1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Indo- German Expedition

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by desposhwetha, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

This one is superb.. have no words... loved reading ....and m waiting ...

2. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

So nice to read something different and so addictive to want to read more....
    Kudos...

3. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I read the first episode, it is very promising. I shall catch up soon.

4. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone.

Sorry that I couldn't post for long, I had some serious personal problems. Now back home.
    Would you like me to continue this story or should I start something afresh?

Based on your feedback, I shall continue my writing.
    Sorry again.

Best
    Shwetha

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Please continue if you know the plots ..it was interesting ! But please finish fast too :)
    Nothing is more painful than an unfinished story ...

6. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Pls continue and resolve the mystery shweta.

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Dont even have the thought to discard this...Please continue and finish it..Its very interesting

8. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Hey shwetha
    I hope everything is better now at your end.. plz don't stop this story, it is very interesting. Do continue...
    Vinutha

9. sweetumrn

sweetumrn Senior IL'ite

Hope you are doing good now, Please continue the story.

TC
    sweets

10. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Chapter 17

When two clerical souls were united

Elf goes with Elf,

White you see down, dark it is on top,

Arrow and Red sky spilled blood.

The next day dawned with louds screams of Happy Birthday. It was Devi’s birthday and the teens were very excited on celebrating a birthday together as a family for the first time. Arjun and Maya had saved their pocket money to buy a beautiful silk saree for her. Her brother and sister in law had bought a diamond necklace. Since they were gifting after a very long time Dharma and his wife wanted to buy something memorable and chose this necklace. Sekar had bought her a gold ring with rubies. Ishaan and Aarushi had bought a FOSSIL watch for her. This was the first time Devi was receiving so many gifts on her birthday. She and Sekar usually preferred low kept celebrations of their birthdays although they always celebrated their kids birthdays in a grand manner. For the breakfast, Ishaan’s mom had laid out milk kheer, gulab jamun and kesari along with other south Indian delicacies for them. It was absolutely mouth watering. Devi was so touched with all the good wishes and love.

Maya hugged her tightly and wished her, followed by Aarushi who gave her the watch and hugged her warmly. The boys were bullying her constantly pointing her grey hair and that she had turned a year older now. With Sekar and Dharma joining the boys, the ladies blushed at the silly jokes and ate happily.

It was the best breakfast morning that they had had together. The weather was gloomy and dull. It had been raining since 3 am and the forecast of heavy showers made them decide to confine themselves to the cozy warmth of the house. Devi and Selvi were busy chatting while the teens cleared the dishes. The men rose up to make tea for all of them.

Sometimes, it is better not to have a maid, you know, Sekar said. I don’t get to do this at Chennai. Making tea for family is fun afterall.

Dharma chuckled.

You wouldn’t say this if you see a sink full of dishes when you are back home after a long day at work, and your wife reminds you to load them to the dish washer before dinner.

The men laughed together.

The teens quickly finished their tea and under the pretext of watching Game of Thrones they locked themselves in Aarushi’s room.

Are you not watching it for the nth time? Selvi and Devi demanded, for which the teens gave a loud giggle and ran upstairs. The ladies got busy with their discussions again.

Aarushi and Arjun quickly briefed the other two of the developments and the fact that they had cracked a date on which something important had happened.

Guys, this is just amazing. Maya screamed, while Arjun patted her to calm herself down.

Together they looked again at the crumpled paper which had the riddle written.

While the other three teens got busy chatting about the date and Arjun’s tremendous eyesight, Ishaan was silent.

Are you okay Ish? Arjun asked in a rather worried tone.

Yes. I am, he replied, it was clear he was trying to control his excitement.

While the three looked intently at him, he gave a broad smile and replied,

I think I know what the third line is. He picked the paper one more time to reconfirm his answer.

What is it? Come on Ish, Say it out, the others cried.

Maya, what is your favorite cake? He questioned back.

Oh c’mon Ish, now now. Tell us what it is, Aarushi pleaded.

As though he heard nothing, he kept looking at Maya for an answer.

Black Forest cake, she replied meekly.

Oh no. Arjun and Aarushi, gasped. How did we miss this? Arjun gave a loud pat on Ishaan’s back while Aarushi was all smiles.

Guys, can someone tell me what it is, Maya was feeling left out. She couldn’t understand why the others were happy.

Ishaan came forward to explain

White you see down, Dark it is on top,

This ideally means a place which has snow. While indicates the snow. Since the date is 11.11 it is of course winter and that is when the sky is dark always as the sunshine’s only for 5-6 hours a day.

But it could be any other place as well. Germany is full of snow in the winter, she questioned back.

You are right Maya. However November is too early for snow in all regions. Black Forest is one such place which has snow right from October as it is at a higher altitude. Also this is where the famous forbidden castle is located. If history is to be believed. This castle was the residence of an Aryan ruler who was murdered in the castle. It has only ruins now. So, I suppose this place has got something to do with our riddle.

But what about the New Swan Castle, which we went last time? Didn’t we think it was the place of all problems? Aarushi demanded. Apparently she had known very little about the Black Forest castle and wanted to know more.

Aarushi, did you forget that the New Swan Castle was an exact replica of the Black Forest Castle. May be the kings had a war or something? We have to find this out. In fact we still have to decode the last line yet, Arjun answered.

The teens pondered again over the last and final sentence of the riddle, cracking which is going to lead them to another dangerous night out.