Career Choices - Which One To Choose?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by SGBV, Nov 30, 2017.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Oh... Thanks for asking.
    For now - for 6 months from Jan- June, I have chosen the first option, as the management has agreed to give me loads of flexibility such as WFH option for 2-3 days in a week, and flexible timing etc.
    This way, I feel balanced, because I was/am needed at home for the kids, specially during their new schooling starting time etc.
    I am yet to figure out how long these flexibility will continue, as they are not in my ToR.
    According to the senior management, I can make this job further flexible as per my status if I could establish a strong system as a Manager here.
    Everything, including the project is very new. So, the initial time is very crucial. Looks like, I can bring it to my control, and establish a good rapport if I work seriously for the initial times. I believe, it will be a flexible, yet convenience choice. But I will have to wait and see. That's why this 6 months contractual agreement initially.

Besides, I have asked the second job/choice some 6 month waiting time. I tried, and it worked, so they have agreed to take me with their 2nd batch in July.
    I am still studying about the benefits I can get there. Besides, I also feel it is crucial we make some investments and FD as much as earlier, because I felt the taste of being bankrupt during the past couple of months after leaving my former job (hence no salary).
    This way, I support this second option as it can give a great room for saving.

Besides, I will look for other jobs in the mean time. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how it goes.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  2. diamond1880

diamond1880 Senior IL'ite

I hv been following this thread since its start, and absolutely admire the way you have been focused, and kept your priority clear. I really wish I can do atleast one part of it right, as of now I am a mess :cry:

3. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

A year ago I dramatically changed my career. Now I develop simple websites for busy entrepreneurs. This source helps a lot Studio Black Belt – Studio Black Belt . I'm not familiar with coding, but nowadays it's not necessarily to code to create websites.