1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Want You To Be Happy At Me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Gauri03, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for sharing your grandson's story Jayasala Ma'am. I think our children sense our helplessness and in a way teach us how to raise them right. We parents just need to keep our eyes and ears open and learn to understand their cues.

sindmani likes this.
  2. Gauri03

So true Kamala! Even The Bible has a psalm that goes "Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings ..." comes wisdom. Children see and speak the unembellished truth.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    sindmani and kkrish like this.
  3. Gauri03

Thank you for the encouragement Viswa. As far as parental dedication goes you are an example to all of us. I've learned so much from your experience. Thanks for sharing the bit with Mrs V. A no-excuses admission of guilt can work wonders in diffusing a volatile situation with the spouse. My husband learned this the hard way! :D

sindmani, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Gauri03

Dear Sabitha,

Happy New Year to you too! What a touching gesture from your DD! I know what you mean by overthinking their every word and move. Little children are guileless creatures, free of preconceptions and prejudices. For them life is a series of nows, and reality is exactly as it appears to be. Such mindful beings! I admire their ability to stay grounded in the moment. It's a tragedy that we lose our innocence as we grow up, and spend the rest of our lives searching for it.

Thank you for the lovely feedback!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  5. Gauri03

Thank you @Rakhii . I don't think I will ever ask that thoughtless question again!

6. Gauri03

Hey JAG! Happy New Year to you too!

It's uncanny how they can ask the questions we dare not ask ourselves. My son is exactly as precocious as your DS, and my challenge as a parent has been to address such moments with equanimity, without taking those questions personally. I am ashamed to say I don't always succeed. But everyday I strive to be a better parent than yesterday and hope it's enough.

7. Gauri03

Then you might want to inform him that she thinks human beings are called "human beans", and when she plays doctor she checks my "tenjepper" (temperature) and tells me I have a 20 "agrees" (degrees) fever. I have forbidden everyone in the house from correcting her. It is precious and she will learn soon enough. Too soon if you ask me. : )

Good to see you Dr S! Happy New Year!

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am here again because mothers always fascinate me!
    Of all the mythological stories, the one that interests me most is the relationship between Yashoda and lord Krishna. There is a Tamil song that roughly translates to:

What penance you did Yashodha?
    To make the omnipresent parabrahmam call you Mother?
    The one who created fourteen lokhas
    hugged, cuddled, fed from you and heard your lullabies!
    Even Brahma and Indra were jealous
    to see you have the opp to tie the lord to a pounding stone so as to make him beg for your forgiveness!
    Sanakaadhi rishi’s with all hardships and toiling attained the purity
    that you got easily by being his mother!

Mothers never get frustrated with their mischievous children. On the contrary they feel inwardly proud of their children.

sindmani, Induslady, SunPa and 6 others like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03
    long time. and what a beautiful piece..
    god bless the little sensei who make us a little better. we all do the nautanki of peetungi drama..
    you brought a smile that went missing as my young man went back to uni and left me pondering a lot on the one month of being on a nonstop chit chat or a month of enriching bonding laced with his wisdom, his pranks and knowledge and my caution and lectures.

while parting he gave me hug and told me “mom, you had the choice of giving up on me always, so thank you for not doing so and teaching me that it is the easiest thing to give up but i should try my best not to..” have wondered a lot in this journey as a parent like @Srama if we are doing it right and these are the times that they show you yes, what we talked or shared never went vain..

god bless and please be happy at her always..

sindmani, SunPa, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

You met me! :grin::grinning::tonguewink:

^^ Grand! :beer-toast1:

Treat us more. Treat us often please. :hearteyes: