Finest Post Nominations - December 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Dear Viswa
    Thank you for the kind words.I am grateful to you for supporting my " freedom of expression.

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much Jaysala
    Especially for contactiog your nephew and the lucid clarification on Nasa findings.
    I wish to add just one thing...( I further delved into NASA & Saturn )..
    It is said that the UV rays are at their most powerful moments in certain locations on earth..at some particular angles 49degrees or 89 degrees ..I am not sure.. The mere fact that our ancestors chose to do Prathishta Of the Shaneeswara at this point on earth speaks a lot about the vibrations there and the Sahani Peyarchi records three seconds of minute slowness in speed in the satellites which fly over these ( this ) angle / curve in earths' circumference Thank you

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My third nomination for the month is A Transit Date by @Iravati.

In mostly the author's words: Annapurna Nilakantan and Aditya Ravishankar are spirited, playful, witty, mischievous, flirty, urban, intrepid, upbeat, sensible, gritty, strong-headed, focused and intense, with no "till death do us apart" but a more prudent "till discord do us apart" and a hair fetish and butter pomade thrown in.

There are more episodes that follow the first one, but it stands alone by itself as a short story with the prescribed beginning, middle and an ending that has you smiling and in part wanting to get on that flight.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Rihana

My last nomination for the last month of the year is a Guide to Abhirasa in the 21st century ... "infer the cards he held in this hand before you appeared on his deck", "The choice of people you have dated in the past cries volumes of the kind of person you are today. They would have enriched and polished you in life."

How to do all this? Read on in the post itself: Love On The Academic Calendar by @Iravati.

I am nominating this post, but be sure to also read the post two posts below this for follow-up such as "No snoop and sleuth."

*Abhirasa: dating (where both are already attracted to each other and are on the verge of a relationship with maybe plans to get married eventually.)

satchitananda likes this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that had I reproduced the very sentiments elsewhere no one would have grasped my discourse. They would have given me the shrug on seeing a bedraggled baboon who swam across the moat and clambered out of an enclosure to escape from a zoo to hurriedly punch an essay before she was tranquillised of her passionate drivel to teach the world new-age love fundas.

Generally, common janta (not IL members) inquire, but why people separate... but why ...akhir kyun.. if they were so much in love, then why separate. The baboon scratches her head for a while. People are dismissive based on the outcome of a relationship. Popular assessment of a worthwhile relationship is facile. Traditionally, the yardstick to chalk up the strength of a relationship is the longevity. The longer the couple stay together, the admirable their bond. For me the measure of a relationship is not the longevity but the intensity of that relationship: how a person is capable of shaping and uplifting you in ways that you singularly could not have embarked on. A year of transformative relationship is gratifying than a decade of stunted affection. People entrust you with their belief and resources. You can do it, I am with you.

I have met men who spoke fondly of their exes not to misrepresent themselves as having been in enviable relationships or downplay their inevitable breakup. They were genuinely affected and nourished in their past liaisons. To be able to trace back and say, "What was I even before I met this boy/girl" should be the essence of any mutual bond. It is challenging to explicate that (not-so-)unusual scenario if people hadn't indulged in worthwhile relationships.

Yes, couples split but couples split for various logistics and reasons. But, what you have invested while it lasted transforms you. Yes, couples also have to prioritise bills and taxes and who-is-cleaning-the-sink, and then if time permits sing tujhe dekha toh sonnets to each other. But, if the Maslow's precedents are set, then you can truly and madly be swept off your feet and conquer your inhibitions whilst singing those sonnets. At times people get too much obsessed with the viability of a grandstanding relationship and miss out on the gradual transformations taking place alongside. Kal ho na ho ..what matters is not how clockwork smooth your life has been but how spontaneously enriching it has been.

I could not have been the person I am today but for the people as friends or colleagues or strangers who carved an "Iravati" out of a gummy bear from boondocks. If you had told me last year that I would be reading a wiki page on George Bataille and come across his transgressive novel L'histoire de l'oeil and further come across the word "enucleate". I would inquire: But why would I be reading about George Bataille, who is this batman by the way? On that, if you had further told me that because I would be reading Killing the Normies book in which George Bataille is cited, I would have doubted your clairvoyance. But then, it is not books, people happen in your life who provoke you to read these books.

The nominated post was on "romantic" snoop and sleuth but you know me when I find a chink in the tent, the camel's nose dives in with flank-speed. My personal observations hold water in my life for every kind of association I have studied, be it romantic or only-friends or its-complicated or its-Navier–Stokes.

I was watching a Shakespeare parody few months ago on television when I came across the word "hugger-mugger". Why all that hugger-mugger with the woman. I was thrilled with the word to insinuate a chupa chupi affair which was amusing than the word "intrigue" used in War and Peace novel. Lady Rostova: Why all that intrigue with my son.

I reasoned 'hugger' was when one is casually hugged and then 'mugger' is when something more than hugging was taking place like the cusp of a relationship. I liked that word. (blah)

(blah): Many have asked me in the past, how do I recollect where exactly I "met" a word for the first time. I don't know. My anecdotal reference is not to boast my knowledge but to provide the context how these words were purposed in my recollected literature. In my 80s, when I am still typing away with prosthetic fingers, ask me where I heard the word Abhirasa and in that doddering state, I would squeal: "Rihana, when she nominated the debut of Poorni and Abhi in Abhirasa Calendar post." I like your word too. Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  8. Rihana

I was aiming for a more succinct "something sutra" but abhi.. ending in sa and sutra starting with sa would have made it like a child given a first name ending in same syllable as the beginning of surname.

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Agatha, nothing to do with your post, but just noticed your avatar pic. Did you take that pic? It's absolutely beautiful.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear JS Ma'am,

Thanks for the nominations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.