DNA. I was happy to hear that we were simply disguised as humans with alien roots.

Much later, Fred Hoyle and panspermia broke into my life. Where did life originate ? Hot volcanic vents or hurling comets may be disputed with heat in scientific communities, notwithstanding, I have never stopped believing that one day I will unearth a spaceship buried in Bermuda Triangle and fly away to a distant planet with my hardtack and Pustak Mahal books. So long, earthlings.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Endlesshope

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:never mind. it is always to those interested in the origin of the universe and human beings interesting irrespective of the title attracting or otherwise.
    thanks for the UFO site.
    Regards.