1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by rarejewel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

And OP, please look for a job. You have to start from somewhere. You can't stick to I-don't-have-experience or I-had-a-gap thing for long. Please hire consultants.

UmmWhatNow and MikaMaina like this.
  2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

@sangeethakripa ... i am also in the same boat as the op, with no support from my father..i did not even file a case till now.. please can you suggest a good lawyer, may be after i get a job( i should soon) i will be able to file.thanks.. do you want me to pm you? i am in chennai.

sangeethakripa likes this.
  3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@amunique .. Sorry for the delayed replay. Please PM me .. Am unable to do it as my post are less than required:pensive:.
    I will share the contact info' of the advocate.

amunique and luvpeace like this.
  4. Ravsaries17

Ravsaries17 Senior IL'ite

I suggest if you are well qualified try to get a job .. and try to work out things amicably.. A Mutual consent divorce under Sec 13B of HMA is the best option... If you can objectively put across to your husband that all you need is divorce or with some settlement - i feel things may work out ..Trust me and i agree a contested divorce can be stressful staying in a different place than where the case is running..

You need to very clear what u want - Try to talk to the opposite party using your lawyer to know what does he want .. Good Luck

5. Ravsaries17

There are many good lawyers in chennai - but make sure they dont guide you in the wrong direction which can make things worse .. let me know if you need reference of good lawyer in chennai .. good luck

6. Ravsaries17

Move an application for speedy hearing of the case if you are sure that he is delaying it wantedly... An exparte divorce will be granted only when you husband hasnt turned up even a single time despite repeated notices going unreceived at his end ... good luck

7. chandu999

chandu999 Senior IL'ite

Hi.. anybody with good qualification and with good work experience but failing to get job ... please share your resume to the below mail id. careers@dharlaglobals.com

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

dear OP,

Please try upgrade yourself. apply for any job, tuitions or anything to start with. Things will fall in place. Even if he pay maintenance that would be some small amount for your basics. How many years can you rely on it. If he pay well and good otherwise its not worth the efforts.

9. chandu999

chandu999 Senior IL'ite

Dear Dp, first of all please clarify on the below.
    what is reason for your divorce?
    What is your husband's nature?
    How many kids do you have?
    What is your plan of life after your divorce?
    What will be your kids future without father?
    How sure you are that you will not get the same situation in the next married life as well?
    If you get the same situation again will you take same step again?
    What will be the support you are going to get from your family members after divorce?
    How much confident on the character of the other guy. If you opt to go for other marriage??

Like this there are N number of questions for which you need to have proper justify able answers. These answers not for us it's for your heart ...if your justify able to your heart then go ahead....if not ...try to continue with your husband if he is good guy with minor defects...

10. kalpas

kalpas Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Are your from Chennai?

As mentioned in the post, if maintenance is the reason your H is not accepting for Divorce,I think you should clearly think what you want to do.

Since you are qualified, I think you should think of clearly standing up for yourself , come to terms with reality and move on with life.

Don't waste time thinking about your past. If you do not have kids, it is just that you have to take care of yourself. If will be difficult initially,but definitely you will become a strong peron.

Take care

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018