Reflecting On The Passing Year And Thinking About The New Year

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by cheenu123, Dec 29, 2017.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

2017 was an important year for me because I got divorced, finally. I wouldn't call it sad or depressing because ever since I got divorced, I have been happier and calmer. However, when i did get divorced, I was in a mess and to get out of it, I started therapy. I'm at a stage in therapy where the psychiatrist is now tapering off the medicines and I too feel collected and disciplined. 2017 was important from career point of few since I completed a year in my present company and was immediately given a good appraisal, which, to be honest I was least expecting. I have also started driving again which I stopped when I was mentally exhausted. I want to restore my fitness and endurance in the coming year, want to strengthen my emotional quotient, pursue a course in digital marketing, travel to interesting places, and yes, maybe find love again :)

How was your 2017 and what do you want to achieve in 2018?

kaniths, Jey, VaniVyas and 10 others like this.

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Great to hear you came out from lots of struggles and now looking positively towards life. I too was going through lots of things since 2009. But this year is ending with the end of all the struggles. I just want to say be happy and stay healthy. Life has much more to give to the people like you who have the positive attitude towards life. All the best. Take care.

Sandycandy and cheenu123 like this.
  3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

@cheenu123,
    Congrats of taking stock of your career, driving, health and life.. wish you all the best to achieve your new year goals.
    For me 2017 was a year full of learning , hope to face the new year as a mature and disciplined person, of-course good health is on my mind!

Sandycandy, MonikaSG and cheenu123 like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Cheenu ! Pat yourself on the back ! Be proud, very very proud ! You conquered your fears, your insecurities and have officially taken charge of your life ! So congratulations!!! I wish you the very best for 2018! I hope you fulfill all your wishes and achieve all the goals that you set for yourself !

As for me, I always hope every year that I will be very grateful for all the good times and very strong and resilient for the not so good times.

Here’s a short poem I wrote just for you !

Zindagi ne kaha , dekhe tujhe kitna aazma sakte hain

Use kya pata hum toh lohe ka jigar rakte hain !

Take care !!

cheenu123, nandinimithun and Amica like this.
  5. priyakarthish

priyakarthish Silver IL'ite

Thanks Cheenu for starting this thread. Hope not only 2018, all the coming years you should be happy for ever.

For me, 2017 passed with lots of loss. My mother-in-law and my father passed away. Both their loss was a huge shock for us. All of a sudden everything happened. Slowly coming out of this. We also had some financial problems, still going on. I have never ever cried in my life like that. I am also searching for job for past 5 years. All together came up.
    Only one good thing happened in 2017 was I lost lot of weight.I was struggling for years with my weight. Still in my weight loss journey to reach my goal weight.

In 2018, all our financial problems should be solved, I should find out a job, I should reach my goal weight. Also I pray to god that no more loosing good people from my life.

I wish each and everyone a very very Happy New Year.

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Cheenu dear! Mainly only lurk these days but saw your post on the today's posts section just as i was about to log off and stopped to read it.

It is heartwarming to see this very positive update. Congratulations on your wonderful performance at work. And well done getting back behind the wheel too.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous and healthy year ahead. May all your dreams come true. Sending good vibes and thoughts and prayers your way! Take care and keep rocking! xx

Jey likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@cheenu123 - What a wonderful update! I’m so proud of you girl. Thank you for updating us and I’m so happy for you.

Happy New Year and hope 2018 is even better and brings health, wealth, peace and happiness in abundance!

cheenu123 likes this.
  8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

@cheenu123, Congrats girl for removing that "cancer" out of your life.

Go ahead with confidence. You are here to conquer.

Wish you a very happy, healthy, beautiful, peaceful, prosperous and successful 2018.

cheenu123 likes this.
  9. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Sandycandy,

You made my day, this was indeed heartwarming.

Love, Chinu

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

@priyakarthish
    Would be so kind of you if you share your weight loss strategy here.