1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Start celebrating Non-Scale victories...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy dear, you are such an inspiration to so many of us here!! What you have been through and the way you have bravely faced and are facing the challenges..... there is no way to say how much motivation it gives me. Every time my back acts up or something starts going downhill, I remind myself of you and how you have persisted and faced things after your surgeries. I tell myself that what I am facing is nothing and I should be more courageous, accept that there are phases to life, and all I need to do is keep faith, hang in there, and start again and I will be ok. This is something I have learned from your journey and it is the way I pull myself back whenever I feel tempted to give-up on my weight loss or fitness or even other things in my life.

In 2017 I have lost a significant amount of weight, but my non-scale victories are the once that give me immense pleasure. I have energy to be out and about for the entire day when we are away on vacations. I don't feel tired or ask for breaks. A full day at zoo, few days of continuous island hopping and tours.... I am able to enjoy food much better now without being negative or guilty.

2017 has been a mixed year, some victories and some valuable lessons learnt. Looking forward to what 2018 is going to bring :)

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

When I shared the thought of losing weight to everyone my mil was like it too tough for a person like you and me who eats a lot. She exactly said hamare liye possible nahi hai. It was very energetic dialog. I might had failed otherwise. But this thing made me to loose 13 kgs in 5 months. Now the winter started and again I started eating more and gaining weight. Need some push to start. Waiting for internal will to become strong like before.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@AkilaMani so happy for you. The feeling of fitness and being active and enjoying vacations with family without somebody worried or looking out for you is great. Enjoy more such outings and keep getting fitter.

Enjoying food every bit of it knowing you are burning it is great. And I believe the negativity about eating well gives the wrong signals to our brain

Enjoy life...let us keep them going...

AkilaMani and Buds like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@MonikaSG being motivated and looking beyond the scale in what this thread about. I have lost a lot and added some but no regrets . The commitment to being healthy and happy is a celebration in it self.

Join some group here and be motivated . All the best to be back on track

Laks09, Buds and MonikaSG like this.
  5. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

When I think about my non scale victories most of the points are similar to what others already mentioned here, still would like to add few.

In my relative circle, whoever talks about fitness, they always ends up with my name. Even though I am not that gym type person for exercise I am their inspiration, this thing I came to know from my nieces & cousins.

Few years back I used to get shooting pains on my legs, that time I was over weight, now I am prefect with my legs, no pain, no other problems. When was the last time I went to see doctor for myself? I don’t remember.

When I go outside with my children, specially with elder ones, people say that I won’t look like their mum.

Last not the least; always had great feelings after each exercise session. It’s like a self accomplishment & I am sure you all guys will love that feeling, that definitely boost your self confidence & dignity.

These are very very small things, still wrote it for Shans & for my lovely buddies here.

AkilaMani, vidyabaskar, SGA and 3 others like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Buds not visiting a doctor is such a blessing only i know how good it is so would @satchitananda. touchwood may you continue in the same pink of health and inspire people

SGA, Buds and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Touch
    Touch wood Buds. May you never have to visit a doc.

Buds likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

writing something after a long time.. had been wanting to go ok the autism walkathon but been having troubles with even regular walking.
    so finally made it to walk with thr angels and for angels.. a victory for this yr..

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Good job Shanvy. Waiting to achieve something physically! :)

Shanvy likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame